Copa Libertadores 2014

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by nanoGVSP, Feb 11, 2014.

1. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    0-2 We got a problem, to boot Villegas takes Reynoso out to bring a mid....screw up!

2. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    You jinxed it!

3. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    Yup i agree...i think the only hope now is to try the penalties lottery!

4. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
  5. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    Penalties 4-2. The strongest lost.

6. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    TOUGH luck!!

It was good to see 2 Bolivian squads make it this far....Strongest come very close and lose only in Penalties.

A shocker truthfully. Strongest was many folks' pick to go to the next round. Either way, it's nice that they got to see the final 16 after 20 years was it?

I guess Bolivar is now the lone Bolivian squad representing our country....time to represent vs. Lanus!

7. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    It was a good effort, but no luck. In the end I think Villegas could, should have been less defensive. When Strongest was down by two they played far better than when it was still tied, if Strongest would have played with just a bit more of confidence they could have scored. Penalty kicks are a crap shoot, it could have went our way.
    Some positive things to take away are The fact that Chumacero seems to have gained back his old form, this was his best game since coming back IMO. Castro looks like a guy with a future; Strongest might be back in Libertadores next year, if they are able to keep the core of this team with a couple of good players added they could do even better than this year. All that depends also on Escobar coming back.

8. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    I agree. I attribute this to Villegas. And i like the guy. He is the best bolivian coach imo. Just made the wrong calls this time!

9. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Chumacero was getting nothing but props from the announcers.

Strongest should have had at least 1 goal...unlucky but it happens. Castro did look good.

10. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Yeah I agree. Defensor is not an intimidating or overly talented team and their home stadium and atmosphere really didn't factor against Strongest. Villegas was a bit too conservative. That being said penalties are a toss up and they got this far with limited talent so the team should feel proud.

Keeping Escobar will be huge. Without him this team is just not the same. Maybe they can offer him a nice raise with their winnings. Other than that, good campaign, and time for them to focus on topping Baldi and San Jose in the liga.

11. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Lol, 2-0 is very deceiving... They should've gone all out at least for the first 15 mins to try to get a quick goal

dreyx2000 repped this.
  12. MADPUPPY

MADPUPPY Member

Apr 4, 2000
    I would have started defensively as well, and gone more aggressive as signs of wear would show. We stayed in our shell on counters we should have been more aggresive with.

Strongesta showed well in this tourny, and will hopefully have the confidence to get just as far, or farther, next go round.

13. dsauna

dsauna Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    depression is finally over i can now talk. :(

We didn't deserve to go like this. I can't believe how many clear chances we missed. I like Cristaldo in La Paz, but he sucks as a lateral. His penalty kick was ridiculous.

I will for sure keep the last 20 minutes. Seems like Chuma is back! is the only consolation I have. Castro is a great player also, needs more exposure. Reynoso knows how to attack but not how to defend. I was really scared to see Lopez there, I was surprised how well he did.

Anyways time to get drunk.

14. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    #264 Eber1990, Apr 30, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
    I understand the defensive mindset on away games, but the team they play against is not that good, they could've risked a little more...also it was pretty much playing in a neutral stadium with only what 5k-7k fans tops...

Cristaldo is good, but Villegas made a stupid decision to have him play there... You cant be improvising a position on a game like this! (yes, horrible PK shooter tho)

Reinoso sucks balls! I understand anyone can miss a shot but he missed three clear opportunities with pretty much no one but the keeper on all three...

nanoGVSP repped this.
  15. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Bolivar is the only Bolivian left standing. They go to Argentina first against a Lanus team that is not one of the big names in South America, but are playing great. If anyone thinks this will be easy, forget about it. It's gonna be a dogfight, I just hope we come out on top. The key IMO is to score one at least and not allow more than two in Argentina, I read somewhere that there'll be over 5 thousand Bolivar supporters in there. Once in La Paz use home to our advantage. Hoping for a great game from Bolivar, it's games like this when you see the coaching take over the team. Having Azkargorta there gives me comfort.

Eber1990 repped this.
  16. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    http://www.iffhs.de/cwr-april-2014/ Lanus was ranked 4th in the latest IFFHS
    World Club Rankings.

17. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    There's going to be 10,000 bolivar fans! and the tickets sold out the same day. I'm hoping for a win , that's crazy talk i know...

sergtp and dreyx2000 repped this.
  18. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Idk why but I feel good about tomorrow's game, this Libertadores it's the best I seen Bolivar play away games! :cool:

19. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    #269 nanoGVSP, May 8, 2014
    Last edited: May 8, 2014
    That stadium looks like Bolivar is the home team!!!!!
    Feels soooo good to see this. Let's hope the players are up to it and get some points.
    On a side note I can't stand Guillermo Schelotto. I can remember like yesterday on that copa sudamericana final he was on the floor all the time milking the clock. An added incentive to beat them in my book.

dreyx2000 repped this.
  20. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
  21. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    1-1! Ferreira!

22. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    What a shot, coño!!!!

dreyx2000 repped this.
  23. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    I screamed that goal so loud that my mom thought something had happened to me lol

Dustyvinyl repped this.
  24. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I am losing my voice right now...wow... I can't believe it.

That goal was out of this world. Eat your heart out, Europe!!!

Now we go to La Paz with a win at home and we go to the next round to the final 4 best teams in South America....in shock right now.

Dustyvinyl and dreyx2000 repped this.
  25. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    We still have to play in La Paz. Good thing is they have to try to score!

nanoGVSP repped this.