Copa Sudamericana 2005 [R]

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by efernandez9, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Hartfield

Hartfield Red Card

Jun 15, 2005
    Bogota D.C
    And you weren't wrong...6 goals that didn't show...

2. Hartfield

Hartfield Red Card

Jun 15, 2005
    Bogota D.C
    So a team who has a 26 undefeated games can't do well because the field is bad?

3. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
  4. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I had a feeling it was going to be a tie.

5. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Excuse me, but the pitch was the same for the two teams, and Nacional prides themself on playing the ball nicely and neat.... "toque-toque"....

3 balls in the posts when the game was 2-1 are the only reason that the hunchback eagles were able to be back on the game...

6. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    NO not my point. I'm suggesting that both teams would of looked crisper if the field was Azteca like. I saw a couple of guys lose the ball for no reason, that goes for both teams.

7. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    que suerte tienen!

como se salvaron.......el tecnico no es estratega! :eek:

8. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Morales es pata brava, lucha sin fin. El medio campo manejo ese partido.

9. ecuajhony

ecuajhony New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    Maryland-Laurel
    a vargas de boca siempre q juega es roja segura, que vaina!!!!

ahora parece q ya si se jodio

10. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
  11. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Results for September 22

Universidad Católica 3 (4) - (3) 2 DC United
    Universidad Católica advances and will play the winner of Fluminense-Banfield.

12. ecuajhony

ecuajhony New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    Maryland-Laurel
    recien prendi la tele, y vi un golazo de la Catolica de tiro libre

ivan perdiendo 2 a 0, que bestia!!!!!

al final la Catolica hizo un gol de cabeza y chao, emotivo partido en el q DC no aguanto la presion de la hinchada, eso se llama inexperiencia

an de ver estados cagandose los pantalones los del DC

13. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    yeah, great game. DC got a good lead but couldn't hold it. Catolica got back on track with the support of its hinchada singing all night long. Good experience for DC being their first ever appearance in the Sudamericana. they're learning and they'll come back stronger if they get invited again.

14. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    They were just taking spots away from CONMEBOL teams, damn, but they made católica suffer.

15. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    That ref was a piece of sh!t. DC outplayed UC and they know it. They should thank Jesus they're moving on. They won't last....

16. Hartfield

Hartfield Red Card

Jun 15, 2005
    Bogota D.C
    It was such a tactical mistake...never defend a score..that is a death trap

17. ecuajhony

ecuajhony New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    Maryland-Laurel
    oh man!!!!!!! why are u making excuses??

18. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Not making excuses....UC got outplayed by an MLS team.
    That ref was handing DC yellow cards like lunch

19. ecuajhony

ecuajhony New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    Maryland-Laurel
    DC lost their game, they never outplayed anybody

20. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Did you watch the game? UC hacked Gomez to death...they're lucky to move on. Whoever they play next will kill them. They got schooled on their own field..

21. Hartfield

Hartfield Red Card

Jun 15, 2005
    Bogota D.C
    I think UC thought that DC would be a walk in the park but they were wrong. But like I said they decided to defend the score and they couldnt do it

22. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    The little guy with the mustache and the yellow jersey helped....

23. eL-ShorTy

eL-ShorTy Member

Sep 18, 2005
    San Antonio
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This are the type of responds you will get if mls teams go in CL. :p Good Luck. :p

24. dmike

dmike Member

Jul 7, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The ref was kinda wack in that 2nd half. He was calling everything that was just retarded at times against DC. BUT DC missed a penalty and had TONS of opportunities inside the box to finish off Catolica. Overall MLS teams got to start somwhere and this was a good start for our mediocre league. My dream is to one day have crowds like those backing up our teams.

What needs to be addressed before MLS even touches any Cope Libertadores games is our schedule needs to be alined with the Latin league schedules. It makes no sense to throw a MLS teams into the wolves when our preseason is still months away. It will be a repeat of a bad team like Pumas blowing us out.

25. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I'm not a Catolica fan, but that game had me standing up constantly for most of the second half. I was about to get a heart attack during the first half.

Not only were they losing 2-0 (that goal by Gomez was beautiful, by the way) but where the hell was Catolica? Were they still celebrating independence day? Too many empanadas y chicha? I mean, what the hell... this just wasn't the same team I had seen this past month or so.

And then I realized the type of game DC had planned out. Excellent pressure in the middle right from the start, anticipating every ball and denying players like Conca or Perez from practicing the usual passing game. It almost made it seem like the extra days off the Catolica players had was working AGAINST them. They looked very out of place.

That penalty kick would've been the end. Alas, Tati was there. The guy has a good reputation for a reason... I was expecting the game to change from then onwards, but suddenly Gomez scores that impossible goal. Then, to me the game almost ended... the team was playing crap. DC United seemd to have things under control, and they were still getting clear chances.

But, for some reason, they decided to wait. Why do teams decide to wait when they are winning? I'll never get it... even more in hostile environment. I'll mark one for experience, because that was the only difference between Catolica and DC United tonight. That, and the crowd.

Anyways, good luck for United. Either one could've advanced... to me it almost seems like that away goal by Catolica had it all decided, and at the end, it seems like I was right. Now Catolica will have to play Banfield or Fluminenese and if they play them like they did today, then that will be their permanent stop.