Costa Ricans Abroad[R] 2009 edition

Discussion in 'Costa Rica' started by aguimarães, Feb 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    what did the press say about him (bolaños)?

about Celso... do u think they paid saprissa some extra money to let him go earlier? can u explain it please? my norweign is very limited

HEY everrdo herrera employee, why dont u come and copy this new too? :D

Cristian bolaños this weekend
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcXbK9yqeGw"] and he will on the right....[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi3464uVkdM"] :D ....[/ame]

2. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Bryan Ruiz this weekend

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ozuZ6j0e4g"]he will on the left....[/ame]

q golazo

Cèst magnifique!!!

3. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Christian Bolanos was man of the match , he has also been impressive in the training matces.

I guess Fredrikstad had to pay extra to get Borges earlier , but it is not mentioned in the article.

4. Start fan in exile

Jan 5, 2006
    Lillehammer, Norway
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    The two bigest dailies in Norway - VG and Dagbladet - both had features on him yesterday, and have marked him as one of the most exciting newcomers Tippeligaen this year. Bolaños made himself even more popular with Start fans as well by telling one of the papers that he is not interested in individual honours but only in helping the team play as well as possible.

5. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
  6. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Belgium
    KAA Gent 1 Zulte Waregem 0
    Bryan Ruiz played the full 90 minutes and scored the only goal of the match. Randall Azofeifa played the last 20 minutes of the match. Roy Myrie did not play due to a suspension from last week.

Austria
    FC Admira 1 Austria Wien 0
    Froylan Ledezma played 80 minutes in his team victory.

Romania
    FC Timisoara 2 CS Otopeni 2
    Winston Parks came in as a sub in the 2nd half and was the hero by scoring 2 goals and saving a draw for his club FC Timisoara.

Portugal
    Lexioes 2 Trofense 2
    Brandon Poltronieri finally debuted in Portugal with Lexioes and played 58 minutes in the teams draw.

Mexico
    Morelia 2 Santos 1
    Oscar Rojas came in as a sub for the last 35 minutes and played well in his teams victory.

MLS
    New York Red Bulls 0 Seattle Sounders 3
    Carlos Johnson did not play in Red Bulls Loss since his international pass from Norway hasn't been sent yet.

Chicago Fire 3 FC Dallas 1
    Gonzalo Segares played the full 90 minutes for the Fire. Daniel Torres played the full 90 minutes for Dallas. Alvaro Sanchez will be joining FC Dallas next week.

DC United 2 LA Galaxy 2
    Rodney Wallace debuted as a starter for DC United and played the full match. Wallace had a solid match and was involved in DC's 2nd goal and received a yellow card... but the ref called a penalty against him for a handball that never existed.

New England Revolution 1 San Jose Earthquakes 0
    Gabriel Badilla did not play due to an injury and Argenis Fernandez was on the bench during the whole match.

Kansas City Wizards 2 Toronto 3
    Kurt Morsink did not play.

7. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Poland
    Wisla Krakow 4 Cracovia Krakow 1
    Junior Diaz played the full 90 minutes in Wisla's win.

Norway
    IK Start 1 Lyn 1
    Cristian Bolanos played the full 90 minutes in Start's draw.

8. ag944

ag944 New Member

Jan 27, 2000
    Los Angeles, CA, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone know if Rodney Wallace of D.C.U. is related to veteran Tico defender Harold Wallace?

9. Costaestabienrica

Mar 12, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    I saw the whole game and wallace play very good going up and down.

Is alonso solis still in the necaxza of mexico??????????

10. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    I don't know but i doubt he is because if he was our media would've already mentioned it...but who knows...he sure showed flashes yesterday of the old Harold Wallace:D

Yea Wallace looked solid in his first game as a pro...i'd like to see him more and see if DC keeps giving him playing time because he showed potential. Alonso Solis left Necaxa a year ago after his loan...he is now with Saprissa but has been injured for a few months now.

