Coronavirus COVID19 - Megathread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Balkans seems safe right now but it's probably gonna get worse in the next week, i'd avoid Italy at all costs though, it's quarantined anyway and i don't think you can enter the country but maybe things change until June.

2. lukita

lukita Member+

Real Madrid
    Aug 13, 2019
    Who knows with the Balkans they will never know the true numbers there lol. 99% of people there would laugh it off and say just drink some rakija you'll be fine.

madridista_hr and yoanaidarov repped this.
  3. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I've literally heard that 100 times today lol :D.

madridista_hr, yoanaidarov and lukita repped this.
  4. lukita

lukita Member+

Real Madrid
    Aug 13, 2019
    The rakija will kill the bacteria:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

5. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #80 Eddie, Mar 12, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
    1238225724336726016 is not a valid tweet id

Dybala infected.

EDIT: SEEMS LIKE FAKE NEWS, IT WAS DISPUTED.

6. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Probably suspended from tomorrow

7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I write my study paper for a couple hours and have the match going on and things are much worse just hours later.

Crazy situation.

Lyra repped this.
  8. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This appears to be fake news.

Lyra repped this.
  9. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    UFC 249 is Khabib vs Tony Ferguson, a fight that us hardcore fans have been waiting for YEARS. It's already been scheduled and canceled 5 times, and now it seems like it will be canceled once again.

The proposed solution was to let them fight in the UFC gym without fans.

AriGold repped this.
  10. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Well damn bro...

Glad you and your family alright

Eddie repped this.
  11. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    I called it a week ago.

The English can't turn down money and advantage. They will put their own in danger and the foolish fans will clap them for it.

Saeta Rubia, J-Mezzy and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  12. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Thanks man.

13. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Gareth Bale was smart, he started self-isolating a couple of years before everyone else.

madridista_hr, meringues, Anon. and 21 others repped this.
  14. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

My house is interesting

The girls (2 daughters and wife have low immune systems...especially my 11 yr old)

While i am quite healthy and my son might as well be an alien. Kid has been sick 1 time in his life and he is almost 14. Only time he was sick a stomach virus in 2012 and that shit lasted 1 day. There was once at a family trip that everyone (12 people )were terribly sick and he didn't blink.

I worry that robokid here could be carrying that shit and infecting everyone and we don't even know it.

15. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Luckily for us parents, it seems that kids are not affected too much by Covid19.

Lol @ Robokid :D

libertao and J-Mezzy repped this.
  16. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Disneyworld closed for all of march here in Orlando

My best financial month just became.my worst month :(

17. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That sucks man, the financial impact is expected to be huge all over the world.

I'm in a limbo in my business too. I have a few stores and i don't know whether to keep them open or close them. My country so far has 0 infected people but somehow i am not trusting those results. On one hand we need to keep business going but on the other hand i worry about the health of all my staff (me and my wife work there too).

I've told my staff that we'll keep open for a while and in case we have to close i offered them a couple of months worth salaries in advance.

18. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Sorry about that man

Lyra and J-Mezzy repped this.
  19. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Ya I remember man. You’ve been through a lot already. I can only hope and wish that you stay healthy for a long time.

Well fcuk Eddie. Damn. You should’ve said something. I hope you stay healthy and safe and the same for your family.

God damn. You joke mofo but I’m concerned for you. Just order the damn groceries online and disinfect everything if you have to. Fcuk just take as much precaution as you can.

I’ve known you guys for over a decade man. Fcuk

Anon., Bear Crotch, Umar and 5 others repped this.
  20. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I know it sucks but at a time like this we should tell ourselves that the most important thing is health. You just watch you’ll make that money back down the line.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  21. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lyra, J-Mezzy and Eddie repped this.
  22. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    My sister was diagnosed with a type of cancer which lowers her immunity. This was 3 yrs ago. She almost died because she contracted pneumonia from a pediatric patient she was treating. She a ER doctor. That was 2 years ago. She still hasn’t recovered from that. She can only work a few days at a time now because she is frail and can’t sustain it but she’s a fighter and she doesn’t let anything defeat her. She lives in Ireland. We’ve begged her to not work for the next month at the very least and she’s agreed. I know she is scared even though she would never say it. Once something almost kills you if makes you afraid for the rest of your life. Every night I go to sleep worrying about her and that was before this virus. Her bones have gotten so weak she bumped her shin on an airplane while walking through the isle and fractured a fibula. She is 32.

When someone close to you gets cancer it affects everyone they know. It touches everyone. Nobody has been the same since we found out. She’s so young and has literally never done a bad thing in her life. It took me a long time to get to a point where I would tell myself nothing will happen to her because otherwise I would just worry all the time. And as time has gone by I have worried less and less because it’s out of my control but this whole thing brought me all the way back. Even tho she isn’t going to the hospital to work she still has to go out to do norms, things. Yesterday 2 plumbers came into her house to fix the immersion heater. I worried the whole time. What if they were infected.

I get so mad when people make light of this shit.

For all the healthy people, just be grateful everyday and take care of each other. That’s what we’re here for.

23. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    They will probably suspend it tomorrow.

Lyra and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  24. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Insanity. What are they thinking.

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  25. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If you think about it, these athletes getting infected is a blessing in disguise. The FA's are being "forced" to cancel all the games which in the long term might save thousands and thousands of lives.

RMSocrates, RMrules, Shay Z and 3 others repped this.