Copa Libertadores

Discussion in 'Ecuador - Clubs' started by Luigi408, Mar 18, 2014.

1. midfield.design

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    So when do they announce the next games, times and opponents? So happy LIGA made it through, hopefully this increases their confidence up another level. LIGA and Emelec are guarantee another 1,050,000 million for a home game in the round of 16. These games along with the Champions league have been the best time to be a soccer fan.

2. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    3 teams from Ecuador made the quarterfinals. First time in history. IDV and Liga can make some noise I think.

javer repped this.
  3. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    If BSC was in any other group I know they would have advanced as well unlucky for them tho.

IDV and Liga are def gonna make some noise. Round 16 draws will be announced tomorrow.

4. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    IDV and Liga can certainly make some noise, and to be honest, I'd match them up against anyone in the round of 16 even if it's Palmeiras, Santos or another heavy hitter. Get an early upset and you're sitting in a bracket that arguably gets easier...I'd hate to face Palmerias in the semis when they are firing on all cylinders.

Maybe even Delfin can be a gritty dark horse with the right seeding.

5. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    IDV got the easiest draw imo. Liga will have their work cut out for them against Santos. I don't see Delfin pulling off an upset against Palmeiras.

6. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    2-1 at home loss - Liga stumbled vs. Santos.

I think there's a decent amount of blame to COVID for losing a ton of guys, but admittedly, the second half was just flat. Santos defended with everything and managed to hold on, but Liga just didn't seem to have any ideas by the time the game closed out. Who do we get back for the next leg?

7. midfield.design

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Our midfield play was lacking and Caicedo was horrible and can't believe how his play has gotten worse throughout the years.

8. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Liga played well in the first half. Too bad they couldn’t score though. Didn’t watch the second half as much but the talent just wasn’t up to par. It’s pretty much over.

9. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I saw Aguirre come back - off the bench. That was encouraging, but by the time he entered the game, you can tell the rust is thick on the homie + Santos was defending with 10 players.