Costa Ricans Abroad[R] 2009 edition

Discussion in 'Costa Rica' started by aguimarães, Feb 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt12

Matt12 Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Trondheim
    Club:
    Rosenborg BK
    I think the Costa Rican fed said he was not allowed to play. Something they can do as long as the player wascalled up to a international game on a fifa date.
    Even if Bolanos himself did not wanna go the federation can do this.

2. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Bolanos said there was a misunderstanding between Costa Rica and IK Start...because he wanted to play in the Gold Cup...but if IK Start really needed him he was willing to stay in Norway...he just wanted both parts to come to an agreement to see where he was going to play because he is a professional...but since this whole situation is a mess now...he has been affected too since he can't play anywhere.

Matt do you know if Roy Miller is going to play in the Europa League match today? I read an interview of his today where he says he's back from an injury...and that he hasn't been playing much since Rosenborg is doing great...and that he might be loaned to another team in August.

3. Matt12

Matt12 Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Trondheim
    Club:
    Rosenborg BK
    Yeah seems like a real mess here the primary reason for him staying is said to be that he don`t want another period away from is family after recently playing in the WCQs.

Miller came on as a substitute and played the last 45 iin a game Rosenborg won 3-0. I would think a loan deal is likely and in the last transfer window they allmost made one unfortunatly Millers girlfriend could not get inscrance in the US so the deal was scrapped.
    Atm he is probebly a second or third choice as left back and as you said he has also had some injuries thats made it diffecult for him to get play time.

That said the team is playing 2-3 games a week now so there will be more rotation of players to aviode injuries and to keep players from getting to tierd. So i expect him to at least get som minutes in the upvomming periode. But likely in the cup or Euro league qualifications.

4. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
  5. gethomas3

gethomas3 Red Card

Aug 3, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    I don't want him anywhere near the sele...going to MMLS is like moving into a retirement home because you are too old and you can no longer tough it out elsewhere....

6. gethomas3

gethomas3 Red Card

Aug 3, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
  7. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    lol MLS is not a bad league at all...it might not be as good as many European leagues...but i think its still much better than the Costa Rican league (even though his old club Liberia might be better than any MLS team at this moment). Good CR players play there like Segares, Wallace, Sanchez, and Badilla. Leo will also get to play a friendly against FC Barcelona in August which is always nice.

8. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
  9. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
  10. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    how many teams have shown interest for Ruiz already? like 10?

i would go for the german team, the bundesliga is the best league compared to russia, belgium and the Erevedise

11. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Probably like 10-15 teams...but they have all made low offers or lost interest...this seems like the real deal though....its between Zenit, FC Twente, Hoffenheim, and Wolfsburg of Germany (looks like this team has just made an offer to Gent). I would go with Germany or Holland...Zenit is a good team...but Ruiz will get more exposure in a league like Bundesliga or Erevedisie.

12. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    It's official...Bryan Ruiz has chosen Dutch runner ups FC Twente and will sign a 4 year deal to play under English coach Steve McClaren! FC Twente will also be in the 1st stages of Champions League round.
    http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/b...antoise-twente/dasftb/20090715dasdasftb_6/Tes

http://www.terra.com.mx/articulo.aspx?articuloId=847861&ref=1

http://www.sportinglife.com/footbal...ional_feed/09/07/15/SOCCER_Ned-FC_Twente.html

http://www.imscouting.com/global_news_item.aspx?id=2584

He made the right choice IMO...he picked a league where he can improve even more and get more exposure...instead of picking the money and playing in Russia where he might get lost :cool:.

13. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Champions League Qualifying Round 1st leg
    Wisla Krakow 1 FC Levadia 1

Horrible result for Junior Diaz and Wisla...as they tie at home against an unknown team. Junior Diaz played the full 90 minutes of the match.

14. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Champions League 3rd Round Draw
    FC Twente (Bryan Ruiz) vs Sporting de Lisbon (Portugal)

FC Timisoara (Winston Parks) vs Shakhtar (Ukraine)

Europa League 3rd Round Draw
    Fredrikstad (Celso Borges) vs Lech Poznan (Poland)

15. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    I think he made the right move, unfortunately Sporting is gonna knock them out of the UCL, but he will play in the Europa league if they dont make it to the UCL right?

16. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    If they don't beat Sporting then yes...but FC Twente has a chance...they seem to have bought solid players (Bryan Ruiz being the main attraction :D)...they signed Parker the striker from South Africa...Pepino Cuevas of Paraguay...Nashat Akram the captain of Iraq in the Confederations Cup...and have 2 young players from Chelsea on loan.

Do you guys think Saprissa will sell Keylor Navas to Europe this summer? The rumors are that Albacete and Cadiz of La Liga 2 of Spain, Benfica of Portugal, and FC Twente of Holland are very interested...but Albacete seems to be the strongest option right now. Personally i would like him to play for FC Twente so he can play with Ruiz...but he would most likely be a starter or at least get more chances to start if he plays for Albacete or Cadiz.

17. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    well, i would ratter sell Navas in the winter window, i hope he gets a good contract too

Celso borges should go to Arsenal, does anybody have Arsene´s mail?

18. Cristian Bolaños

Cristian Bolaños New Member

Jan 3, 2006
    Costa Rica
    There is an official bid by Albacete now on the table for Keylor Navas. According to the news they are offering to buy half his "ficha". Great opportunity for Saprissa to make money on the future.

19. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Nice! Hope Navas is sold so he can get some playing time in La Liga 2.

Alvaro Saborio and Junior Diaz might have some options in France with Le Mans and Auxerre.
    http://www.futboltico.com/artman2/publish/ticosenelexterior/article_19239.shtml

20. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Update from Norway :

Douglas Sequiera (Tromsø) going back to Costa Rica on August 10. He been a regular lately for Tromsø and can play Europa league matches before he return .

Roy Miller (Rosenborg) on loan to Örgryte (Sweden div 1) from August 1.

http://msn.tv2sporten.no/fotball/tippeligaen/article2833870.ece

21. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    UEFA Champions League Qualifying Round
    FC Twente 0 Sporting Lisbon 0

Excellent result for FC Twente in Portugal. Bryan Ruiz was a starter and was taken out in the 60th minute of the 2nd half.

FC Timisoara 2 Shakhtar Donetsk 2

Excellent result for Timisoara in Ukraine. Winston Parks was a starter and assisted on the 1st goal. But he was subbed right after the play when he suffered an injury. It was a really nice play by Winston who never gave up on the play even though he was hurt.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NJGQ8x7-yw"]YouTube - Rezumat Sahtior Donetsck-FC Timisoara 2-2[/ame]

22. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    EUROPA LEAGUE

-In about an hour you guys can watch KAA Gent play against Roma in el Stadio Olimpico on justin tv. Randall Azofeifa will most likely start for Gent...Roy Myrie was not called up because he is still recovering from surgery.

- Fredrikstad is getting owned at home by Lech Poznan of Poland 3-0 in the first half. Hope Celso doesn't stay too long with this club because they don't seem to be very good.

- Tromso is losing at home 1-0 to Slaven Belupo. Douglas Sequiera will play this match and the return leg...then return to CR to play for Saprissa since he wants to be home so Kenton can give him a look (IMO i think he sucks but we'll see).

23. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    EUROPA LEAGUE
    Roma 3 KAA Gent 1
    Randall Azofeifa played 81 minutes in Gent's loss in Italy. Azofeifa played well in a game where Gent had the lead at the end of the half. Roma took the lead after Totti's b*tch as* diving :D. 2nd leg will be in Belgium.

Lech Poznan 6 Fredrikstad 1
    Celso Borges scored the only goal for Fredrikstad in an embarassing home loss to Lech. 2nd leg will be in Poland.

Tromso 2 Slaven Belupo 1
    Douglas Sequiera played the full 90 minutes in Tromso's win at home against Slaven. 2nd leg will be in Croatia.

24. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Dougjas Sequiera came in as a sub in 74th min.

http://www.til.no/www/Lagene/A-laget/(newsid)/29982