Coronavirus COVID19 - Megathread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Mar 12, 2020.

1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This is beyond any control though. It's like the "wash your hands" campaign that didn't do shit.

There are more complications. Let's say you open schools, will schools only be open for the children of parents that are considered to be less of a risk to become more sick than others?

As i said, this is all so vague, there is no way you can present this in any other way possible that it will not completely fall apart within a week or two.

2. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Bear in mind you are the guy pulling out supporting full scale quarantine - especially for the sake of older people and speaking positively in case of putting receivers on people and now you are "ethically dilly dallying".

Besides, nobody said lock them up. But stay mostly at home. Clearly.

3. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    That reeks of being abused. Who the hell wouldn't take that option? Do less work get paid just as much.

4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Imagine your coworker smokelung mcfatburger that's been living like a swine staying at home receiving benefits while a responsible person has to go out and keep the economy going in hopes of potentially keeping his job.

:eek::ROFLMAO:

Also, his children are not allowed to school because they might come into contact with the "less of a risk" children which in turn puts him in danger.

Sounds like a plan. Never mind the fact that the "risk groups" thing has been denied by medical experts over and over again. Less of a death risk doesn't mean no severe symptoms or potential need for intensive care.

The reason while a lot of loathed politicians have made progress in these times is because they are not afraid to make hard decisions, while many popular theorists and idealists have zero concrete solutions. This is basically what we're doing here. There is no applicable middle option between prolonged lockdown measures and hightened risk.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  5. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Bro, somebody needs to pay for that "body positivity".

Besides, benefits depend on financial state of the individual. Meaning if that fat swine is sitting on nice income, he ain`t getting financial benefit. He is just sitting at home enjoying shome fish and chips. Which,likely he is already doing at this point given the state of qurantine.

I have not mentioned school in any capacity whatsoever.

What is the percentage of severe symptoms and need for hospitalization let alone intensive care, in general and in case of healthy individuals?

Look at you mr. realist. Speaking about progress, when at this point we cannot even determine how long this thing lasts, and what happens in the fall of 2020 and winter of 2021.

There is not nearly enough data out there for you to make such determination. At this point they have just sent everybody at home and crossed their fingers. Meanwhile, we have zero idea how long this thing will last, let alone what happens in fall of 2020 / winter 2021. Rinse and repeat? Until vaccine is offered?

6. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    I don`t know about you, but in Slovenia given the usual benefits you ain`t getting paid as much if you are working. And you should not be, considering incentive to work should be there. Plus, depending on legislation there would be restrictions as to who is entitled to it.

Besides, at this point government of Slovenia has pulled out 3B package and legislation which is already heavily subsidizing individuals and entities. And there is shitload of them, because you know Slovenia has shutdown every non-essential business out there.

7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So schools remained closed till when?

As i said, if some guy on a forum (meaning you or me) would have the answer, this would have been over last month.

No matter what, the measures will have to either be very long, or very harsh.

8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The data we have is amount of beds in intensive care and capacity in every medical system.

Which means the analysis is that we have to maintain society running while keeping everything at a level where those in intensive care are lower than the available spaces for them. That is of course, without considering eventualities such as a virus outbreak in hospitals (which is very commonplace unfortunately), which further strains capacities.

This virus has been around in central Europe since the end of January, i think we have plenty of data to make some predictions on what parameters need to be fullfilled to say that we can grant more priviledges.

And again, the laws remaining the same means if one of my people at my restaurant get the virus, i had to shut down for two weeks with a public notice that we had an infected person working, which basically means that i can shut down the place since my reputation will be done for.

9. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Given high concentration of individuals present in Schools, i would have them closed. Till when? Till experts deem otherwise.

And now we come to the ironic part. Let`s say infection rates and fatality drastically drops. There comes green light to continue as usual. But then again, infections start spiking? What then? Full stop? Even more extreme? What happens in fall of 2020 -> winter 2021?

10. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Right now in rhe US it is more beneficial for certain levels of wage workers to not work.

They literally make more in unemployment due to the bill passed.

11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    For the infection rates to drop nd we can "continue as usual" we have to reach the first phase where we can track every incident and isolte the infected. In order to get there, even with current lockdown measures in central europe, it would take about a year or so.

Again, "flatten" the curve doesn't mean make it smaller, it means make it longer. So we're realistically looking at three options. A. Strict Wuhan style lockdown for months. Basically prison at home. B. Current lockdown measures for a much longer time period than the economy can sustain. C. Loosening up the lockdown measures and risking further infection spikes.

That's the realistic truth. all experts agree that you can't make distinctions between people, cause according to data, women are far less at risk than men, does that mean women go back to work and the men stay at home?

12. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Hence, apps and receiver? How do you apply testing for entire population? A year? Meaning a year of non-essential business closed? That itself is incentive enough to find another solution.

Yes, it means making it longer. No shit. Secondly, so you agree all three options are bad? Then, what exactly is your proposition? Or you support A.?

Well, it would definitely help challenge gender stereotypes! If anything!

13. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Correct. Aggressive testing and profiling will be a necessary evil. No "risk groups" and "lower risk groups", but people actually knowing when and how they put themselves at risk.

researchers quote the success Asian countries have had in fighting this, but they did it with MASSIVE cuts in personal rights.

You can't have a family and friends bbq with 20 people, and call it "quarantine" and assume it's the same as Wuhan's quarantine or 24/7 drone public space checks.

14. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    I was discussing China with my cousin. How in such cases dictatorship massively pays off. But outside of crisis, it is not exactly peachy. The contrary.

15. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

16. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

17. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Not sure how they would make more. Isn't the amount of unemployment insurance determined by their "regular" income (and a fraction of it)?

18. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No

They are paying whatever the state pays per week plus 600 from the feds

So here in florida, 845 per week total. Many people never made that kind of money

YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  19. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Is this for a couple of months only? When does this financial support end in the US?

20. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Up to 4 months

Eddie repped this.
  21. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Okay, pretty good in terms of quantity. Albeit for a short duration.

22. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
  23. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Tebas is a clown. There are people burying their loved ones, and the man is speaking about how much money they stand to lose with every breath he takes. Have some ********ing respect.

24. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I believe in California people are getting $450 a week after tax.

Literally peanuts for how expensive it is to live here. There is major insensitive to be working.

25. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Also the numbers sound like BS. Does it take into account the 70% wage cut of players?

Missing revenue projections by $1 billion <> "$1 billion in losses" in my view.

Shay Z and Umar repped this.