Copa Sudamericana 2005 [R]

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by efernandez9, Jun 23, 2005.

1. peruytu

peruytu Member

Jan 19, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Re: Copa Sudamericana 2005

I highly doubt he would go to any other league more competitive than that of the chilean.
    I mean, lets be honest, Salas is no more the Salas of old... and he never will be. The sad thing is he's not even that old... if only his knee injuries and weight problems would go away, then i'm sure he'd be able to play in italy again. But we all know those things arent going to go away, ever.
    I personally see him back in la U de Chile. It would be great to see him go there and beat catolica so they can play against my team, la U. Besides, some Peruvians in my team got a little score to settle with Salas. :) Also, it would be la U vs. la U.
    On a side note, and please dont take this the wrong way, just an observation i've made. What is it with chileans athletes and weight problems? First it was Ronsenthal, great goal scorer and probably could've been bigger than Salas, and all of the sudden he became a manitee, gone, broken knees and fat. El Chino Rios... lost his number one ranking in tennis because he became a fat slob... again, I think knee injury, now lost, forever gone. Salas, great striker and like the other two, knee injuries for being a fat slob. I mean, I don't think degenerative knee disease runs in all chileans... it has to be their eating habbits. Could it be that chileans ingest Mayonaisse as if it was water? It just too much of a coincidence that so many chileans suffer from this.

2. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

I agree with you on the Salas thing... in my opinion, even though his level has improved a bit lately, he's not in condition to play at such a high level anymore. I see him having another injury any time soon if he tries to play more game per week or something of the sort. However, as a good mapuche blood runs through his veins, he's a stubborn guy and if he thinks he's still playing at that level he's probably not gonna go back to Chile anytime soon.

Now, on the other thing, I think there is a problem with chilean athletes in general. The whole obesity thing I think can happen to anyone :) To be honest, Rozenthal was always a studgy guy and people have always called him on that. I don't think that applies to most of our futbol players. However, we do get a lot of injuries... it seems we are permanently missing key players in our national team. You have the cases of Navia, Pinilla, Mark Gonzales, of course Salas... too many to count. Although physical conditioning in our players has improved, is not nearly at the level it should be. After only one year of playing in Scotland, Ronzenthal's career was finishing after a sliding tackle... which probably some other player could've overcome easily. We need to improve on the level of our preparadores fisicos and I'm glad I'm not the only one that notices this.

3. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

The whole "U vs U" thing got me thinking... when the argentineans narrate the game, if it happens, are they gonna call both teams the same?

"Se viene la U.... pero rapidamente la U recupera el balon."

That's gonna be a bit weird to watch.

... and what's the score Salas has to settle with some of the cremas?

4. peruytu

peruytu Member

Jan 19, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru

Well i'm sure the argies will call the chilean team "la U" because it's better than saying Universidad de Chile or just Universidad. On the other hand, with my team its easier for them to say Universitario.

"Se viene la U... pero rapidamente Universitario recupera el balon."

Also, I remember when Universitario played Racing in a Copa Libertadores not too long ago, when Racing was celebrating their 100th anniversary and they made this big deal out of this game because of it, especially since they thought they were gonna beat us easily... they thought wrong hehehe they celebrated their 100th anniversary with a tie :) at home with a full stadium. Anyways, during that game they were calling my team by "Universitario" and not "la U" So it would make sense for them to call the chilean team la U instead of ours.

As far as the Salas payback thing goes, well its not much of a Universtario vs. Salas, its more of a Peru vs. Salas .... you know, all those goals he scored against us for WC98.. and because of it Peru didn't make it. :(
    So, we have a score to settle with him. :)

5. danmarce

danmarce Member

May 8, 2004
    Quito, Ecuador

Copa Sudamericana, Liga tiene algo pendiente aquí...

De Ecuador:

1) Liga Deportiva Universitaria de Quito, para los amigos Liga o LDU (bueno volemos a intentarlo, nos quedamos en semifinales el año pasado).
    2) Club Deportivo El Nacional, nótese que no ‘Nacional’ (ese un buen club de Uruguay) sino ‘El Nacional’ (un buen club ecuatoriano) o simplemente 'El Nacho'.

