Copa Libertadores 2017

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by SiempreCrema, Oct 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Para que Jorge Wilstermann te meta 6 (!!).... Mamita

2. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Deportivo Independiente Miraflores
    Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Roberto Humosquera the mastermind

3. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Or maybe its more that Penadoy really sucks and is in serious danger of going to the B in Uruguay. They couldn't even get out of their group last year. Basically, Penadoy dejó de existir.

C6ZQAlDWcAA8tcP.jpg-large.jpeg

4. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Good for Chapecoense. First-ever Libertadores match, with a win in Venezuela.

This team was built in a short period of time following the tragedy in November. It remains to be seen how cohesive this team is, but it's definitely a positive sign to debut in the Libertadores with a win.

5. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    What's up Libertadores? ;)

6. pipinogol

pipinogol Member+

May 20, 2016
    Club:
    Cary RailHawks U23
    I don't want to defend the cuervos and their non-existing pedigree for international competition (barring the miracle of 2014), but it was visibly that one team has already played like 10 games this year and the other 0. The second half showed a massive difference in speed between the two teams.

7. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Los cuervos se cayeron después que les metieron el segundo.

8. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The cuerBos were pathetic, but you need to give credit where its due. Flamengo played a perfect match.

And while yes, it has been hard for Argentine clubs given the disaster that is the AFA and having no local tournament to play, even Arsenal coached by Grondona's son was able to win in the Sudamericana, so its not like its impossible.

And if we're going to bash CASLA's pitiful record in the Libertadores, they are 33rd all-time, Flamengo is not much better, sitting in 30th, and in away this is much worse, considering Flamengo has the most fans in the world, plays in Rio, plays in the Maracana, and they also had one of the world's all-time greats in Zico for practically his whole career, yet could still only manage 1 Libertadores title in all this time. It wasn't like CASLA was playing a brazilian team with an international pedigree like Sao Paulo or even Gremio or Inter or Santos... So while sure they were at a disadvantage, they easily could have, and probably should have, lost by 6 or 7.

9. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Arsenal were playing Juan Aurich who have lost most of their players and reinforced with practically no one. They will be battling the drop this year. The Arsenal win was inevitable even without rhythm.

10. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    I'm not familiar with Juan Aurich's current roster, but I doubt it's anywhere as good as Flamengo currently is - had Arsenal been in Rio last night, it too would have most certainly lost.

Flamengo steamrolled CASLA and if Guerrero had performed, we might be well looking at a 5-0 result.

11. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Lake County, IL AKA Southern Wisconsin
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    anyone with any streams?

12. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lucho Gonzalez is tearing it up for Atletico Paranaense. He was so bad for River last season its kind of unbelievable he is doing this well in the Copa Libertadores.

Tonight, the future champions make their debut and lay down the marker for the rest of the teams in this copa

13. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Brazil is unbeaten after 9 matches in this Libertadores, as Atlético Paranaense defeats San Lorenzo 1-0 on the latter's ground. Hopefully Flamengo and Palmeiras will keep the streak going.

14. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Great marker left. Crying over a pitch.

I as well think the pitch is terrible but I've seen worse pitches in Buenos Aires and in the qualifiers that were given the 90 minutes, so I think its a bit unfair to call off the game.

15. dinamo_zagreb

dinamo_zagreb Member+

Jun 27, 2010
    San Jose, CA / Zagreb, Croatia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I watch a lot of football, but I have never seen game played in conditions like this. Disgrace.

16. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Before you quote me RiverGaucho, I just wanted to say I was joking earlier. Fair play to RiverPlate.

17. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    ¡Qué malo es el Bolso por dios! Que el Zulia les gane en su casa, terrible.

18. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sumando eso a la derrota de 6 goles que sufrio Peñarol la semana pasada contra Jorge Wilstermann, diria que el futbol Uruguayo esta dejando una imagen pesima en esta edicion de la copa hasta ahora

19. pipinogol

pipinogol Member+

May 20, 2016
    Club:
    Cary RailHawks U23
    Queda confirmado que los equipos argentinos de esta edición no son medida de nada... Nacional, Palmeiras, Flamengo venían de grandes partidos contra los mismos y hoy jugaron mal. Paranaense hoy ganó a SL pero había flaquedo contra Catolica de local...

River es el único que no es basura, pero tampoco es un desborde de futbol ni mucho menos.

20. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    River hoy generó bastante futbol con Nacho, Rojas, y Driussi, y con una cancha malísima. Para mi no podes poner a Palmeiras ni Flamengo por encima de River. River no solo tiene muy buenos jugadores, pero tiene la mentalidad para partidos complicados y sabe ganar esta copa, mientras Fla y Palmeiras últimamente ni se clasifican de sus grupos en la copa...

21. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    E imaginate q Nacional también le gano a Lanus..

22. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Santos vs The Strongest is an interesting matchup. If The Strongest win, I think it will be fair to say they are capable of going very far in the Copa.

I will be watching Santa Fe vs Cristal, and I am bracing myself for a 0-0. I hope Cristal smash them though, I can't stand Santa Fe.

23. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Penadoy really living up to their name, but I give the Tucumanos credit, brilliant team goal capped off with a Menendez header.

Brilliant support from Atletico as well, 3,000 of them in the "Estadio Campeon del Siglo" (LOL) and its a long way from Tucuman to Montevideo. There are no direct flights. You've gotta either fly to BsAs and then get a connection or take the boat across the River. Long and expensive trip. #Respek

24. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Fernando Gaibor is brilliant. He always has been but no one noticed him in the tricampeon Emelec team because there were so many other star players. Mena, Bolaños, Straqualursi. Now that all those are gone, its easier to notice his brilliance.

Anyways, I can't see Melgar winning today but I can assure that they will give River a game. I think they will lose but I wouldn't be surprised if they sneak a draw like Aurich in 2015. Melgar are unbeaten so far this season.

25. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Grande, Cato!! Sacando la cara por Chile.

Iquique hizo lo propio con Gremio, en la medida de lo posible.

Saludos.