Coronavirus Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Orange14, Mar 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    You dont need to out your trust in anyone, just try the experiment at home for yourself

2. https://www.bbc.com/news/51980731
    https://www.bbc.com/news/51980731
    Reality Check

Coronavirus and hydroxychloroquine: What do we know?

By Jack Goodman and Christopher Giles BBC Reality Check
    This "medicine" has been debunked already. It seemed to be a solution, until thorough research proved otherwise. It's not a matter of diversity of thought, which I only can support in phylosophical/social/political kind of debate, but of progress in knowledge. This woman isnot discriminated because of her thoughts. She simply doesnot do her homework, which is reading up the latest findings
    • 27 July 2020

This "medicine" has been debunked already. It seemed to be a solution, until thorough research proved otherwise. It's not a matter of diversity of thought, which I only can support in phylosophical/social/political kind of debate, but of progress in knowledge. This woman isnot discriminated because of her thoughts. She simply doesnot do her homework, which is reading up the latest findings.

3. You're really comparing the emission power of a pressured gas canister with a human respitory system?
    Really?
    And what was it the canister propelled out? Comparable to water vapours from our lungs? Or something far more thinner?
    You really should be more critical with "proof" supplied!

4. Please donot pollute the thread with irrelevant and incorrect political posts.

5. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Actually coughing or sneezing is much worse than a pressured gas canister. A cough or sneeze can travel up to 320 km/h. A gas canister doesnt even come close to that.

Read: https://surgicallycleanair.com/how-far-do-airborne-pathogens-travel/

Which brings me back to my original point, masks wont do much unless they are N95 masks. And very few people are wearing N95's

6. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    How can you claim she's not doing her homework when 300 patients she has personally treated herself were cured with HCL??

7. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Have you already used it yourself, lol.

8. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    I react to his post.

9. 300 cases vs worldwide 100ks/millions cases scrutinised by virologists/epidemiologists?

10. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    First of all there havent been 100ks/millions cases scrutinised by virologists/epidemiologists.

Second of all, she isnt the only doctor who has reported success with this drug

11. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  12. As you can read in the bbc link i gave worldwide the stuff has been given by doctors to patients, until it turned out not to be helpful at all. That doesnot mean there are no cases at all that benefitted from it. It means the chances it's useless and on the contrary possibly harmful are very large/overwhelming.
    And I donot give much for anecdotal "facts". Every group of professionals have morons who are in unicorn chasing mode. Not so long ago about 80 Dutch GP's (= huisartsen) signed a letter that the antivirus measures are a danger to the health of the public.

13. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    You and @Brilliant Dutch can continue your dialogue. I will not be posting further here as it is a lost cause.

14. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Your BBC link says the clinical trials were done by WHO. The same organization Trump wants to defund. You think there may have been politics involved??

Also, the patent on HCL has expired. There's nowhere near the same amount of money to be made with a vaccine (which can be patented)

15. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  16. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I already deleted this and the other post. I don't care if anyone wants to advocate bleach as a cure for COVID-19 but if ANYONE posts something like the two posts I pulled down they will be sanctioned with a Yellow Card. First and only warning.

17. No, if you read back my posts you will find the Erasmus University Medical centre also has experimented with it in the quest to find fast solutions to the high number of deaths and stopped it as there was zero results and only problems.

18. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    #418 Brilliant Dutch, Jul 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
    See, there you go again. You cannot handle a debate.

That was NOT someone advocating bleach, it was a team of doctors who have claimed to have had good success using HCL against Covid.

Delete the racist post thats fine. Thats in accordance to the bigsoccer rules. But deleting a post in which a doctor advocates a drug is you being Mr. censorship again and I have a feeling you despise HCL as a treatment because Trump initially mentioned it. Your TDS runs that deep.

Also, I proved you wrong again, you did at first say Covid was just like a regular flu. I pulled up your post which proves it

19. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    And how many patients was it tried on?
    Also, did they include zinc sulfate and Azithromycin or Doxycycline in their course of treatment??

20. You try to denigrate top of the world scientists, as those Erasmus professionals are just that! World top ranking scientists.
    By the way, I can't check it anymore, but that doctor you paraded hopefully isnot this one:
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/stell...a-demon-sperm-and-hydroxychloroquine?ref=home

21. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I asked you if they included zinc sulfate and Azithromycin or Doxycycline in their course of treatment?? You didnt answer that. Reason I'm asking is because I've seen studies that were only done with HCL and not the zinc or Azithromycin. The one study I did see said HCL on its own doesnt work because it needs zinc to open up the cells.

AFA the woman is concerned, yes that is her. She appears to be very religious. But even a very religious person can still be a good doctor.

Also she wasnt alone, she was there with 6 other doctors who also vouch that HCL/Zinc/Azithromycin works in curing Covid patients.

I sent the video to your inbox. I cant post it or O14 will want to censor again and close the thread

22. Received it, but for some reason it's not playable:
    upload_2020-7-29_15-49-23.png

23. Tied to find back the info on the Erasmus application of the stuff to see if they did what you mentioned, but I can't find it.

24. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Check PM box again. I count at least 7 doctors backing her up

25. Ah, found it. It only mentions in trearment it didnot work, but specifics arenot given. So, dunno on your question.