11. Matt12

Matt12 Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Trondheim
    Club:
    Rosenborg BK
    Start-Rosenborg in the Norwegian league today

Bolanos have been playing well for Start and with Dorsin injured Miller might get some time on the pitch today so 2 Costa Ricans :)

12. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    hey Matt what has the press said about Bolaños diving play on that game?
    He used to do that a lot here

13. Matt12

Matt12 Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Trondheim
    Club:
    Rosenborg BK
    Bolaños played well i think he was one of the better Start players and the team did also do well even do they lost 2-1 with a man advantage.

As for his diving yeah it happened a couple of times and really that is annoying he looks to be such a good player there is no reason to ruin his rep by falling that easy.

But hopefully the management will talk to him and he will stop it. That said is not like he`s been te worst diver of in the league so far.

As for Miller he didn`t play something i found a bit surprising considering that the first choice in his position is out with injuries.

But looks like the Norwegian league will have some quality Costa Ricans in it this year with Bolaños and Borges who according to media hype is suppose to be the next Ballack

14. worldsoccer217

worldsoccer217 New Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Costa Rican Players in the MLS:

-Carlos Johnson: started but got ejected in the 78th minute in game against Houston. Straight red. Game 0-0

-Rodney Wallace: started, played 82 minutes and taken out. DC lost 2-1 against RSL.

-Daniel Torres: Came on in the last minute (90+) in Dallas' 1-1 with Toronto.

-Segares: Played whole game; received a yellow; 3-3 Chi-SJ

-K.Morsink: Did not dress in KC with at Seattle (1-0).

To those who have messaged me about why he's not playing after being a starter or sub for over 80% of the games last year: I think he has fallen out of favor with the coach. Considering they have some players on the KC bench that shouldn't be there, it would seem (and many in KC agree) that it might be a personnal problem with the coach.
    If I'm not mistaken reading an article from a CR newspaper he also has European family (citizenship?) and wouldn't surprise me that he tries his luck in a 2nd division team in Europe (which if he makes it would be better for him and the CRNT is my guess). Unless he is traded I seriously doubt he'll be seeing playing time in KC anymore. Very weird situation.

-Badilla: I think he's still injured, but New England was off this weekend.

15. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    did Celso Borges´ team played this weekend? did he play?

16. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
  17. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    hey jonny, do u think he is going to get some minutes on this game? I hope a find the game on Justin or some other streaming site. He is one of my fav players

[​IMG]

18. Matt12

Matt12 Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Trondheim
    Club:
    Rosenborg BK
    CAnt find anything official but in a pregame interview on there website the manager say that Borges looks like a quality player but that he might need some time to adjust to the diffrent style of football in Norway.

So he isn`t sure if Borges is ready to start or if it would be better to just give him some minutes as a subsitute. Either way it sounded like he would play at least some in the upcomming game.

interview with the player on the same website.

http://webtv.tv2.no/webtv/sumo/?treeId=2061

19. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
  20. Start fan in exile

Jan 5, 2006
    Lillehammer, Norway
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Borges was on the bench but did not see any action as his Fredrikstad lost 1-0 to Stabæk on a late goal.

21. mv_nelson

mv_nelson Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    http://www.lda.cr/noticia.php?id=2592

three year deal, apparently. some confusion on the amount LDA are getting for him, US$350k or $550k? They get 10% of any on-selling deal as well, apparently.

22. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    I think its $350k...which is pretty low to me especially if u compare him to other Costa Rican players who have been sold for more and aren't as good as Hernandez. But he seems to be happy with the deal so wish him the best of luck :cool:

23. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Junior going to Celtic? is this real? or is it like Hernandez going to juventus?

24. Start fan in exile

Jan 5, 2006
    Lillehammer, Norway
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Christian Bolaños was man of the match and scored the equaliser in the 86th minute as Start played to a 1-1 draw at Aalesund.

edit: Extended highlights in the video in this article: http://fotball.fvn.no/eliteserien/article135678.ece - Bolaños' goal at around 4:35

25. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Norway :

Randall Brenes scored for Kongsvinger (div 2) when they won 3-1

Dougas Sequiera played full match for Tromsø (1-1)