Cosmos NEW Stadium Thread

Discussion in 'New York Cosmos' started by penske, Aug 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Any chance of them getting the damn lacrosse lines off the field next year?

2. Trackman20

Trackman20 Member

May 14, 2003
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is not the right thread, but..... Where are you planing on pre gaming ? I'm going with a small group, so we'll probably move around a lot,we could stop and have a couple.[/quote]

The Cosmos are doing pre-game/post game at Firebird in Dunwoody. You can find the "info" pretty easily on the website.

3. penske

penske Member

Feb 21, 1999
    NYC
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe they are sewn in the turf. The turf is brand new from 2012 so we are stuck with it for 2 more years. It sucks but it's far less annoying being blue then if it were white and the soccer lines were yellow

brentgoulet repped this.
  4. wantmlsphilly

wantmlsphilly Member+

Aug 2, 2006
    Philadelphia, Pa.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. oneeyedfool

oneeyedfool Member+

Nov 17, 2012
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Could be an option for NYC FC, they are trying to be in the Bronx

6. penske

penske Member

Feb 21, 1999
    NYC
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    nope, NYCFC wants to rip off the taxpayers further and bail out the Bloomberg/Yankees garage scam.

7. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As opposed to... yeah. Seriously though, if the stadium deal doesn't work out in Belmont Park this does provide an interesting alternative. Are the Cosmos locked into Long Island, etc?

8. penske

penske Member

Feb 21, 1999
    NYC
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The point is the Yankees garage deal needs an SEC investigation it was that corrupt. So for the Yankees with assistance from MCFC with their abortion of an MLS squad planning to wash away their crimes shouldn't go unnoticed. The other public financing deal involving a sports team more shaddy in recent years is the Marlins Stadium in Miami.

Re: the Cosmos, I think you'll see something on Belmont announced shortly. It's a done deal, it's about the political process to ensure everyone gets to take credit and ass slap each other. No word if the deal was formally approved at the ESDC meeting Thursday. The issue is with it being Thanksgiving, even if it was approved, it probably won't be announced until after next week.

9. wantmlsphilly

wantmlsphilly Member+

Aug 2, 2006
    Philadelphia, Pa.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay, I don't think any of that matters when you're trying to get a stadium. If it goes in LI great but I just hope they have a back up plan and this looks like a great site and it is in side the city. All that other stuff is nothing but a distraction, if they ever want to make some noise, it's gone to start with the sound of bulldozers.

10. oneeyedfool

oneeyedfool Member+

Nov 17, 2012
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Cosmos being in a different borough from NYC FC is important for the future chance of becoming a third New York team in MLS. Being on the Queens-Long Island border would look better than being in the Bronx, assuming Man City USA plays near Yankee Stadium.

Speaking of which, perhaps the Cosmos should seek marketing partnerships with the Mets, Jets, Nets and Islanders. By landing in Elmont, the fans who traditionally align to those teams are a more natural fit. Motivation for the Mets is "f u MLS for going with the Yankees and f u Yankees just on principle." Perhaps for the Islanders it is "we haven't left Long Island behind as they move on to Brooklyn." Motivation for the Jets/Nets would have to be engineered by some brilliant marketer in the Cosmos ranks, but I think cross promotion would help. Maybe we have help get a few international friendlies played at Citi/MetLife and cut the Mets/Jets in on them. Maybe Franz Beckenbauer can throw us a bone here and get Bayern Munich over for a friendly. Perhaps Eric Cantona can do something tangible and get Manchester United over here for a friendly we play at Metlife/Citi too. Oh speaking of people who we should partner with that might want to stick it to Man City..... Just some thoughts.

Sam U El repped this.
  11. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting, first I'm hearing that this is done...

12. penske

penske Member

Feb 21, 1999
    NYC
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When Cosmos fans rely on someone from Northern California for breaking news I'll let you know. When your NASL2SF lands you a team give me a call.

13. MakingGoals

MakingGoals Member

Sep 12, 2013
    Up to there it sounds cool. The Cosmos need to seriously work on building their profile on SNY. More coverage is needed (blogs, reports, photos, general news etc on the site and channel).

14. MakingGoals

MakingGoals Member

Sep 12, 2013
    True or not, there really is nothing supporting this. (believe it or not, we support the same team). Let's not make statements that can't be back up. I know you want to see it happen, so do I and others. Let it just happen, and when it does, others can continue to criticize it and the Cosmos (as it will never end). All we have to do is keep on winning.

15. penske

penske Member

Feb 21, 1999
    NYC
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hey troll, go away and stop spamming the boards with useless comments. Instead of replying to your own posts with :) how about you add something to the conversation instead of all those useless comments in the expansion forum among other places.

16. Darkwing McQuack

Darkwing McQuack BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 11, 2011
    Morrisville, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, attacking your own fan base when they have a different opinion. Good job. :thumbsup:

17. Sam U El

Sam U El Moderator
    Staff Member

May 31, 2013
    Seoul Korea
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Keep it moving... Nothing to see here citizen.

wantmlsphilly repped this.
  18. MakingGoals

MakingGoals Member

Sep 12, 2013
    Seriously, you spend your life here wasting it, and you call me a troll? I speak to you in a nice way, and give you a show of team support, and you reply with nonsense. Thank goodness you really are not part of the actual people that make things happen for the team. Ignoramus.

This person can talk all he wants and it does not affect me. He foolishly has no clue of what I do and more that he will never be a part of.

There really is nothing more to see, but people like that give certain fans bad names. I wouldn't want to see that kind of fan at any of the games. That is not the kind of dismal support we need anywhere in any team or league.

19. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What the hell are you even talking about?? Just looking for reasons to attack people? All I said was that I had not heard about that.
    And FYI my local soccer team is currently building a stadium, it's not just a fancy Youtube rendering flyover video.

20. Sam U El

Sam U El Moderator
    Staff Member

May 31, 2013
    Seoul Korea
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So the off-season feeding frenzy starts... This is what happens when there isn't any domestic games to watch other than MLS play-offs... The Sporting v. Dynamo was like watching the Thrilla n Manilla compared to the Zzzz feast in Portland... People start going stir crazy and attacking each other... Actually that happens even when there is domestic soccer but it sounded good. :p

21. mng146

mng146 Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Rochester, NY
    So a sign of trouble in paradise appears, and you attempt to change the subject to something that has nothing to do with the thread title? Nice try, but ineffective.

22. oneeyedfool

oneeyedfool Member+

Nov 17, 2012
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Been following the thread and I missed that. What are you referring to?

23. Sam U El

Sam U El Moderator
    Staff Member

May 31, 2013
    Seoul Korea
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Obviously the Rhinos... Duh.

24. cosmojo

cosmojo New Member

Nov 25, 2013
    If I remember, the Cosmos were able to open the season with 11,000 plus. most people in the stands could'nt name one player on pitch. Fast forward to Atlanta where we stood quite strong. I agree with cross promotion, some of the guys were at a islander game as well as spotted in spain wearing islander cap. I spoke to newsday reporters Neil Best and others and the promised coverage. One world sports and SNY will promote. People still dont know about team. Believe me every time I wear a Cosmo hat, shirt, jersey, or scarf we help promote our team. Keep up the fine work. joe

25. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any idea when the Belmont Park news might go public? Before the new year?