Cory Gibbs PLEASE!!!

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by GCSOCCER19, Feb 11, 2003.

1. GCSOCCER19

GCSOCCER19 New Member

Feb 10, 2003
    North Carolina
    So I keep seeing this big hole that the US Nats have at the left back spot, and I keep kearing about this left back for St. Pauli who has killer speed and plays in the Bundesliga, the one and only CORY GIBBS! I have seen him called into camp twice, but never get his shot, and then get recalled during the canada camp, what is going on and how come this kid doesnt get a shot, he consistently gets a high rating from KICK magazine aslmost every game!! WHEN??

( By the way Convey is a flank player or a cent. middy, no exceptions )

2. Deimos

Deimos Member

Apr 23, 1999
    Louisville, KY, USA
    Cory Gibbs will get his shot, but not too soon. He's injured now with broken ribs.

Check Soccer Times

3. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    if you have ever seen cory play you would notice that he plays more centrally, although he does play left back as well. he is more of a man marking back in the mold of nic garcia, someone who is good at marking offensive players but is not too adept at going forward and attacking like the wing-backs in bruce's 4 man back line are wanted to do.

4. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Member+

Real Madrid, DC United, anywhere Pulisic plays
    Aug 3, 2000
    Proxima Centauri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also, Cory now plays in B2, as St. Pauli were relegated.

5. Pagefan

Pagefan Member

Aug 28, 2001
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also, he's not injured any more--he just played 80+ minutes this weekend

6. odg78

odg78 Member

Feb 14, 2001
    North Carolina

He got injured during the game this weekend.

7. RalRhino

RalRhino New Member

Jan 28, 2001
    North Carolina
    I'm sure that Bruce will take a good look at Gibbs this summer. I'd be suprised if he doesn't see significant time in the Gold Cup, barring injury.

8. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And looks to be relegated again this season, if current form holds

9. RalRhino

RalRhino New Member

Jan 28, 2001
    North Carolina
    This may be a post for another forum, but with St. Pauli looking to drop to B3, Gibbs has got to find a way off that team. I mean, an A-league team could compete at the B3 level, right?

So anyway, I know that the Galaxy drafted Gibbs two years ago. How long would they hold those rights if he should come to MLS?

And before anyone says it, I know that MLS is not in the policy of buying American players from foreign clubs, but if St. Pauli drops again, MLS could probably get Gibbs for a bag of dirty socks (no offense Cory) and having him in MLS would be great for his USMNT prospects.