Coronavirus COVID19 - Megathread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Mar 12, 2020.

1. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Yeah, I wouldn't trust anything issued by the Chinese government. But let's hope the cases are decreasing.

2. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I would assume cases are decreasing when you lock everybody up in their home for two months or so.

Meanwhile we're being told unless you've been in one of the declared infection areas recently "wash your hands and it's cool". We're having hundreds of cases daily so i assume all these folks must've just forgotten to wash their hands. :rolleyes:

3. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    As if they would tell the truth lol.

Honestly they people are making Covid-19 out to be some kind of zombie apocalypse virus.

The reality is it's danger is primarily due to how contagious it is and how we haven't developed antibodies because it's a new strain.

Cornovirus isn't new and has been around. Covid-19 is but there are more deadly things like Influenza, etc.

4. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Of course. its like India who HAD 3 CASES. i mean, whaaaaat, India, with 1,3 bilion people.

5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Covid-19 is 10 times deadlier than Influenza.

A top virologist in Europe called Covid-19 a "natural disaster in slow motion".

Anon. repped this.
  6. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    The media like to scaremonger - always has been the case.

There has been deaths - mainly in people with underlying health issues. No different to the regular flu if they are infected.

I'm certainly not going to be afraid to go to a public place or event.

7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    British people just different. "Wot mate, I'm still goin to the pub".

Anon., ehizzy3, MerlinRM and 2 others repped this.
  8. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    It's not even that. There are many deadly diseases and virus infections that can be contracted and just as deadly. It's that we have antibodies to fight against it.

COVID-19 is no different, it's just new to the system in this present form.

9. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Right on. So lets just have one guy who is too cool to be afraid just spread that virus marmite around so we can all develop antibodies.

Gonna find me a hot Coronadate today and build some antibodies with her.

Anon., Bear Crotch and AppleBob86 repped this.
  10. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    13% death rate for people over 80 years old. My grandma is still around.. this is no joke.. the risk of her dying from this if she gets infected is pretty high..

Anon. repped this.
  11. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    F1 has been called off

12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The high risk groups are:

-Older people (the symptoms get more serious at an age of 50+), so basically our parents.
    -Smokers.
    -People with preexisting conditions of the Heart, Lungs, or Liver.
    -People with diabetes, cancer or a weakened immune system.

So if you have a person in your life who is within those groups, or possibly even tick more than two boxes, this is no laughing matter.

Anon., girrdib, natenate101 and 3 others repped this.
  13. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Same for my Grandma.

" The war didn't kill me but this might " was her words before laughing out load.

14. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  15. Murghee

Murghee Member

Aug 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Man city match postponed

16. Murghee

Murghee Member

Aug 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Austrailian grand prix cancelled

17. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Weren't leagues trying to adjust their schedules for the winter WC in 2022 anyways? Play out the rest of the season, give the players the winter months off, and then the new season can be the calendar year in 2021. Sucks but no solution is going to not suck.

18. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    If any event is to be cancelled, it should be the Euro's.

Mixing people from multiple counties is a much greater risk

19. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    You know shit got real when Republicans in the USA are demanding that tests be free of charge.
    Only good news so far is how unaffected little kids are by this virus, that was my biggest worry considering I have a 3 yr old and a 10 months old.
    Another one is people are actually starting to take this thing seriously, one of our biggest annual conferences got cancelled this week.

Anon., natenate101, Shay Z and 4 others repped this.
  20. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    ******** man I have been in hospital since saturday with a bacterial infection in my elbow. It is finally healing but they just put the hospital in complete lockdown.

21. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    My daughter is 9, so i'm also pretty relieved that it seems to not affect kids. I live with my wife, daughter and my grandma. Me and grandma are in danger, i have an autoimmune disease and she's old, so we've stockpiled a lot of food and decided that if anyone needs to go out and risk their life if shit hit's the fan: it's my wife!

:D

22. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hope you get through this buddy. I can relate — my wife is immunocompromised and father in law is on dialysis. I am not afraid of getting sick. I am afraid of sickening others.

23. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Damn, be safe out there bro. The one good thing that will come out of big names and rich people getting sick is that they'll now work double time on releasing a Vaccine, so just hang in there.

That's husband of the year stuff right there:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Eddie repped this.
  24. MadridUSA

MadridUSA Member

Dec 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  25. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    After a life changing health issue in 2018, out of nowhere, long therapy and tons of medical issues because of it, i learned to take life as it is. If something happens to me, it's a comical conclusion of fate. I'm immesurably more afraid of harming people close to me or anything happening to them though. Really terrified.

Horsehead, Shay Z, Zidane05 and 6 others repped this.