Coronavirus COVID19 - Megathread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Club facility is in partial closure as per official club statement now.

Mendy is possibly infected too. Leicester 3 players already in self isolation. Add arteta to it :(

2. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #102 Excape Goat, Mar 13, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
    I have been though this since January. I also encountered this in 2003 for SARS. I have close to 5 months of living through this. Was I worried in January? Yes or no.I would be lying if I said that I was not worried. Truth? I was enjoying my extended vacation (which pissed off a lot of people if I said that). I have been skipping work and drinking a lot beers.

The numbers in most Asian countries have gone dramatically because we have experiences. with it. In the West, the press or people who knew something about the virus have been telling people that the mask does not protect you from the virus. People wearing the masks in Asia is not wearing them to protect themselves. I told people in 2003 during the SARS. Most of us knew that the masks won't protect you(actually, a lot of people still think it protects you). It is to stop the virus from spreading around. The carriers do not know that they are carrying the virus. If everyone in the street is wearing a mask, the chance of a carrier wearing one is very high. If the carrier is wearing one, the spreading the virus will be limited. In most Asian countries, almost 99.99% of the population are wearing them. You can get arrested in China if you walk around the public without a case. In Japan, Taiwan, Singapore, etc, the number of new cases are also shrinking dramatically. People are not getting it from random people in the street. I have a close call three weeks ago. I was in the same restaurant with a carrier twice in one week, but the CCTV showed that he was wearing a mask. Oh yes, I was scared for a few days. Three weeks later, no one except his wife got it from him.

I was talking to an American medical workers living here. He got it, but most of his expat friends still don't. He told me in January how the masks do not work, but he also knows why we are wearing one. He thought that the USA is not ready for it(for other things as well), which I agreed.

"If you have flu-like symptoms in Asia, people usually wear a mask to prevent them from spreading to other people. I admitted not doing it for selfish reason. I sometimes wear it at home so that my family won't get it from me. So It is very common for Asian people to have masks at home. In the West, no one has masks at home. So if one government starts telling people to wear mask, what will happen? There will be another panic liked they have with toilet papers, " we were talking about that.

On the orther hand, the virus is probably going to die in April or May. The West might be able to solve it by then.

Anon., Doni, Eddie and 5 others repped this.
  3. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I am checking my own situation. One case over here is very close to me. A British man came back to Hong Kong ..... he hung out with some people and some people hung out with me. No, I was not wearing a mask and my friend was not wearing one.

4. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    You just need to add "...son of...." and you have perfect Lotr - Moria reference!

5. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    1238383400144248832 is not a valid tweet id

madridista_hr repped this.
  6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I have a team mate from Madrid, and he is reporting dramatic things from home.
    Hotels are apparently going to be turned into emergency hospitals starting next week, the spead seems unstoppable. It's apparently suspected that about 50% of Madrid is infected, but most of those people just aren't showing any symptoms.

Madrid is one of the richest cities in Spain, and has a top rank health system.

It's safe to say that the western world underestimated this, and yet, i am optimistic and feel that we're currently learning to appreciate normal life a hell of a lot more.

7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    In other news: Hudson-Odoi (Chelsea) tested positive.

8. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    EPL meeting today to decide on next steps. Given their earlier stance of "meh we'll play" It will be interesting to see if they'll finally ignore their wallets and think with their heads.

9. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The players should go on strike if the Premier League decides to play.

10. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    They just might, several clubs are arguing for a suspension, but the earlier EPL statement clearly showed where their priorities lie. The fact they wanted to compensate season ticket holders with free streams to matches to avoid having to refund their tickets says it all.

11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I got an E-Mail that said "the games are suspended, not canceled, no refunds allowed" from the Euroleague. It's crazy that i wanted to take my father to the Final 4 tournament, people have been buying luxury tickets for thousands of Euros for that.

12. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    1238395706769096705 is not a valid tweet id

No way EPL doesn't suspend the games, three teams are currently in self-isolation.

13. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    CHO has recovered too. Just saw his Twitter.

14. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid

15. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Bournemouth goalkeeper Artur Boruc the latest England-based player to test positive for coronavirus #AFCB

16. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid

[emoji23]

17. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Is this a joke?

18. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    If the EPL is too greedy to do the right thing

The government should step in. No way can they play

19. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Covid 0-PL1 [emoji23]

Uefa has suspended all fixtures for next week too.

RMrules repped this.
  20. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Eddie and J-Mezzy repped this.
  21. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The right and only decision.

WTF are we going to do without football now :D.

Shay Z and Lyra repped this.
  22. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Only waited till multiple teams are in isolation for them to make this decision.

Suspended until April 4th.

23. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What's going on in Germany?
    Behind closed doors or suspended?

24. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  25. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

This is the last thing i heard. I think this weeks games will be played without fans and then the league is suspended on Monday/Tuesday.

Lyra repped this.