Corey Hertzog

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by DUST, Jun 8, 2012.

1. DUST

DUST Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Wilmington NC
    Club:
    Wilmington H.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hertzog worked hard all night scoring two goals and an assist for us last Saturday in our 3-1 win over the previously undefeated Orlando so we are happy to have him on loan! Good luck to you this season!

2. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Glad he's succeeding, right now our 3rd striker Arteaga who played for FC New York last year looks like garbage. Hopefully Hertzog can take his good form in USL and put in a better effort in MLS than he's shown so far.

3. DUST

DUST Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Wilmington NC
    Club:
    Wilmington H.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well he is only 21 so maybe the playing time and coaching attention he'll get here is what he needs to be called back up to MLS.

4. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Backe isn't thinking on keeping Hertzog more that the strictly necessary, with Henry, Cooper, Rodgers or a New Striker, Hertzog come to be a four option and in MLS you can't have a # 4 making 109K a year, that's why he insist on playing Arteaga that only will make a 46K next year or in any instance if Arteaga don't prosper enough they will look for a new reserve player...But they never will keep Hertzog, and he knows it and that is why he is over there, to open him self to the scouts of the others team that are short in strikers.....

5. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What was the rush in loaning him before the US Open Cup when we knew we would need reserves? Maybe in case the kid actually played better than Han's boy Arteaga what would Clueless do??? So Metro of Hans/Soler to do this. He could have been our Woly at end of games.

6. lkgf09

lkgf09 Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree really weird timing of the loan.

7. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Like I say above, Backe is in his way to trade/waive him and for that effect he has to play Arteaga more games to see if he will be the answer or look for somebody else, is that simple....This is the last year of Hertzog as a Home Grow and next year if he stay his salary will affect the CAP same as Agudelo could and that it is....

8. theENFORCER

theENFORCER Member

Apr 10, 2010
    NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Hertzog scored another goal. He has 4 goals and 2 assists in 7 matches played. Anyone know exactly?

Hopefully he has developed as a player through this. It's also not a bad idea to send out future young players out on loan instead of having them rot on the bench, it will be hard for some of the young players next season to get playing time with our deep rosters. Not a bad idea developing some young guys 1-2 seasons and to have future assets.

9. defendyourself

Jul 13, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    loan is extended for the rest of the USL season

10. lkgf09

lkgf09 Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One one hand I like that he is getting playing time and that the coaches can evaluate him based on that. On the other hand I would like him to get some opportunities over Arteaga.

But I hope that this will help Hertzog's chances next year if he continues to progress with Wilmington. He probably won't graduate GA next year so he can still be on the roster and I hope that with two years of development under his belt he can finally play a role on the team next year.

With new forward(s?) probably coming in (hopefully Rodgers but if not him I think we will get someone else) he won't have a role this season.

11. lkgf09

lkgf09 Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's great that Hertzog is scoring in USL but also remember that Arteaga led the same league in goals last year. So take that into account.

12. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
  13. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Do you know who else lit up the same league with goal after goal? Our very own Arteaga...

14. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    OK, I see Arteaga couple of game, maybe 15 minutes per game and to say the true he was horrible, and Arteaga isn't a young one to say the true, he is a Sr. player and will be 26 next November, but Hertzog is a 22 years old player and he deserve more playing time, and I say time not 10 minutes per game that are not long enough even to calm down his nerves, not to say start making some plays of his own.....The same you was saying about Barklage, Lade and Ruthven, that they don't show anything on practices and bla and bla, see what happen when Backe run out of players and Have to line-up them for good for 90 minutes per game, now Barklage is a starter and Lade isn't to far away to be too...

15. lkgf09

lkgf09 Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah so you need to take this with a grain of salt but it's still a good sign that he is getting it done with Wilmington.

16. FDNY Fitzy

FDNY Fitzy Member

Jun 11, 2011
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Hertzog is younger and a more out and out striker than Arteaga... Arteaga was billed as "technically gifted" but has no speed or predatory instincts, that kind of shit might get it done in Spain but not in MLS. Hertzog actually has a shot at being an MLS type striker.

17. lkgf09

lkgf09 Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How many times have you seen Hertzog play?

18. FDNY Fitzy

FDNY Fitzy Member

Jun 11, 2011
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Personally, only his Open Cup and preseason games with the Red Bulls. I have a cousin at Penn State however who was really stoked when we first drafted the kid, described his play to me and sounded more or less like a pacy, predatory kid with limited feet skills.

19. lkgf09

lkgf09 Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cool. Thanks for info.

20. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    I will not say that Hertzog is a genius soccer player, my concern is that Backe will waive him next year with out giving a chance, that is all... Because do you accepted or not, he is all ready marked to be waived....

FDNY Fitzy repped this.
  21. FDNY Fitzy

FDNY Fitzy Member

Jun 11, 2011
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I completely agree. Only way he stays around is if he stays cap exempt. Hans talked all the time about needing 4 decent strikers and now we have two...

22. lkgf09

lkgf09 Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I doubt he graduates GA next year so he still has a shot of staying. No one knows how the GA graduating process works but he has had no playing time so how can he graduate?

23. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Corey Hertzog found the back of the net in the 66th minute to propel the Wilmington Hammerheads to a 1-0 victory against the Richmond Kickers on Saturday night at Legion Stadium. The tally was Hertzog’s seventh goal of the season, moving the team to a 7-5-4 record and allowing them to remain unbeaten at home.

24. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    This it is the same Kickers that bit the hell of a full roster RB team?.....

25. theENFORCER

theENFORCER Member

Apr 10, 2010
    NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Although we haven't seen much of Hertzog I think we could have used him these past few games. We desperately need an attacking option off the bench and the only player we have atm is Arteaga.. Hertzog would have been a better sub these past couple of games than players like Palsson or Keel which are used as defensive subs.