Cosmos Future Stadium Thread

Discussion in 'New York Cosmos' started by SoccerPrime, Sep 25, 2014.

1. oneeyedfool

oneeyedfool Member+

Nov 17, 2012
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmm I would guess they'd rather stick it to a team owned by the Yankees as well as MLS who they flirted with but ultimately matched up with the Yankees instead.

Sam U El repped this.
  2. Sam U El

Sam U El Moderator
    Staff Member

May 31, 2013
    Seoul Korea
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    o_O..... Mets ownership teaming up with the Yankees ownership? What are you smoking?

3. Darkwing McQuack

Darkwing McQuack BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 11, 2011
    Morrisville, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    manny84 repped this.
  4. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  5. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If he hasn't been told NO yet, then he's gotta hope that it's still being considered. While it certainly does not look great from our perspective that it has taken this long, Stover most likely knows something we don't.

6. manny84

manny84 Member

Mar 16, 2015
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Me too. I'm guessing South Brooklyn and Queens.

7. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I hope you're right and he knows something we don't. I'm not too optimistic myself two years of waiting will do that.
    Then again IMO the Cosmos proposal is hands down the better one out of the four, the other three are mostly then same idea.
    could one of the cites have something to do with Coney Island, the other one as it was suggested here near Citi field?

8. oneeyedfool

oneeyedfool Member+

Nov 17, 2012
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope they keep it under wraps because of we know NYC FC knows. Brooklyn or Queens would be cool. As mentioned before, partnering with the Wilpons would be smart.

Sam U El repped this.
  9. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    True a bidding war with NYCFC would be a lost cause, Stover does well not to give too many clues. Although I'm sure with the limited space in the area there aren't many secrets about possible sites.

10. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If two parties are searching various locations and municipalities in the area for a soccer stadium, you won't be keeping anything secret from the other. Let's just say the Cosmos are looking at a site in Brooklyn, NYCFC has either already looked at that site, or the involved parties of that location will also contact NYCFC in order to get the best deal possible. It's in the owners of the land, whether that be a private part or a municipality, best interest to shop the deal around.
    It does make complete sense to keep anything out of the public for as long as you can though.

blacksun and Blando13 repped this.
  11. manny84

manny84 Member

Mar 16, 2015
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Yep, I'm thinking somewhere in that area of Brooklyn. The Citi Field location in Queens is a prime spot too.

12. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    oneeyedfool repped this.
  13. Darkwing McQuack

Darkwing McQuack BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 11, 2011
    Morrisville, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. oneeyedfool

oneeyedfool Member+

Nov 17, 2012
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seems like a bitter Islanders fan taking frustrations out on the Cosmos when one thing had nothing to do with the other. I fact if the Islanders ownership was willing to invest $400M of private funds to build a stadium complex they'd probably still be there. Apples and oranges.

15. Zoidberg

Zoidberg Member+

Jun 23, 2006
    LOL.....if only the Islanders wuld have been given damn tax money!

These damn sawker heads paying for it on their own. Screwing it up for everybody!

16. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah...the Wilpons know that 100% of a $20 a parking fee collected by the Mets is better than 100% of zero which is what happens when their huge parking lot sits entirely empty. Always follow the money...

17. raymondleone

raymondleone Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #168 raymondleone, Apr 28, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
    error ^

18. raymondleone

raymondleone Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #169 raymondleone, Apr 28, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
    Hempstead Town still kicking around Belmont-Cosmos option

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/...cking-around-belmont-cosmos-option-1.10335217 [Subscription]

[​IMG]

19. oneeyedfool

oneeyedfool Member+

Nov 17, 2012
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From Newsday:

Hempstead Town Supervisor Kate Murray raised eyebrows last week as she presented a citation to soccer great Pelé as the New York Cosmos opened their season at Hofstra University’s James M. Shuart Stadium.

Was Murray getting behind the Cosmos’ plan to build a 25,000-seat stadium, 75-room hotel and retail complex at Belmont Park? Not yet, said Murray spokesman Mike Deery. The town will not weigh in until the Empire State Development Corp. chooses among four developers bidding to develop the property, Deery said.

“We have not taken a stand on the project,” he said, noting that while Belmont is state land, Hempstead may have to issue permits for the winning project.

Several local elected officials, including Nassau County Executive Edward Mangano and State Sen. Jack Martins (R-Mineola), are on board with the Cosmos project.

“This project belongs here in Nassau County because the community wants it and deserves it,” Martins said. “It’s more than enough reason for Gov. Cuomo to take action and the community has given him more than enough time to do so.”

ESD officials say they are in the process of finalizing a decision.

Opposition to the Cosmos project has been led by Nassau Legis. Carrié Solages and his sister, Assemb. Michaelle C. Solages, both Democrats from Elmont.

Zoidberg, Sam U El and raymondleone repped this.
  20. AmeriSnob

AmeriSnob Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Queens
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kate Murray still feels she hasn't destroyed enough stadium projects in her political career.

21. Zoidberg

Zoidberg Member+

Jun 23, 2006
    Have the two dems who oppose ever given their reasons specifically?

22. oneeyedfool

oneeyedfool Member+

Nov 17, 2012
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. Sam U El

Sam U El Moderator
    Staff Member

May 31, 2013
    Seoul Korea
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    brentgoulet repped this.
  24. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Definitely a better location in terms of the location, but MCU stadium isn't exactly soccer friendly. But on the plus side it would finally quell any D1 talk out of the Cosmos.