NSR: Coronavirus: A global Pandemic.

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by dapip, Feb 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Too mild - slide them a couple of Hydrocodone and all you have to worry about is needing a Narcon inhaler in case they stop breathing

2. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    But I live out in the country surrounded by poor white people. Where would I ever find hydrocodone?

Deadtigers, sitruc, onefineesq and 5 others repped this.
  3. roby

roby Member+

SIRLOIN SALOON FC, PITTSFIELD MA
    Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    Never got out of the car. Let me know if you're going smokeless. The day I turn my back on anyone with a definite need is when I go in the oven! :coffee:

4. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    We always have some wipes on hand and the. My wife bought a five pack before Illinois really clamped down. She had us on lockdown the week before JB announced the one in Illinois!

soccernutter, russ and usscouse repped this.
  5. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same.

usscouse repped this.
  6. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The question isn't where are you going to find it, the question is how much are you willing to sell them.

Deadtigers and russ repped this.
  7. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not from them .They need it.Go see Doc Schwanker and tell him yer back hurts from that forklift accident.

Deadtigers and Dr. Wankler repped this.
  8. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    WTF is wrong with these people?

I mean, come on, saving some money here or there does not matter when we're running trillion deficits... We're talking lives not money, stupid!!!

Deadtigers, ChrisSSBB and charlie15 repped this.
  9. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What the fuck were they doing having sex on a fork lift...

Wait, NVM

Deadtigers repped this.
  10. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    The problem was probably with all the bad food the fork was lifting. But don't tell doc that.

song219 repped this.
  11. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Guess he just got bored of telling people how good his testing was going.
    Now he’s back to the snake oil he probably has a financial interest in.

ChrisSSBB repped this.
  12. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yes he does. Someone found he has stock in Novertis IIRC.

13. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They're republicans

They're republicans

sitruc, xtomx, russ and 2 others repped this.
  14. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    And the economic consequences are just starting...

16 million jobs lost...

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/ec...ir-job-last-week-n1179611?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

They could have been generous with people, or directly with employers, sending them 60% of their paycheck/payroll and diluting 6 months of credit payments over the course of 3-4 years. They opted to send a paltry sum and increase unemployment benefits, causing chaos like the one below, because unemployment websites are crashing...

https://www.local10.com/news/local/...wnload-application-for-unemployment-benefits/

[​IMG]

Dr. Wankler repped this.
  15. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I just want someone to tell me that Hillary/Obama would have done exactly the same...

xtomx repped this.
  16. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will not lie to you over the internet...

Unless you're like a really hot woman in your mid 40's to early 50's with lots of toilet paper to spare

onefineesq, ToMhIlL, dapip and 1 other person repped this.
  17. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    I know this is from what feels like a few weeks ago, but Scheidel has an op-ed in the Times that I think you'd appreciate, @American Brummie.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/09/opinion/coronavirus-economy-history.html

Dr. Wankler and American Brummie repped this.
  18. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Stocks go up every single day. The S&P 500 is now above its May 2019 level. My tentative conclusion is that equity investors figured what the hell, it's only poor and lower middle-class people who are having their financial lives destroyed, that's not a genuine economic problem.

I am open for other explanations as to why stock prices could possibly be higher now than last spring, but that is my current guess.

Deadtigers, sitruc, soccernutter and 4 others repped this.
  19. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Meh. It's not like the poor and lower middle class people had any sort of financial life going on anyway...

20. MattR

MattR Member+

Jun 14, 2003
    Reston
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, it's more like "the rich people own Congress, any losses we realize will be fully repayed and then some by the government, let's continue to privatize the gains and socialize the losses!"

ElNaranja, Deadtigers, sitruc and 8 others repped this.
  21. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It has to do with whether the number was short of or exceeded the investors' collective expectations for it. Something like that.

22. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It may be a placebo, but my gummies makes me a better tango dancer. That was even more so before my hip replacement surgery. And no, my preferred gummies don't have much THC. It's mostly CBD.

23. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Update from my sister in Beijing China.....gotta be honest....I’m concerned, people are forcing “normality” while the virus still has no vaccine....

“Beijing Update April 9, 2020

Life is buzzing here in Beijing. I had forgotten what it was like to be almost run over by delivery guys on scooters while walking down the side-walk as they try to avoid the traffic of the streets. They made sure I knew traffic was back today on my way to lunch, the sidewalk is no longer just for pedestrians anymore.

The noises of tradesmen going about their business; a little construction nearby and general city bustle wafted up through the open window of my office today. Sounds that in the past I wouldn’t have thought much about and even tuned out, while tapping away at my computer, I relished and smiled.

When the city first went so quiet, it was unnerving. Then there was the enjoyment of hearing birds, the small noises made by the one or two people outside that seemed to echo in the quiet we had become accustomed. Now hearing city sounds ramping back up into a familiar hum is nothing short of joyful. Today was undoubtedly the most familiar Beijing has felt in 11 weeks.

Ours was a three-day holiday weekend for Tomb Sweeping Day. It is the time when families gather to tend to their ancestors’ graves and pay respects. This year, in remembrance of all who succumbed to COVID-19 and honoring those who sacrificed their lives in fighting the disease national flags were lowered to half-mast across the country. At 10am on Saturday the country observed 3 minutes of silence while air defense warnings went off along with sirens/horns of automobiles, trains and ships around the country.

The government encouraged people to not travel the way they normally would this past weekend. I don’t know about other cities but in Beijing, if you left the city limits you would be required to go back into quarantine for another 14 days upon your return. People took to the parks for picnics with friends and family in the warm spring air.

Yes, we are all still wearing masks and I don’t expect that rule to go away anytime soon. There is a new “health kit” QR-code App that we are all now signed up for with ID/passport info to track our health history/status pertaining to COVID-19. Basically, you scan the QR-code when asked and up pops your info with a Green status or a Red status for entry into parks, buildings, trains, planes, subways etc. This is our new normal and I believe it is what gives most of us the confidence to return to city life amongst strangers.

As I get ready to turn in for the night, I want to take a minute to say thank you for all of the warm wishes, the fun stories, the community outreach that inspires and of course the amazing sacrifices of people on the front lines, their support teams and their families. While watching the news is acutely painful so much of the time right now, the beautiful acts of kindness I read about happening around the world provide some balance and reminds me to always have faith in humankind.

Stay safe everyone.”

24. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    That Chinese experience, I guess, is what the U.S. stock market is expecting in this country. If so, the libertarians will not be happy.

chaski, charlie15 and American Brummie repped this.
  25. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What the fuck were they doing having sex on a fork lift...

Wait, NVM

Deadtigers repped this.