Coronavirus COVID19 - Megathread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Mar 12, 2020.

1. sneakking

sneakking Member+

Sep 11, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's the feeling I get as well

I feel like if everyone would wear masks as much as possible, we could reduce the impact, but people around here can't seem to be bothered, especially older people which is nuts

2. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Trump trying to shut down social media because they fact checked him. LULZ

3. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    The world is probably still alot better than ever before, more shit is just getting videoed. For this particular incident it was absolutely crucial that the guy took a video of that racist nutter. Could you imagine how f*cked he would've been if he didn't?

Glad that girl's life is essentially over. Well... I guess she could change her name.

4. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    A real threat or just a distraction for the 100k COVID-19 deaths?

5. sneakking

sneakking Member+

Sep 11, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    distraction

he doesn't have the power to do anything on this one

6. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Won't hold up in court. He is just playing to his base.

Funny his base love the constitution but support their god when he does unconstitutional shit

Drouchk repped this.
  7. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’m gonna remind you all that non-Covid/Sports stuff should move to Chat Thread. Thanks .

Eddie and J-Mezzy repped this.
  8. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

rhexis07, Lyra, Ahmadi8 and 2 others repped this.
  9. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

10. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Dana White apparently knew that Jacare Souza had been in contact with an infected person (apparently Jacare's wife lol) and when asked why he didn't stop the fight earlier he said “Because I didn’t want to. It’s my show. I’ll do what I want to do. I didn’t want to. I wanted to wait for the test to come in.”

Jacare had interactions with lots of other people during that time. Dana White just didn't want to risk the entire thing being cancelled, he (probably) thought it's not a big deal if a few extra people get infected if that means the show will go on. I wonder if things like this will happen in football?!? I can see certain clubs hiding such information about an important player until he can play an important game where he is needed.

12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    In my opinion, if a team does this it should result in an instant -10 point reduction or something really aggressive.

On the other hand, Bundesliga players are tested by an independent source every 3 days, so i don't see how they could hide something like this even if they'd want to. Covid tests should be treated like doping tests, not something the club does on the side.

Prit Javier repped this.
  13. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I don't think teams will withhold such information. That will risk rest of their squad getting infected as well during training.

Prit Javier repped this.
  14. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yeah Dana White is just a p.o.s

Shay Z, Eddie and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  15. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You think a team would disclose that one or more of their players were in contact with an infected person before a UCL final or league winning game?

I have my doubts.

Lyra repped this.
  16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's a terrible idea to entrust the teams with this process in the first place. Testing has to be done by a lab anyway, so the easiest most straightfoward way is for them to maintain a teast database with both the team and the League.

Also, even if they were in contact, considering teams would be getting tested the entire time, makes it irrelevant if they'd disclose it or not, the test would pop up positive before the match.

17. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Any info on how often they are gonna get tested?

18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Every 3 days.

19. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Since we're probably gonna play every 3 days, i guess they are gonna be tested a few hours before the game? Imagine if someone is negative but gets a fake positive result and isn't allowed to play :D.

20. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The fact that games are played with this kind of regularity is a much bigger risk than the virus, players will go down bad, which is why i assume that a lot of teams that have nothing to play for will totally half ass it and go back home, i assume even players on teams that have something to play for will at some point think about themselves and say, hey i'm playing for my long term future here, why break my legs over this worthless season?

The bigger teams have the capacity to keep players organised better. They don't have to do a thing at all. They get taken care of. The virus is a bigger problem in the third division and in smaller less organised countries.

21. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    That's a bit negative. I don't see players doing that in Bundesliga, not sure why they would in Spain.

22. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    With max subs now at 5, don't you guys think that La Liga should increase match-day squad size too?

23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Schalke lost a player for 4 to 5 months within the first few days of training, Haaland is missing for Dortmund, so far the injuries have definitely been stacking up. Just because it's not happening during mathces doesn't mean the increase in workload doesn't have an effect on the players. During Wolfsburg's first training session as a team two players clashed head to head and both got a cut, pretty much everybody present felt that the level displayed in those first sessions was absolutely comical.

Also the Bundesliga isn't playing every 3 days, and as far as i've seen La Liga has more matches to cramp into a small window.

24. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Those examples are very anecdotal. I think last match was the first time Dortmund made any change to their starting XI post-COVID. Are there data showing that there are more injuries than normal?

La Liga will have 2 matches per week, which is quite normal for 7 teams that would normally be involved in Europe while also playing domestic competitions. It will be more hectic than usual for the other 13, that's true. Although under the old Copa del Rey format, even small clubs had to play 9 matches in a month if they reached the quarterfinals.

Saeta Rubia repped this.
  25. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Germany have fewer matches left than Spain. Better training conditions than most Spanish clubs as well to be honest.

I don't expect the Spanish league to go half as smooth, because LFP and La Liga are incompetence in person