cos's latest column

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Fanaddict, Apr 14, 2006.

1. NotAbbott

NotAbbott Member

Oct 11, 1999
    My Own Little World
    My original opening line, that got overruled: "Sometimes the topic for this column presents itself with all the urgency of Tony Sanneh’s physical therapy bill." I don't blame the front office for thinking that might not be ideal for something on the team's official site, but I had to try. Haven't checked for other edits.

Later,
    COZ

2. ratdog

ratdog Member+

Mar 22, 2004
    In the doghouse
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Quality article. And good on you for trying to humorously call out Big Cash or Big Crap or whatever he's called these days. Too bad The Man came down on you. Fight the power!

I do have two slight quibbles with an otherwise great read:

There are actually two other possibilities:

2) You're facing increasingly poor opponents

3) A combo platter of improvement and poorer opponents.

If we win at C-bus, I'd plunk down for #3. We may be getting better but, to judge by the first two weeks' results, the Crew aren't exactly Dallas or LA.

Dave would have to go like 1 win, 7 losses and 1 draw (and remember, we get to play RSL and the Mutts as well as the Crew) over the road trip for the possibility of maybe Guppy fleetingly thinking of considering en passant the concept of kind of sort of pondering a prelimary examination of forming a committee to study the potential for looking into firing Dave. If Dave gets two wins out of this trip, he's good for a multi-year contract extension.