Copa Sudamericana 2007 (r)

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by JAIME CHILE, Jul 19, 2007.

1. nopalnation

nopalnation Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    San Diego CA
    Club:
    CA Monarcas Morelia
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    He keeps it interesting...:D

2. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    When is the first leg of the finals?

3. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    No announcement yet. Word will come probably today or tomorrow.

4. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    Terrazas

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Cuenca: "Necesitaba una noche así"

More...

6. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    jaja :D

7. ElDivino

ElDivino Member

Nov 11, 2004
    They probably will. I cant belive River choked it. Now america is gonna choke it, i can already tell thier gonna underestimate Arsenal the way every other team has. The only thing that puts a doubt in my mind is the fact that Arsenal will close the final at home. All of thier great performances in this copa have been second leg victories as visitors, now its backwards and they have to get a result in the first leg. They cant rely on playing for that 0-0 crap. I just hope its a good final and the officiating does what its suppose too.

8. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    these are the facts that make me laugh and proves that mexican futbol league is equal to Honduras if you take out the South Americans..

Copa Sud 2005:

Pumas. Scored 14 goals total and the mexicans scored a WHOOPING 3 goals.

Copa Sud 2006

Pachuca: 21 goals total and the Mexican't scored a WHOOPING 5 goals.

Copa Sud 2007:

America: 11 goals total so far and guess how many Mexican't scored????????????????

fOOKING 2 GOALS.

And you have the nerve to talk sh1t? If it wasn't for the South americans you wouldn't be here talking crap. you'd be arguing with FC Haiti futbol fans. but to be far, I'll post what Cienciano did in their winning run.

Copa Sud 2003:

Cienciano scored 14 goals and the Peruvian players scored a WHOOPING 13 goals.

Mexican Clubs have money to buy what MEXICO as a whole have never had, have or able to produce. GOALS AND WINNING TROPHIES. and you call it Mexican futbol? Please..

9. fireEagleCuauhtemoc

fireEagleCuauhtemoc www.twitter.com/alonsobueno1

Jul 23, 2007
    chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

blah blah, always the same info wid u. your just jealouse:rolleyes: la la laaa,

10. fireEagleCuauhtemoc

Jul 23, 2007
    chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

hey how come boca didn't participate in this tournment? seriously

11. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    been there and done that.. we got bigger fish to fry. Are you trying to suggest what? Boca trophies cabinet is bigger than the entire mexican futbol clubs combine? or that you are really dissappointed we did not win yet "ANOTHER" trophy? Which one is it. Our next trophy is in japan. Let's see how your Pachuca handles A.C Milan. should be a laugh..

12. KesOne

KesOne BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    *2 Yellow Cards going at it always has potential*

13. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

Funny you mention it but do you think Plantini and Sep Blatter are corrupted to the core?

14. Ed-D

Ed-D Member

Spurs
    United States
    Jun 13, 2005
    NY
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll give Platini the benefit of the doubt. UEFA does not strike me as quite on FIFA's level of crookedness and corruption. Plus I don't think Platini needs the money. Blatter is an entirely different story.

15. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Seriously, they did participate. But nobody can win them all, not even Boca.

Still, Boca won two of the last four Sudamericanas, and this year they won the more important tournament, which is Copa Libertadores. And, they also have won more international cups than any other professional football club in the known universe.

Any more dumb questions?

16. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    it's club futbol you stupid piece of shit.

do people discredit boca's 00 and 01 titles because Oscar Córdoba was the goalie? how many saves did an argentine goalie make? 0? THEY MUST NOT BE GOOD.

most every club team in every league in the world plays with foreigners, that's how club football is played.

learn about the game and get over it you stupid twat.

17. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    cool off period
    will open before the next game!

I am tired of babysitting:mad:

18. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Quiere hacerse la America

Arsenal enfrenta a los mexicanos en la cancha de Racing con una ventaja muy cómoda de 3-2. Con la victoria en la ida y los tres goles como visitante tiene media Copa en el bolsillo. Seguí las acciones Minuto a Minuto.

More...

19. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    open for final comments

20. fireEagleCuauhtemoc

Jul 23, 2007
    chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    hoy, dos golazos de Cabanas, uno de Rodrigo Lopez...nos dara la victoria merecida, mi pronostico 3-1 favor america.

21. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    Vamos Arsenal
    The game will end in a draw IMO or a 1-0 or 2-1 win for America that won't be enough for them to win

22. fireEagleCuauhtemoc

Jul 23, 2007
    chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    esta noche, se va ah grandar el pocho insua, por estar jugando enfrente de su gente. va ser un partido no apto para cardiacos:rolleyes:

23. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    HAHAHHAHAHA. The only difference is that you don't see EuropeanS claiming it was all their doing. ITALY IS ITALY..GERMANY IS GERAMNY.. HOLLAND IS HOLLAND..SPAIN IS SPAIN and finally MEXICO WILL ALWAYS BE MEJICO.. Diaherria boy.

24. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    wow, this thread has officially gone nowhere

efer, looks like its just time to close it up again

25. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I was looking at the number of foreigners on each of the squads of the teams that will participate in the Club World Cup. ACMilan by far has the most foreigners with twelve, including six Brazilians.

Fans in Mexico have to understand that club tournaments are about Club pride, not about National pride. They were interviewing some Mexican fans on TV, and they were saying how this game was all about the Mexico vs Argentina rivalry. I was thinking, what the hell are they talking about?

I'm not sure if that is the way most Mexicans actually see it. But I know that Argentines don't look at it that way at all. Arsenal fans will support Arsenal, and possibly other people in Argentina will support them because of the fact that they are underdog. Because, really, Arsenal is so small that it has few rivals who hate them, other than in the south side of Buenos Aires.

Actually, support is not the right word. Probably to say that many fans will sympathize with Arsenal woud be a better word, but they don't really care much one way or the other. Some fans of Pocho Insua will probably sympathize with America. But I garantee that if it was River who had made it, a huge majority of Argentines other than River fans would strongly hope for their failure. And it's the same for Boca in the CWC, those who are not Boca fans are loving that Riquelme is not playing and would love to see us fail. Because as I said, it is about club, not country.

BTW, here is the number of foreign players at the CWC:

ACMilan (Italy) 12 foreigners
    Waitakere (New Zealand) 7 foreigners
    Pachuca (Mexico) 6 foreigners
    Etoile (Tunisia) 6 foreigners
    Boca (Argentina) 4 foreigners
    Sepahan (Iran) 4 foreigners
    Urawa (Japan) 3 foreigners