Could there possibly be someone with SO MUCH POWER at our club?

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Italy-Azzurri-Fan, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    That's just laughable. Elkann won't be doing any of that, and Agnelli will be close to impossible to remove from the Juve presidency unless its voluntary

3. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    a wild night of drugs and hookers hosted by Elkann might do that :laugh:

juventino13 repped this.
  4. paa10

paa10 Member

Jun 9, 2014
    #29 paa10, Jan 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
    I will quit supporting this team if Elkann takes over...

I see some of you discounting this as gossip, but what is the likelyhood there is some truth to it?

I didnt know Agnelli was a actual Bilderberg member and a pretty big one at that, he has dominated this league, we have done moderately well over the past 2 years and we just won the group even topping the group despite having the weakest midfield in the past 4 years...

The one thing that makes me see this as being somewhat truthful tho probaly embellished is the fact that John is very ambitious and shrewd.

Could we be seeing a Glazer family type ordeal in its beginning stages at Juve?

5. paa10

paa10 Member

Jun 9, 2014
    The Around Juve facebook page is running this story so its why I am partial to thinking there could be something to it. Sure they want page clicks and all that, but one thing I have noticed is that they constantly get photos from behind the scenes actions before games, they also help arrange travel plans for fans abroad coming to see, get them to meet players at restaurants and such, so it seems as if they are loosely connected to someone with the club.

It is just as likely that Juve allows this and doesnt put an end to this as they see it as a useful avenue to expand the club abroad which is becoming a necessity in todays world.

6. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    If this were to happen and what that article is true, that Marotta is on Elkann's side and Nedved would be set to become president, I would be fine with that.

Would losing to Porto really bring this about? I dunno, we'd have to wait and see. What happens if we win, is Agnelli out if Juve loses to the next team in line?

I wouldn't completely rule it out, but it seems a bit far fetched at the moment

7. paa10

paa10 Member

Jun 9, 2014
    didnt elkann marry into the family?

I thought he had no affiliation with Juve until that?

8. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    No, John Elkann is Gianni Agnelli's grandson. Agnelli chose him personally to run the family business

9. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    That's Lapo.

10. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Around J are guys who live in Turin and go to games most of the time so thats why you see the pictures. Theyre not affiliated with Juve or have much inside info. They used to be only quality and confirmed stuff but since they got popular and have an app they post just about any rumor you can find. They just want contents so its like any other rumor page. The news spreads in different places cuz everyone wants clicks. Just cuz u see something a bunch of times it doesnt mean its real.

11. paa10

paa10 Member

Jun 9, 2014
    Ive seen pics of them on the field and also pics in locker room before games... Thats kind of a big deal isnt it?

That doesnt happen here in American Sports, maybe its more chill over there tho.

12. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably just some workers at the stadium. Small community there.

13. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I knew it. You heard it here first guys, there definitely is someone with a ridiculous amount of power at our club that others find it hard to deal with. It appears that things are quite ruff and serious regarding the ownership of the club.

14. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do people here know how the club is set up? There's not some nefarious owner controlling everything, there can't be.

ArtemioD and St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  15. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    You can't reason with nutters Dante, you know better than to try.

16. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't believe that some of you actually believe this...

St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  17. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    The only thing that would change is the president, everything else would remain the same

18. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Things that make you go Hmmm.....

De Laurentis: “It’s useless to talk about Juventus, they have the highest turnover and they identify with [Andrea] Agnelli’s will to win at all costs. His career within the family is also at stake, with roles to be defined. We’ll see what happens within the club when he leaves Juventus…”

19. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well the kid wasnt wrong, maybe there isnt one person that is causing these issues but there is some turmoil in the background of the club that we dont know

maybe one day this will all be revealed in an ESPN 30 for 30 episode

20. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    This one seems pretty easy to suss out.

2 cancers have been cut out of the team. One was so bad, we didn't even try to get anything for him, just cut him loose.

The other should have been a bigger boy and remembered all the club has done for him, his family and esp. his career. He didn't, and he wasn't. So he is now gone too.

Nothing very mysterious here IMHO.

Dante repped this.
  21. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  22. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Very well could be a few people causing problems. Another possibility could be the struggle of the club regarding who is in charge and who has the power and who is in authority over who and what.

23. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Marotta is quitting. He said him and Agnelli no longer got along

Players pushed out
    People leaving abruptly without explanation

Curva suud protesting and they dont sing, if u notice our stadium is real quiet.

I think the kid was right....there is something going on in the background. Sad to see Marotta go, we will be ok as long as Patrici and Nedved are around. Hopefully we bring in Zidane too

24. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Agnelli runs the club and Marotta is an employee who is disposable especially when you can get somebody like Maurizio Arrivabene to take his place but keep on buying into the title of this stupid thread. Maybe someday you'll learn to trust that the family knows what they are doing.

juventino13 and Dante repped this.
  25. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Juve's losing Marotta, it's a shame, yes, but so what? Paratici is getting a promotion and let's be real, he's the real player here. He's the man identifying who we buy. Marotta was the CEO, he was the money man and while they made some great deals bringing players in, the selling capabilities were utter shit.

Just this morning, Agnelli himself said that it's a generational thing, they're looking to cement their place in Europe's elite.

Agnelli "What happens on the pitch is decisive, but alongside that and equally decisive are the Sports area, Revenue functions & Service functions. I wanted to clarify this. Juventus will continue to operate with an absolute continuity in management, like it did in the past."

"We have 6 very clear years ahead of us, where we are aware of the national competitions and international competitions, and we perfectly know that the centrality of the Juventus management is reflected on the pitch."

Agnelli "We have to be ready for global challenges and we have to compete with teams that are slightly ahead of us in terms of revenue like Bayern Munich in Germany, PSG in France, the usual English clubs and Spanish ones. We must ensure that Juventus remains on that level."

Andrea Agnelli "The new leaders are people in their 40's, people who are ready & prepared to take responsibility in the first person. People who are ready and prepared because of the extraordinary work done in the last 8 years together with Beppe Marotta & Aldo Mazzia."