Cordeiro steps down

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by Eighteen Alpha, Mar 12, 2020.

1. neems

neems Member+

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Apr 14, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is exactly why they should only have "equal" pay. And that pay should negotiated to the lowest conceivable number for all senior players regardless of gender.

I'm not sure of the way forward with the women to get that enacted. Likely, USSF would have to start with the men and then offer those equal terms to the women.

The fed has a lot more to leverage than they realize if they have an equal pay policy IMO.

2. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    Stating that this isnt on the scale of the Spanish Flu is like stating the impending recession wont be on the scale of the Great Depression.

From what I have seen, new information is coming out every day. I havent seen any clear answer on how contagious this is or what the mortality rate will be. These values currently look to be substantially different by country which appears to impacted by the response, testing, medical care, etc. Yet, you claim to understand it because it has "been around for a while".

Comparing the current pandemic to the Spanish Flu at this point seems rather silly. The origin of the two viruses occured in a similar part of the year (late 1917/early 1918 and late 2019/early 2020). The largest waves of deaths in 1918 came in october/November.

I sure hope things are contained and go back to normal as soon as possible, but think it is idiotic and negligent to assume that when the cases/deaths are growing exponentially. The best and worst cases that I have seen put out cover a very wide margin of outcomes. Downplaying the potential impact is only going to make the outcome worse than it could have been. Your words give the impression that you think you know how this is going to play out. Yet, when pressed for details, you decline?

TheJoeGreene and tomásbernal repped this.
  3. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    There's nothing of substance in your remarks. Let's move on.

4. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    The reportage stated this was going to trial. Perhaps the new USSF president will change the calculus.

5. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    I think there was plenty of substance. I pointed out multiple reasons why your comments on this are just plain ignorant.

TheJoeGreene repped this.
  6. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    It's difficult to discern the end game. If the WNT get all the money they're asking for then how much will be left over to invest in the youth side of things?

7. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    By itself it's an interesting discussion. Where does most of the money for the Fed come from - dues from youth, TV for the men and women, gate for the women and men, awards for winning in tournaments, sponsorship etc? Do the men and women want to help the youth or do they feel they earned that money and fell they should get most of the spoils or they want to advance soccer in the youth ranks to keep the country improving and improving?

jaykoz3 and IndividualEleven repped this.
  8. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    The stance of the men has been interesting.

9. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What exactly is there stance especially regarding money from FIFA via WC distribution?

10. jaykoz3

jaykoz3 Member+

Dec 25, 2010
    Conshohocken, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The current women's team members want all the spoils for themselves. At least that's my perception anyways.

Another question...should the WNT members from 1999 and so on be getting a cut of this backpay?

Anyways....I have nom issue with them getting equal pay. In fact, they should be subject to the same conditions the men are. Open competition for roster spots, no guaranteed salaries, pay per appearance...etc.

TheJoeGreene and kba4life1 repped this.
  11. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
  12. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    I just tried it. Seems to be working.

Winoman repped this.
  14. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    The article highlights that the US Men, heretofore studiously silent on the issue, have come out all for the women at same time their own CBA negotiations hit an impasse.

Basically, once the women get their gigantic new deal, the men are then going piggyback on that.