Couceiro leaving FC Porto

Discussion in 'FC Porto' started by |--LdC--|, May 22, 2005.

1. |--LdC--|

|--LdC--| New Member

Nov 16, 2003
    Lisboa/Portugal
    He anounced is decision a few minutes ago.
    The Co Adriaanse arrival will be just a matter of days or weeks.

2. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Good luck to him he is a nice man who took over after alot of promblems.

3. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    His replacement sure knows how to coach Football that is for sure

4. |--LdC--|

|--LdC--| New Member

Nov 16, 2003
    Lisboa/Portugal
    Lets see if he can do a good job.

5. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Couceiro my be on the way to Turkey, will see in the next couple days

6. rgrayson

rgrayson New Member

Jan 20, 2004
    I can't find a link yet.. anyone else?

7. Filho do Dragão

Filho do Dragão New Member

Feb 29, 2004
    Uma Nação
    Peseiro should be the one to leave next. He just choked the last three matches. Who would've thought that with three matches to go in the same city they'd lose all three? That's unacceptable.

At least now it's academic for our side. I don't know if Couceiro should be the fall guy for this mess. There's plenty of blame to go around.

8. leafster

leafster New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    I think Couceiro did a pretty good job considering the state of the team he adopted. I just didn't like his tactics in a few games (namely the one against Inter in Milan).

I would like to see him stay with Porto but I can understand him wanting to go coach elsewhere...rather than be an assistant.

9. leafster

leafster New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    I agree, that was a complete collapse. 2 weeks ago they were fighting for the Superliga title and were favourites to win UEFA.

10. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    don't be surprise if all the top three clubs, with new coach's :cool:

11. Portoholic

Portoholic New Member

Sep 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I wish all the best to Couceiro. I'm not a basher of his. Too bad he wont remain with the club in some other capacity, but I guess he still has some good coaching to offer elsewhere.

12. mursa81

mursa81 New Member

May 7, 2005
    Miami , Florida
    it is probably the best option for all sides ...
    ...All Porto really need is a attacking minded coach (adriansse) that takes advantage of the talent we have up front and have them play their best ...
    ...and some minor twitches in defense and we are Set for next Year ...
    ....when one puts into perspective the reason we lost this championship (24 points lost in HOME) then it kind of makes losing this title a lil easier for me ..because we know that in a normal situation (nutting extroardinary needed) we would be champs ...this title by benfica kind of reminds me of the one that boavista won a few years back .

PRO ANO HA MAIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

PORTO aTE MORRER ! :cool:

13. Portoholic

Portoholic New Member

Sep 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I don't want to take anything away from Benfica and their fans. They should be happy with being champions again after such a long drought. But I agree with you that this year was just too much turmoil and all the points lost at home is something that I dont think will happen again anytime soon. We were still so close despite such a poor home record.

14. |--LdC--|

|--LdC--| New Member

Nov 16, 2003
    Lisboa/Portugal
    I believe thats a strong possibility despite Dias da Cunha saying that Peseiro will stay, about Trappatoni he will most likely go back to Italy to coach Roma or Lazio.

15. metro fan

metro fan Member

Apr 29, 1999
    Union, NJ
    To be honest, I never seen Couceiro being a big 3 coach. He talked too much during the short stay at Porto. For example he talked so much about the Boavista and Benfica game and never talked about Academica. The new coach will change this Porto team. I cant see a Porto team with so many stars having another season like this one.

16. biggyv

biggyv Member

May 18, 2000
    PGH PA
    Hey, it worked for Mourinho. :D

I think he did a good job considering the situation he came into. With the players lost, Mourinho going to Chelsea, and then the Del Neri and Fernandez debacles, he came into a very tough spot and had them in contention for the title with 10 minutes left in the season. So overall, you have to give him some credit.

17. RonaldoQuaresma88ca

RonaldoQuaresma88ca New Member

May 9, 2005
    You can't forget, Sporting and Benfica had a very stable season, on and off the field...while Couceiro took over a team, in shambles on and off the field.

Mourinho left, took his best defenders, while PDC sold his best player.
    Not to mention the departures of Carlos Alberto, Derlei, and Hugo Almeida, Cesar Peixoto, who were loaned out. The rest of the team was young and very inexperienced - Diego, Raul Meireles, Bosingwa, Ricardo Costa, Aareis, etc.

He did a great job, considering PDC screwed up on major signings that either flopped [Fabiano, Claudio, Hugo Leal,], or didn't pan out [Diego, Postiga, Pepe, etc], not to mention the fact that FC Porto had 4 coaching changes (Mourinho, Del Neri, Fernandez, Couceiro lmao - in 1 year span], PDC didn't exactly make matters any better Couceiro or his playrs.