Costa Rica MNT 2009, News & Comments -PART III

Discussion in 'Costa Rica' started by aguimarães, Jan 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Satisfacción en Costa Rica pese a derrota ante Brasil en semifinales

2. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Do you guys think Simoes should call up a couple of the U-20 players for our playoff series against Uruguay? I know they are young but i think Bryan Oviedo and Cristian Gamboa should definitely be called up. Oviedo is Saprissa's starting LW and played a great WC....and Cristian Gamboa has been a starter or important sub for Liberia since he was 17 and was also very good in the WC. They are also very good defensively unlike Herrera and Sirias who should only play offensive roles.

We have to go all out against Uruguay if we want to qualify...I would use a lineup like this...

--------------------Navas-----------------
    -------Martinez-----Umana--------Segares--
    Myrie/Gamboa-------------------Leo Gonzalez/Oviedo
    ---------------Celso-----Azofeifa------------------
    --------------------Centeno---------------------
    ----------Saborio/Fonseca------------Ruiz----------

3. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    All i'm saying is...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLL

4. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RX8b21NxnZM"]YouTube - USA - Costa Rica 2-2 All Goals & Highlights[/ame]

Sucks when you play the beautiful game (even when leading) and loose to a team playing ugly ball. Just couldn´t help ourselves. Our fate was sealed with the twin losses to Honduras away and Mexico at home.

5. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    If it ain´t broke don´t fix it. The only mistake made since Simoes took over was letting our guard down at the end of the game last night. Still, he should still take a few stars for a possible look against Uruguay, other than Oviedo I don´t know them too well so I can´t comment on them. I hope (for once) we bunker down south and finish them off in our house.

6. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    why was SImoes kicked out the US game again? :confused:

7. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eudtO-dNGMY"]YouTube - Hungary vs Costa Rica 1(2-0)1 U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009 - 16.10.2009[/ame]

Looks like it was played well. Don´t know what happened with the penalty shootout.

8. NoRightFoot

NoRightFoot Member

May 18, 2006
    Melbourne, at times.
    Club:
    Malmo FF
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    In one word, no. They're only boys.

You're getting a bit carried away with what happened in Egypt.

By the way I look at that line up and don't see Hernandez? :D

9. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
  10. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    René Simoes está confiado en que Costa Rica se clasificará al Mundial

11. NoRightFoot

NoRightFoot Member

May 18, 2006
    Melbourne, at times.
    Club:
    Malmo FF
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I'm probably biased because we have some Costa Ricans out here but I really hope you guys do well. I'll certainly be supporting you.

12. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Thanx...just greatful we aren´t playing Australia:eek::D We still have some toughening up to do before next year.

13. NoRightFoot

NoRightFoot Member

May 18, 2006
    Melbourne, at times.
    Club:
    Malmo FF
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I think Australia are the last team you should be worried about until they manage to get their house in order. But don't sell yourselves short, Costa Rica look the goods.

14. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Well Bryan Oviedo would have a good shot since he has been playing very well in our 1st division in Costa Rica this season and had a great U-20 WC...plus we don't have LB's that are great and he is much better than Junior Diaz who started every match in the HEX.

I would put Carlos Hernandez in place of Centeno but it looks like Hernandez won't be called up for these matches against Uruguay.

15. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Costa Rica no está dispuesta a cambiar su sede como local para el partido ante Uruguay

16. TVBIZ

TVBIZ Member

Mar 16, 2004
    WORLD CUP PLAYOFF
    Costa Rica to face Uruguay home and home for trip to South Africa
    Both Games Live in Pay-Per-View

HOBOKEN, NJ---Costa Rica and Uruguay both get another chance at qualifying for the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa, when they face off in a home and home total goals series on November 14 and November 18. The broadcast of both games is being distributed by Integrated Sports in the United States and Canada for live viewing on both cable and satellite pay-per-view via iN Demand, DIRECTV, DISH Network, TVN, Viewer’s Choice and Bell TV for a suggested retail price of only $24.95.

The first leg of the playoff will be held in Costa Rica. Kickoff is at 9pm ET, the second leg on November 18 in Uruguay, kicks off at 6:00 pm ET. Venues for the games have not been announced yet.

Costa Rica was forced into the playoff to qualify after finishing fourth in CONCACAF Qualifying, behind the United States, Mexico and Honduras.

The Ticos were relegated to the playoff after the United States stunned them, coming from behind for a 2-2 tie on the final night of qualifying. A Costa Rica win in Washington D.C., that night would have assured them a spot in the World Cup, but with the emotional draw that made U.S. defender Jonathan Bornstein a national hero in Honduras, the Ticos finished with 16 points, the same as Honduras, but relegated to the playoff because of tie breakers.

Uruguay finished fifth in South American qualifying, behind Brazil, Chile, Paraguay and Argentina.
    Uruguay also had its hopes for a direct path to South Africa dashed on the final night of qualifying, when they lost to Argentina, who leap- frogged them in the standings.

Uruguay has faced a playoff situation during qualifying for the last two World Cups. In 2001, they advanced to Korea/Japan with a win over Australia, while four years later, it was the Soceroos who prevailed, advancing to Germany after winning via penalty kicks.

“We can do it. Nobody likes being in this position but we've been there before and know how to approach it,” said striker Diego Forlan, who was part of both previous World Cup qualifying efforts. "What really matters is that our fate's still in our hands,” said the Real Madrid star.

For more information visit www.Integratedsportsnet.com

17. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Buen futbol de Turquía despertó inquietud en técnico de la Sub-17

18. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Costa Rica recibe a Uruguay en crucial duelo por repesca mundialista

19. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Cerca de 40,000 entradas vendidas para Uruguay-Costa Rica

20. Titan 7

Titan 7 Member

Feb 17, 2003
    Tres Rios, CR
    Estamos casi listos, pero no se termina hasta que se termina. Tengamos huevos y juguemos con amor a la camiseta, por lo menos que sufran los uruguayos, y su horrible futbol de volar patadas.

Por cierto, que malitos los árbitros españoles.

21. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqu69-rdWcE"]YouTube- Costa Rica vs Uruguay 0-1 [14/11/09] Repechaje Resumen Completo y Goles[/ame]

22. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Presidente Vázquez ausente en duelo Uruguay-Costa Rica "por cábala"

23. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    El Centenario no es tan temible: Marín

24. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    lol la tribuna

25. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Damn I was really hoping that you guys would take out Uruguay.

Sucks.

Anyway, does anyone have a link to La Tribuna? I'd like to see their input