Coppa 1/4 final: Inter vs Juve

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Borussia, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Very important & prestigious game for us at Giuseppe Meazza stadium on Wednesday night, we badly need a good result after the last disappointments! Unfortunately we'll have to play without Gigi and Neddy :( ... what could be a huge weakening!

Here's a few pre-game reports:

CLICK 1

CLICK 2

CLICK 3

CLICK 4

2. RichieZ16

RichieZ16 New Member

Aug 13, 2003
    Denver
    Should be a fun match, lets not waste our legs on Inter when Livorno shoiuld be our focus. Lets beat they anyway, i despise that scummy other Milan team. To bad little mancini is not playin, i'd love to see him get hurt.

3. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ibra is out for the game while Vieria will be playing.

4. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here are the probable lineups...

INTER
    [4-4-2] Toldo; J. Zanetti, Burdisso, Materazzi, Cesar; Maniche, Pelé, Cambiasso, Solari; Cruz, Crespo.

Bench: Orlandoni, Cordoba, Bolzoni, Vieira, Balotelli, Ibrahimovic, Fatic.

JUVENTUS
    [4-4-2] Belardi; Birindelli, Legrottaglie, Grygera, Molinaro;
    Marchionni, Nocerino, C. Zanetti, Palladino; Trezeguet, Del Piero.

Bench: Vanstrattan, Boumsong, Tiago, Iaquinta, Esposito, Castiglia, Ariaudo.

Looks like both clubs are coming out strong. I wish we had Buffon.

5. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Red card for Burdisso at 9 mins for a tackle from behind on Del Piero, who was coming onto goal. Marchionni off due to injury, Trezeguet on.

6. ReMad

ReMad Member

Feb 25, 2007
  7. ReMad

ReMad Member

Feb 25, 2007
  8. ReMad

ReMad Member

Feb 25, 2007
  9. RichieZ16

RichieZ16 New Member

Aug 13, 2003
    Denver
    We are playing well right now and need to get a goal early in the second. To bad Marchionni got hurt and we had to bring on Trez. 7 corners in the first half, we need TO FINISH. Juve tifosi are outsinging Inter in their own stadium. Feel something good will happen soon.

10. ReMad

ReMad Member

Feb 25, 2007
  11. magik9113

magik9113 Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Conn.
  12. ReMad

ReMad Member

Feb 25, 2007
  13. ReMad

ReMad Member

Feb 25, 2007
  14. magik9113

magik9113 Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Conn.

just kidding
    :D

15. RichieZ16

RichieZ16 New Member

Aug 13, 2003
    Denver
    Im sorry boys, just when I was misserable and cursing half of you out for ruining my day, ya'll made it better. Thanks for the heroic performance and for ruining inter and all their parasite supporters day. Now lets take it home and get the draw.

16. magik9113

magik9113 Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Conn.
    thanks for the videos
    del piero one doesn't seem to be working though

17. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Did you wonder? Me not.

We always have a home game atmosphere at Giuseppe Meazza :cool: ... unless our fans aren't allowed to enter the stadium.

18. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Wow Marchionni injured again. That's always been his problem. Such a promising player but always having injury problems.

19. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    About the game: I'm very pleased and really surprised that we got such a good result tonight, especially when taking into consideration the fact that we had to replace so many important players! Kudos to the team for this great fighting spirit and impressive comeback after the 0:2 lag ... but we also shouldn't forget that we conceded 2 goals in numerical superiority, what simply mustn't happen! We did control the first half ... and then totally lost this control after the interval, what shows that we aren't a big team yet. But ok, I won't be too critical after this huge comeback in the last 10 minutes...

PS: Who was the guy that called Boumsong an "idiot" in another thread? :) Well, he gave you the right answer! :p

Can we get even more injured players now...? :(

20. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Here's a few match reports:

[​IMG]

Rimonta al Meazza, giochi aperti

Voleva almeno un gol, Claudio Ranieri. I suoi ragazzi ne portano a casa due dal Meazza e tengono più che mai vivi i discorsi per la qualificazione alla semifinale di Coppa Italia.

more:
    http://www.juventus.com/site/ita/NEWS_newstimcup_091F700563924E0EAACD98BE73C9139A.asp

[​IMG]

L'Inter prova a scappare
    La Juve la riprende: 2-2

L'andata dei quarti di coppa Italia è spettacolare: nerazzurri in 10' dall'8' per l'espulsione di Burdisso per fallo su Del Piero, ma avanti 2-0 nella ripresa con la doppietta di Cruz, replica bianconera nel finale con Del Piero e il partente Boumsong. Ritorno il 30 gennaio a Torino

more:
    http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/SerieA/Squadre/Inter/Primo_Piano/2008/01_Gennaio/23/int-juv.shtml

http://www.goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?contenutoid=558584

http://italiansoccerseriea.com/2008/01/23/results-quarterfinals-fc-inter--fc-juventus.aspx

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/intligen/startseite/artikel/374387
    (;))

21. cachundo

cachundo Marketa Davidova. Unicorn. World Champion

GO STANFORD!
    Feb 8, 2002
    Genesis 16:12...He shall be a wild ass among men
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    That was quite a game. A man up, then goes behind by 2 goals, only to score 2 goals at the end. What a way to finish the first leg. Those 2 away goals are massive.

22. JumpinJackFlash

JumpinJackFlash New Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Soviet Britannia
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kazakhstan
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Boumsong! LMAO.

Although the game had a lot of incidents, it was kind of a let down that so many players dropped out at the last few days, as well as the longer term injuries...I mean no Gigi, no Salihamidzic, no Chielini (to carry on the Ibra rivalry), no Camoranesi, etc... apart from the forwards its pretty much a reserve team. And Binter were without "him".

Anyways, I'll take the 2-2.
    [/FONT]

23. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes he did, he was completely at fault on the second goal.

The first goal was completely preventable as well. Bellardi should have came out of his box to grab it, instead he waits and then flails about like a fish out of water. Had that been Buffon it would have been an easy save.

But... I guess I'll take 2 away goals.

24. RichieZ16

RichieZ16 New Member

Aug 13, 2003
    Denver
    Hell, i'll take two road goals at intermerda any day of the week. Your right about Buffon, he would have seen that play develop in his sleep. He would have caught the ball before it got to cruz. What was with that floppy kinda save belardi tried to make? Comical. Even when he's not playing im at a loss 4 how lucky we are to have GiGi.

25. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Bellardi shares the blame on the first goal along with Birindelli. Birindelli was marking Cruz and decided to do a solo offside trap and let him slip behind him. For me, Cruz is Inter's best striker but both Birindelli and Boumsong made him look good yesterday. What the heck was Boumsong trying to accomplish with his sliding tackle? Both players failed miserably with playing simple, basic defense. Put your body on your marker.