No es por nada pero yo esperaba que el Saprissa (buen equipo) participe merecidamente como campeón de la CONCACAF, pero bueno... dinero es dinero.

Hay MUY buenos equipos este año, y otros que no tanto pero es mejor no hacer polémica.

This coup is more important each year, and had improved a lot…
    But, the name ‘Sudamericana’ (well, we lost a lot), is funny with North American teams playing it.

For River and Boca this is a good chance to save the year, and I glad to see Universidad Catolica, Universidad de Chile, Universitario de Deportes and Vélez Sarsfield!

For DC United, is a lifetime chance to prove that the US soccer can be competitive, for US fans is an opportunity so see good teams, and for sure this will be a little help for the MLS.

And for us a chance to prove, once again, that South American teams are *cough* better teams than … (don’t say)

Only time and games will say.

P.S.
    There are some teams with the words‘Universitario’, ‘Universidad’ or ‘Universitaria’, the history of each one of this team would be cool to read.

6. chaski

chaski Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 20, 2000
    redacted
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands

All teasm are decided, except for 2 from Bolivia.
    http://www.conmebol.com/comunicados_ver.jsp?id=57973&slangab=S

Argentina: Boca Juniors (último campeón), River Plate (1), Vélez Sarsfield (2), Estudiantes de La Plata (3), Rosario Central (4), Newell's Old Boys (5) y Banfield (6).
    Brasil: Santos FC (1), São Paulo FC (2), Cruzeiro (3), Corinthians (4), Goiás (5), Juventude (6), Internacional (7), Fluminense (8).
    Chile: Universidad Católica (1) y Universidad de Chile (2).
    Colombia: Atlético Nacional (1) y Deportivo Cali (2).
    Ecuador: Liga Deportiva Univesitaria de Quito (1) y El Nacional (2).
    Paraguay: Cerro Porteño (1), Guaraní (2).
    Perú: Alianza Atlético (1) y Universitario (2).
    Uruguay: Danubio (1) y Defensor Sporting (2)
    Venezuela: Mineros de Guayana (1) y Trujillanos FC (2)
    México: Pumas UNAM (1) y América (2). CONCACAF: DC United (Estados Unidos).

7. ferx203

ferx203 Member

Aug 18, 2004
    Chile

I remember that the original idea of Conmebol was create a "Copa Panamericana" with temas from Concacaf & Conmebol. In that case, is better change the name of the Cup.

8. Madskills

Madskills New Member

Jun 13, 2005

Is the cup going to be played in groups. :cool:

9. crema22

crema22 New Member

Aug 5, 2005
    texas

creo que seria bonito ver un partido entre la U de Peru y la U de Chile.Mas con salas el partido tomaria un aire al clasico del pacifico a nivel de clubes con el perdon de colocolo.
    La U tiene por prioridad el Clausura peruano ya que al final perdio el apertura ante cienciano en final muy disputada.Sin embargo creo que trataran de avanzar lo mas que se pueda en la copa nissan sudamericana.
    Las principales figuras de la U son flores,cuto guadalupe,bernales,tonelotto,Alva. Tonelotto ha sido considerado el mejor extranjero del apertura peruano y Alva el mejor jugador peruano del apaertura ambos son delanteros.

10. PERU CAMPEON !!

PERU CAMPEON !! Arriba Peru !!

Universitario de deportes
    Peru
    May 9, 2005
    MONUMENTAL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
    Si la U le gana a la u de chile , con quien le toca jugar despues? :confused: Seria bonito que juege con un equipo del MLS :D

11. peruytu

peruytu Member

Jan 19, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru

The winner of the Peru chile key will play DC United. (If la U (Peru) wins i'm going to DC to watch the game).

12. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

que hay para hoy?

times?

13. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

Dos partidasos:

1:00 am Diario Fox Sports
    5:00 pm Fox Sports Noticias - Primera Edicion
    6:00 pm Copa Sudamericana-The Strongest (BOL) v Bolivar (BOL)
    8:00 pm Copa Sudamericana - La Previa
    9:00 pm Copa Sudamericana-U. de Chile (CHI) v U. Catolica (CHI)
    Horarios del Este

Clasicos los dos... deberian ser jugados a muerte.

14. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

El juego de la U contra la Catolica no fue muy espectacular... aunque lo que no se vio en espectaculo se vio en entrega. Muy peliado en el medio campo durante todo el partido y chispasos de buen futbol por momentos, que se habrian espacios.

Ese fue el mayor problema... la falta de espacios. Se marcaban los dos equipos muy ferreamente y eso trababa mucho el juego. En el segundo tiempo cuando se abrieron un poco mas los espacios se vio mucho mejor la Catolica, el cual a mi parecer (por lo que se vio), es el mejor equipo de los dos. A la U le falta mas tiempo para encajar bien el juego que proponen... Figueroa no es lo mismo que Droguett por la dereche, y se extraño mucho a Ibarra (lesionado). En lo personal, futbolisticamente, me dejaron debiendo un poco los dos equipos. El campo de juego y el hecho de que era clasico no ayudo.. los clasicos en Chile siempre son mas peleados que jugados. De todos modos, mostraron cosas interesantes.

The Strongest vs Bolivar: Parecia jugar mucho mejor Bolivar en el primer tiempo, pero ese dominio los mato en el segundo cuando The Strongest se afianzo en contragolpes rapidos, a pelotazo largo tipicos del futbol boliviano. Cualquiera de los dos que salga de este par (aunque Bolivar mostro mucha mas experiencia) sera un rival complicado.

15. pach23xx

pach23xx New Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Miami, Fl

So does anyone know what the bracket looks like so far.

16. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

next month the whole thing will be clearer!

follow fox en espanol this week and get the feeling.... :D

17. Saltenya94

Saltenya94 Member

Jul 29, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    DC United

So far, I'm impressed with the play in the tournament. Hope it stays the same way.

18. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

I see Cali winning today at home, a one goal difference, which I think Nacional will turn around at home to win the series.

19. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

nope

I see a boring tie..... cali is too afraid to lose the coach and few names from the main squad...

then nacional 3-1 at medellin

20. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

amanecerá y veremos como dicen en mi pueblo, creo que a Nacional se le están acabando las pilas, o mejor: a chicho y ariztizabal.

21. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

al contrario, estan cargando pilas!

con todos esos nuevos, que apenas se acomodan a la nomina, edixon es dificil de reemplazar y aristi, parece que cuando quiere la mete (creo que juega infiltrado!) Chicho habla mucha mieerda pero rinde y le jode los partidos a los arbitros,, aunque ya todos estan cansados de el.

el portero tiene que ser saldarriaga.....

22. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

hoy ponen a Brecas.....hoy no ganan. 1 - 0 Cali (Rodallega :p), ganan en Medellín.

23. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

dude, it is Dep. Cali they're playing. It's like having 11 Brecas on the field vs 1 for Atl. Nacional!:D

24. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

we'll see.....just watch....:p

25. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Varias cosas del juego de anoche:

Contrario a lo que muchos esperaban Brecas tapo bien y la experiencia de Chicho y Aristi no se vio. Que berracos para alegar tanto y para ser tan rabones, definitivamente no entiendo la razon de ser de tanta bravuconada, los dos se fueron con roja directa por agresiones innecesarias, en jugadas intrascendentes.

Por otro lado, que ineptitud la de De La Pava, era para que hubiera goleado, pero por momentos el Nacional se apodero del balon y se vio mas peligroso con nueve hombres, increible:eek: . Y no se pa' que sigue poniendo a ese Carrillo, el man no tiene control y siempre le pega a las tribunas, asi se haga un par de buenas gambetas, nunca crea verdadero peligro.

Creo que Nacional esta sentenciado, 2-0 y sin sus lideres, no creo que tenga mucha oportunidad, aunque con el Cali tan timorato, nunca se sabe.