Costinha! Pinto da Costa's mistake?

Discussion in 'FC Porto' started by T.Reis, Jul 11, 2005.

1. T.Reis

T.Reis New Member

May 23, 2005
    Oakville, Canada
    We can all understand why PDC has accepted the offers put forth by Dinamo Moscow for Maniche, Seitaridis & Nuno this transfer window since it is more then obvious the Russian club overpaid for the players.

Although I will admit that Costinha for $4 Million euros was a great price also, I believe that it may be the one to come back and bite us in the butt.

It looked for a while that we were going to land a younger more physical Fernando Meira to replace Costinha but that didn't work out.

So were now going in to the season without a replacement for Costinha. Don't get me wrong I like Bruno Alves a lot more then most people who visit this site do but i don't think he is a Costinha yet. Neither is (and looks like never will be) Raul Meireles. I still don't belive the hype made up for Sandro, and for those who want to see Ibson there, I'd rather see him playing Maniche's old roll.

If Faith starts on the right side at the back then Bosingwa is another option.

Either way, I'll admit that at times Costinha started to look like his best years were behind him, but I feel he was still a solid defensive midfielder with a lot of leadership. Let's not forget he got 6 goals last year to.

Hopefully someone steps up in that role and over achieves.

2. robocope

robocope New Member

Apr 9, 2005
    Lisbon
    I Think PC did several mistakes..Carlos Alberto , Fabiano , Costinha....!
    Costinha was a key man in the team and he was able to play at least 2 more years at high level.It will be dificult to replace it.It WAS SOLD FOR 4M and they want pay 7,5 to get Kromkamk ! It makes no sense also Costinha was decided to stay in Porto ...not same case as Maniche :mad:

3. ferreirajl

ferreirajl New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Lisbon, Portugal
    SACRILEGE!!!! :eek:
    PDC doesn't make mistakes!
    EVER! :eek:

[​IMG]

4. ferreirajl

ferreirajl New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Our future is assured in this position.

[​IMG]
    55 - Paulo Machado

5. ronnie86

ronnie86 New Member

Apr 10, 2005
    bosingwa is the man for the moment..........

6. robocope

robocope New Member

Apr 9, 2005
    Lisbon
    About Bosingwa ... O Mourinho disse que o Bosingwa tivesse a cabeca igual a habilidade que tem com os pes seria um fora de serie , o que ele quer dizer eh que psiquicamente eh fraco.Pode ser que o Co Adriaanse o ponha na linha.Ele eh o substituto natural do Costinha ...o Paulo Machado esta muito verde e tem que rodar num clube da Super Liga. :rolleyes:

7. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    This thread is pure blasphemy...how can Porto fans attack PDC...:D

8. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    I think Costinha was feeling WAY to comfortable at Porto and maybe that is why he was slckign off lately. I think it was a good move. Get money now and get nothing later.

9. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Did Porto fans really like Costinha that much more than Maniche?

10. leafster

leafster New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Ya, 4 million was a pretty good deal for dinamo but they overpaid for Maniche at 16 million ...so it all evens out :cool: .

11. PORTO.PORTO.PORTO

PORTO.PORTO.PORTO New Member

Oct 15, 2004
    Toronto
    its not CSKA its Dinamo Moscow wrong team man

12. leafster

leafster New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Thanks, you're right

13. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Paulo Machado & Nuno Coelho are the guys for the Job in the Future

14. |--LdC--|

|--LdC--| New Member

Nov 16, 2003
    Lisboa/Portugal
    I liked him more, mainly because he always was a professional, he always gave his best for the team (even in his first year when he was the substitute of Paredes, and missed the WC 2002 because of that...), we should had keep him he certainly was FC Porto kind of player!
    Maniche was a great player but this last season showed he wanted to leave to a bigger team and league, he wasn´t fully professional, he was lucky not to be sent off more often...