Costa Rica All Time XI

Discussion in 'Costa Rica' started by Bengoechea, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Bengoechea

Bengoechea Member

Jul 28, 2005
    São Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Who would you guys fit in an all-time Costa Rica team,
    How would be the line-up, and who would be the coach?

2. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Well i'm going to post from the players i remember watching from 1995-2006 since our latest NT was a bust...and from their performances with the NT only not club level...

--------------------Erick Lonnis-----------------------
    -----------Reynaldo Parks----Gilberto Martinez---------
    Harold Wallace--------------------------Carlos Castro
    --------------------Mauricio Solis----------------------------
    ------------Walter Centeno-----Wilmer Lopez--------------
    Hernan Medford-----Paulo Wanchope----Rolando Fonseca

Other plays can be J.F Porras, Mauricio Wright, Luis Marin, Jervis Drummond, Rocky Cordero, Steven Bryce, Ronald Gomez, and Jafet Soto of 1995-2000.

Coach: Valdeir " Badu" Vieira

3. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Conejo has to be the keeper. He was voted by many the best keeper of Italia ´90.

4. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Yea i would've put him but i was too young to remember WC 90 so i just posted players i watched from 95-present :D

5. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica

i stopped reading when i saw carlos castro on this team

6. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Carlos Castro was a beast in 2002 especially in the World Cup...i haven't seen a LB with that type of performance with the NT except from Bryan Oviedo but that was in the U-20 WC. But after that Castro became a bum when he killed his career choosing Rubin Kazan over Udinese:rolleyes:

Other players i posted are bums now but were excellent during the early 2000's like Jervis Drummond who owned in the 2001 Copa America and Harold Wallace in his younger days.

I'm sure there are better players than a lot I posted but i'm only going from 1995-present.

7. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    I hate Medford so much I had forgotten what a great player he was. Cayasso was pretty good too and could make the bench. Maybe you only know him as a coach but Mauricio Montero was rock solid in defense in the early 90s, and our best defender in Italia ´90. Alan Oviedo was very good technically too.

8. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Mauricio Wright was one of my favorites players. I wonder if he ever got his coaching certification done

9. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Allan Oviedo is a loser, after missing that clear easy goal vs ES on the road for Fra98 i started to hate him