Coronavirus COVID19 - Megathread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Mar 12, 2020.

1. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Freaking covid . Get well J-mezzy.

2. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We need to discuss how Europe have been having this under control but its slowly slipping away again thanks to tourism and carelessness. Schools haven't reopened under a positive sign in Germany to be honest.

3. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    what’s going on with the schools?

4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Protests vs masks, positive tests, states disagreeing on measures. One state says only with masks, other says no masks, parents protesting that masks prevent kids from focusing on the class.
    In Bavaria the health ministry forgot to tell 900 positive people that they've been tested positive.

Cases dropped to single digits and everybody relaxed, went on vacation and its spiking again, but the states and country have disbanded the emergency contact tracing teams.

We went from saying "were under 200 a day, were doing well as long as we stay under 1000 we can manage it" , to "well, 1200 a day, not good but no reason to panic!"

5. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Haven't been in this thread for a while and I just saw this. I hope you get well soon bro!

J-Mezzy repped this.
  6. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  7. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Don't even need to look at the numbers, just the fact that nobody goes for that "it's just a flu!/do you know how many people die in accidents every year?" angle any more in public or private should tell you what an extremely stupid idea that was in the first place.

Also everybody that "opened for the economy" fell flat in their faces, mostly the touristic regions that both suffered higher infection numbers and ended up wrapping up the season in financial misery.

Saeta Rubia, sneakking and Shay Z repped this.
  9. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    In the U.S. it wasn't the tourists. When your locals are this dumb, who needs tourists to spread the virus?

Wouldn't be surprised if we are talking about a 3rd wave before long.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  10. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Raheem Sterling tested negative after attending that COVID party in Jamaica with Usain Bolt and others.

11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We're talking about tourism from within the country. Lot's of people moving around, more people having relaxed fun, more points of contact.

The problem isn't an increased number of cases, it's that the topic is slipping away.

12. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I mean, there might be some of that. Though I just went to a tourist hotspot here in New York last weekend at there were zero tourists! And the states mainly contributing to the US' second wave were total "flyover states" like Alabama, Georgia, Arizona, Mississippi and Florida. Plus California tbf.

In the US&A its not tourism that's the problem. Its politics and peer pressure. If you wear a mask you are viewed as a Democrat and if you don't you are seen as a Trumper.

13. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    So he missed again ?

14. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Germany limiting public events to 50 people again, no fans at sporting events till at least the end of December 2020.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  15. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Berlin's anti-corona protests are absolutely nuts. You have to hear what the "speakers" are saying to believe it. I can't quote any of it here because everything is stuff I'd get banned for, but my word. What a time to be alive.

Education is just so important man, in every aspect of life.

17. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid

18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Löw expressed scepticism about the current international schedule. Can't agree more. Why are we wasting our time on games that don't matter? Why the risk?

19. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You Posting this to co-sign his sentiments are just for shits and giggles?

He is a dangerous idiot and the NBA players are actually forcing some change and making voting easier for many this upcoming election via their stance. I applaud them wholeheartedly. This POS constantly attacks American companies and institutions if they speak out against his policies or his inane comments but is supposed to be some sort of “patriot”? Honestly, who can’t see through this stuff?

Shay Z, Saeta Rubia, Horsehead and 8 others repped this.
  20. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    My Covid update

So I had symptoms for only 1 day. Never lost smell or taste nor did I cough or anything else. It was simply a sore throat and lethargy for 1 day.

Other people that I know didn't fare as well. A friend was very sick for 10 days, my ex wife actually ended up in the ICU and got a clot. She is fine now.

But I may be one of those "Long Haulers". My back is still a problem. I already had back problems but right now it's the worst its been since I originally injured it. It's not going away, it's limiting every aspect of my life, and I am for the first time considering surgery. I am also having a dry skin problem for some reason. My skin is peeling in my hands, knees, and elbows and not just a little. Wonder if that's related to Covid.

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to share.

RMSocrates, dooda, Shay Z and 16 others repped this.
  21. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    madridista_hr and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  22. DutchFanatic

DutchFanatic Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Dec 23, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Alaba should get himself checked out asap.

RMrules and Hsain85 repped this.
  23. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The headline of AS said Keylor Navas also tested positive. In the article, it said that Ander Herrera, Mauro Icardi, and Keylor Navas also travelled with Di Maria, Neymar and Leandro Paredes. It did not say that Navas is tested positive.

I wish all of them well, not just Keylor Navas.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  24. RMrules

RMrules Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 12, 2019
    so many players in different european leagues are testing positive,the new season may not even begin if this continue

25. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    People said the same thing about baseball.

My bet is the seasons will continue. These guys will quarantine, recover, & come back...