Costa Rica MNT 2009, News & Comments -PART III

Discussion in 'Costa Rica' started by aguimarães, Jan 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Not La Tribuna ... that Costa Rican footie show that got time on Futbol Picante

2. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AxPf8f7a48"]YouTube- Uruguay vs Costa Rica 1-1 [18/11/09] Repechaje Vuelta Uruguay Clasifica a Sudafrica[/ame]

3. Titan 7

Titan 7 Member

Feb 17, 2003
    Tres Rios, CR
    We'll be back for 2014, we'll be hungry next WCQ.

But we have to learn our lesson, UNAFUT has to make changes to the local tournament, refs need to let games here be more physical, Stadiums and fields need to improve. Coaches need to prepare better, young players need good coaches.

We have to try to win everything next four years, UNCAF, Gold Cup, CCC, qualify for Olimpics, U-17 and U-20.

4. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Lol at Medford:rolleyes:

Dice Medford que con él, Costa Rica habría clasificado

5. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    DT Simoes asegura que Costa Rica fue su última selección

6. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTDfv-690i8"]YouTube- 12-ReneSimoesDTCostaRica181109.wmv[/ame]

7. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    We have the talent to do very well in the next WCQ's....but our Federation sucks...i don't expect much changes in the Federation even though we failed miserably in these WCQ's. We will also need a real coach (non-Tico) to guide our players.

A lot of players that played these qualifiers will still be at a good age for the next qualifiers and very young with good experience...and we'll have players from the U-20 team and U-17 (Joel Campbell). All we need is a good coach...and a real process....just look at Honduras...they have always been a good team...always the team that gave USA, Mexico, and Costa Rica problems...now they are ahead of us because they have had a real process even when Rueda had some bad results.

8. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
  9. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
  10. Don Nino El Dios

Don Nino El Dios Proud to be White

Mar 30, 2008
    La Casa Blanca
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Uggh still heartbroken after the rollercoaster ride that was failing to qualifiy. We really need to get our confidence back and show some of that promised quality if we hope to be there in 2014. So ********ing far away now....:(

11. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    ¿La Sele contra el Real Madrid y China?

12. Don Nino El Dios

Don Nino El Dios Proud to be White

Mar 30, 2008
    La Casa Blanca
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My Spanish is not so good. Is there a possiblity that El Real Madrid can face La Seleccion de Costa Rica? Under what circumstances and why? So random. And would be awesome to see, they are my two favorite groups of football players. It would be very strange to see.

13. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    It just says they were in talks a few months ago about the possibility of playing each other. They said Real Madrid would love it but a team of that level´s agenda is full and it would have to be planned as soon as possible.

14. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  15. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Medford was a great player and somehow managed do achieve big things with Saprissa but is an idiot. We played horribly with him (much worse than now) and he was constantly in a fight with the media. The same thing happened when he went to Mexico afterwards but they didn´t put up with it for long.

http://www.aldia.cr/ad_ee/2009/febrero/21/ovacion1882102.html

16. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    yea man I use to like medford as a player, played with balls

was a joy to watch, but to read his statements makes my eyes burn

17. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Guimaraes >>>> Medford

18. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Every Costa Rican coach sucks.....i use to think Kenton was an excellent coach (when humble) but he lost my respect after the debacle in the WCQ. The only coach we have that has a future if he prepares himself is Ronald Gonzalez...was in charge of our U-20 team in Egypt and will be our U-23 coach for 2012. I think it would be excellent if we bring a European or South American coach and have Gonzalez as an assistant...we'd likely see a more offensive team with Bryan Ruiz, Marcos Urena, and Josue Martinez as our fowards.

19. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    GTFO!! thats crazy!

am jealous but then again their a bunch of cheats

20. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
  21. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

France's first two WC games are Uruguay and Mexico. A Central American team that has played both twice this year seems a logical choice!

22. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    :confused:

I dont see how Honduras facing USA is going to better our chances of beating Spain when the USA beat them?

23. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    The USMNT and Honduras have different playing styles, everyone knows that. What the French don´t realize is so do Honduras an Costa Rica.

24. TBR

TBR Member

Mar 15, 2007
    DMV
    Club:
    CD Aguila
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Question...does Costa Rica have a big NT forum elsewhere? I find it strange that you guys aren't active around here as much as fans from the other 3 are. Surprised you don't have your own space by now either.