Coppa Italia

Discussion in 'Inter Milan' started by Samora, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We actually start this season without a bye and will face Cittadella tomorrow
    Goalkeepers: 1 Samir Handanovic, 12 Luca Castellazzi, 30 Juan Pablo Carrizo;

Defenders: 2 Jonathan, 5 Juan Jesus, 6 Marco Andreolli, 14 Hugo Campagnaro, 23 Andrea Ranocchia, 31 Alvaro Pereira, 35 Rolando, 55 Yuto Nagatomo;

Midfielders: 10 Mateo Kovacic, 11 Ricky Alvarez, 13 Fredy Guarin, 16 Gabi Mudingayi, 17 Zdravko Kuzmanovic, 19 Esteban Cambiasso, 20 Joel Obi, 41 Alfred Duncan;

Forwards: 7 Ishak Belfodil, 8 Rodrigo Palacio, 9 Mauro Icardi, 47 Alessandro Capello.

Quite a bit of returning players from the injury room and for once we actually look well supported in almost every position. Nothing but progress will be acceptable here.

2. SteelShot

SteelShot Member

Jun 8, 2009
    United States
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I feel a realistic goal here is the quarterfinals. We must make it that far. With no CL/EL it is definitely possible.

3. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would go as far as saying semis though there are teams that have enough depth to do well in all 3 competitions(fiore, juve, napoli ish). Mazzarri has had good results with his former teams in this competition, samp went runners up in 08-09 and napoli won it in 2011-12(the 2 previous years we had won it under mou and leo).

4. SteelShot

SteelShot Member

Jun 8, 2009
    United States
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I agree but after the collapse of last year I want to take it slow and not expect too much from this team. I know Mazzarri's achievements in this competition will aid us in possibly going farther but who knows.

5. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not to get everyone excited but man we looked a lot better today compared to the friendlies, for a good 70mins we were the dominant team like it should be and everyone was contributing. Campagnaro, Jonathan and Ricky were the stand outs for me and though icardi was the least impressive he did start to play better after palacio left but sadly looks like he pulled something. Game could have finished 8-0 but a very merited win, like it should be...

6. SteelShot

SteelShot Member

Jun 8, 2009
    United States
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Good to hear. Progress, even though its a serie b side. I didn't watch the game but I'm glad we held a clean sheet. How was Kovacic and Rolando?

7. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
  8. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    rolando didnt play at all, kovacic was subbed in after like 2 or 3 goals up but he looked good distributing play and dribbling wise

9. SteelShot

SteelShot Member

Jun 8, 2009
    United States
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Nice, love that Kovacic. Thought I heard Rolando was playing, my bad. What formation did Mazzarri use? 3-4-2-1? I'm surprised Jonathan has improved, he was really shit last year in the beginning.

10. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    commentators said 3-5-1-1
    interestingly enough is that when guarin, campagnaro and palacio came off we switched to a back 4 and what looked to be a 4-3-3(?)
    i couldn't tell because yuto was in front of pereira, kovacic was drifting more to the center and alvarez was pushed up
    anyways it was hit and miss: gave more possession to citadella and looked ok on the counter which kinda surprised me
    next game i heard is till december...

11. SteelShot

SteelShot Member

Jun 8, 2009
    United States
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The Coppa Italia is so weird. That's a long layoff until the next round. Should help us to get into form by then so I'm cool with it. Interesting what you're saying there. I want to see how this team plays this upcoming week. Nagatomo up front is unique, but I don't think that will happen again. Serie A needs to start now!

12. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Coppa Game today vs trapani

Goalkeepers: 1 Samir Handanovic, 30 Juan Pablo Carrizo,12 Luca Castellazzi;

Defenders: 2 Jonathan, 4 Javier Zanetti, 5 Juan Jesus, 6 Marco Andreolli, 14 Hugo Campagnaro, 18 Wallace,23 Andrea Ranocchia, 31 Alvaro Pereira, 35 Rolando,54 Isaac Donkor;

Midfielders: 10 Mateo Kovacic, 11 Ricky Alvarez, 13 Fredy Guarin, 16 Gaby Mudingayi, 19 Esteban Cambiasso, 21 Saphir Taider, 90 Patrick Olsen;

Forwards: 7 Ishak Belfodil, 8 Rodrigo Palacio, 97 Federico Bonazzoli.

Just win, no bs.

13. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well we won but with too much excitement. We haven't learned our lesson in letting teams back into the game in those last 20 mins or so.
    3-0 at halftime albeit the team looked erratic and not fluid. 2nd half trapani starting believing and threatening more though we ourselves had some good chances that should have engorged the score for us.
    Last 15 mins was end to end stuff but riddled with errors and bad decision making.
    The only players that can be flattered by today's game were imo mudingayi, andreolli, frog(motm), pereira, taider, belfodil(motm).
    Guarin, who scored, still dribbles only to lose the ball but at least he was involved in half of our attacks.
    Wallace should not start even vs small teams, only had one good play, defensively he was liable and very raw, offensively he was worse. Kovacic was again subbed for not being involved very much although he had some nice passes from midfield. Everyone else was so-so.

14. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MILAN - Walter Mazzarri has selected a squad of 21 Nerazzurri for tomorrow's 2013/14 Coppa Italia round of 16 meeting with Udinese at the Stadio Friuli (21:00 kick-off).

Goalkeepers: 1 Samir Handanovic, 30 Juan Pablo Carrizo,12 Luca Castellazzi;

Defenders: 2 Jonathan, 4 Javier Zanetti, 5 Juan Jesus, 6 Marco Andreolli, 14 Hugo Campagnaro,23 Andrea Ranocchia, 25 Walter Samuel, 35 Rolando, 55 Yuto Nagatomo;

Midfielders: 10 Mateo Kovacic,11 Ricky Alvarez, 13 Fredy Guarin, 16 Gaby Mudingayi, 17 Zdravko Kuzmanovic, 19 Esteban Cambiasso;

Forwards: 8 Rodrigo Palacio, 20 Ruben Botta, 22 Diego Milito.

Botta has signed a multi year deal after being out to livorno. We might just have the most argentinians in the league now:D. Belfodil is most likely on his way out and no news about guaro leaving or not.
    Udi haven't been so hot this season but we have struggled with them for the past 4-5 seasons and we play them away at home.

15. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well this sucks.

16. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    was looking forward to another milan derby tbh.

thanks udinese.:thumbsdown:

Samora and Calcio Pauly repped this.
  17. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Samp playing good defense with a man down. At least our attack doesn't look as toothless, if romero wasn't having such beast of a game we would be up.

18. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the red cards definitely helped:D
    1st goal for shaqiri courtesy of a nice backheel pass from podolski
    2nd goal: icardi took advantage of a defensive error