Copa Libertadores: All Games, Commentary, Results [R]

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by CHICO13, Nov 29, 2009.

1. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so blooming tied...wow...a little too late though..aaand im just going to assume it was 100% pure luck

2. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I am sure it will be a mixed bag, but alot of times our starters arent as good as our suplentes. Rudy cardozo should start, i am assuming valverde should get a chance, among other players.

But with how our team got flack for doing bad so far, maybe to save face they will bring out a 75percent starters... thats my guess.

3. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Our League is pretty much playing below level for sometime.the pace is getting too slow. i don't mind if our style is a slower paced ,more possessive futbol. but its becoming too slow. what bugs me is that there aren't as many quick players who like to quickly cut in offensively or have "gambeta" . There is no more effective triangulation of play in attack.players just simply try to bass back or across the field. the lack of pace probably has also hurt player stamina in the League.
    In what other league will a defender give the player about 1 min. to decide what type of flashy trick or pass the attacker is going to make. thats tooooo slow for me!!

As for the NT. That's a Jekyll and Hyde story. before the return game Vs. Venezuela, we had a good chance of getting the 5th spot.IMO the teams that didn't qualify really didn't deserve to and our level wasn't that much different than theirs. we share the same problems as Peru internally and Venezuela's level went up but that's all.

4. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Well said brother, there isnt FAST work up play.

5. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Game just started, glad to see Cardozo starting...

6. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    haha its over...1-0 SO FAR

7. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Not a bad game at all from bolivar. They actually started pressuring a nervous Alianza at one point, til' the end. They pressuered, and finally were playing that fast style we were looking for and asking for on here. I am especially happy with Iturralde and Rivero. They played VERY VERY good vs. Aguirre and stopped him and Fernandez on MANY occasions.

Its too sad that we didnt get to see this style of play sooner, although ALianza seemed to gas out, same goes with bolivar and the speed slowed down after the first half, as Alianza would run around wtih no direction just pressure.

Charles played good, he again is our strongest presence in the midfield, with his ability to earn fouls, beat defenders with his turns and quick movement. Lito Reyes plays actually good! He was distributing and trapping good in his position, same goes with Cardozo. He has a bright future, and plays fast and physical like needed right now in this libertadores. Our forwards were ok, Ferriera really needed to finish the chances he got, and Gonzaga.... he needs to go. Often he did 1 too many touches and would either dribble it out of bounds, or hold it too long and then pass it back wasting time.

Da Rosa and Torrico when they came in didnt do anything. Da Rosa dropped the level of play, and slowed it down too much, and started doing air passes instead of to the feet of players, which often ended in us losing the 50-50 for the balls, when had he passed it hard and fast on the ground it would have worked out better.

Both for me need to go. They are failiures like Escobar. I've had enough, I want Soria or someone else right now. This team has potential, but with escobar at the helm..... it isnt working. I rather see Rios up front with Ferriera for instance, and Valverde worked in the midfield.

8. Piffy187

Piffy187 Member

Jul 26, 2009
    FL
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Saw the game yesterday and bolivar actually played good i think, but it just wasnt enough. Gonzaga bad Ferreira bad Abdon Reyes the worst Leonel Reyes 50/50 Cardozo 50/50 Juarez bad the other guy who played also bad. Itturalde the best Rivero very good Flores good Arias good Da Silva very good. Didi, Rios, and Da Rosa not enough time for me to rate them properly. What were those black things hanging from their jerseys?

9. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    It was I Think something that had to do with a guy from Blooming, he passed away in the past days, some important figure to their club, a form of respect/rememberence.

Yea, I forgot about abdon. He really needs to get control of his body, he tries to do the dribbles he'd do in the eliminatorias but he cant anymore cause of his fat body, he loses the ball, because he over dribbles, and that may work in bolivia in the shape he is in, but not vs. the fast alianza team we played. His passes were off too. To think at one point he was connected with America of Mexico and Juventus of Italy (whcih I kind of dont believe lol).

10. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    better than usual from bolivar although dont forget alianza had a LOT of blown chances and there was this dude with yellow shoes that shitted on all of bolivar but his teammates couldnt finish when he layed it off for them...cardozo needs strenght..he plays hard and fast which is great but he needs to build on it..other than that it was good performance..i give them a B

11. alianza4life!

alianza4life! Member+

Feb 21, 2008
    hackensack,nj
    gud job bolvar si huvieran empesado asi huvieran tenido una mejor copa..lo ke veo ke le falta es velsosidad pero no son tan lentos como antes y necesitan un delantero k sepa definir...

12. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    He needs time, Cardozo is the future.

The guy you are thinking of is Aguirre, he is their star, and I wouldnt be surprised if english teams are looking at him, as he is everything that is popular in england right now. Black south american/central american, fast, strong, strong upperbody. He is disgusting though.....his speed, his touch, his ability to stop and start is crazy! Although he didnt have a particularly great game, beyond his setup play for fernandez, he is good. Iturralde stopped him many times though, that got me pretty happy. He is finally panning out to be the defender he was supposed to be when he got here.

Thanks! I konw, es algo triste, and i think its the fault of the DT, who played 'his players' over some of the younger, faster, stronger guys who we saw play yesterday. It took countless of failiures in the libertadores and in the league to see that the young guys deserved the shot. And yes, our forwards were not doing what they are supposed to do.... FINISH!

With that said, there is hope but bolivar need sto get 1 new forward instead of gonzaga, and for the time being throw in Rios who is fast, strong, young, tall. Da Rosa needs to go, Torrico too. We need a better midfielder, Chuma' would be ideal but I dont thin kthat will happen unless we can throw money at strongest so they cant refuse.

13. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Give Didi some time, I'm sure he can find his feet again.

14. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I love what the guy did, but for his sake, I think we need to sell him to another team or loan him out to a team he can get playing time, at a lower level, la paz fc form is what i want to see again from him.

15. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    AGREE fuego, I remember those sick games when he was just starting out against Argentina, Paraguay, and even against Mexico(his golazo). He also stopped gelling his hair, since then he hasn't been the same. That might have something to do with it.

16. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well bloomings libertadores run is over...in a HUGELY disappointing manner..but uhh im not surprised

17. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Couldnt catch the game. Did they play this week?? I guess I missed that lol.

Recap?

18. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    im watching the Bolivar Aurich game. bolivar is mostly controlling the game. but i fear that bolivar can't organize some good passing offensively when we have some many attackers in the aurich 18.

19. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    GOL de Bolivar! tiro de bala de Walter Flores 1-0 Bolivar

20. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    good win terrible overalll though

21. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yeah it was a good win. kind of bitter sweet. we'll at least we know they can play if they put some effort into it. Da rosa really changed the pace and got everyone involved. He needed to be like this since the first match.

Match results from this CL didn't really tell the truth about Bolivar,played possession, we just couldnt score and had some defensive problems from the beginning. At the end . our place was justified.

22. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    el nivel de abdon reyes a bajado mucho. si pudiera amagar como antes y jugar la banda para unos centros buenos.Bolivar seria mas fuerte. y Rios corre como cenicienta. tiene que estirar sus patas para ser mas rapido.

Good luck to Estudiantes and Alianza in the next stage, as i usually like teams from the group go far to prove the strength of the group in the first stage

23. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I wasnt able to watch the game, I will try to track down a torrent of the game, but I hear Aurich didnt play their first team, which explains the win.

And Abdon is half the player he was during the qualifiers, he is too fat, and can't do the runs he used to do because of his weight, and when playing good teamsi n the libertadores, they would shut him down.

0. Juan Áurich: Diego Morales; César Sánchez, Jhonny Lalopú, Jorge Araujo, Jersson Vásquez; Gianfranco Espejo (m.75, Miguel Cevasco), Juan Carlos La Rosa, Manuel Barreto (m.60, Gary Correa), William Chiroque (m.80, Fernando García); Franco Mendoza y Ysrael Zúñiga. Entrenador: Luis Fernando Suárez.

Edit: Yes, basically their second team.

24. AL#7

AL#7 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Australia
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Three of the players who played in La Paz are usual starters with the rest being reserve players...nonetheless wish you guys better next season as long as you don't cross paths with a perucho team...

Peace;)