Copa Libertadores 2014

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by nanoGVSP, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    The sky's celeste for a reason tomorrow, Puppy ;)

2. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    #227 Dustyvinyl, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
    The drama here is that some posters do not realize the work that Bolivar has done in the last 2 weeks only to disparage us when we achieve going to the next round. In the last 2 weeks, Bolivar has faced Wilstermann, traveled to Mexico to get a win, traveled back, played a clasico in which the rival did not want to reschedule, then finished off playing in La Paz. For a squad to play 4 competitive games in 10 days is impressive and something to notice. I know in europe they play up to 3 games in 7 days.

And considering todays chelsea v atl madrid game , this game was way better and I hope madrid gets to the final.

You must not watch much of Neymar then if this is the new level . this game was very physical , as much as players for both teams were flopping , they were playing hard . These were mind games. Leon did after they scored but you only call out Bolivar for apparently disappointing you. You want to be disappointed? You should see how chelsea handled their game in Champions League today.
    I do agree with you on the subs. I was expecting Cardozo and Pedriel.

I was more let down with us not getting the win in the first game in the octavos. In this game i expected exactly what happened. We could have lost but we won and thats what matters.
    Yecerotte should have really tap it in instead of going for that low cross

Ferriera gets man of the match but fox deportes cuts the mic? Wtf

Viva Bolivar carajo!,!

Eber1990, Bolivianfuego and dreyx2000 repped this.
  3. MADPUPPY

MADPUPPY Member

Apr 4, 2000
    Chelsea has a bench team worth more then Leon and Bolivar combined. They can handle multiple games in a short time.

Hopefully Bolivar gets some needed rest and represents well.

Dustyvinyl repped this.
  4. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea--Fox Deportes is crap. I miss the days of Fox Sports en Espanol. The mexican team from LA screws up libertadores all the time, don't know player names, backgrounds, etc. I preferred the argie feed back in the day cause they knew about teams, history, and all of that.

Dustyvinyl and sergtp repped this.
  5. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    WE ARE IN THE QUARTER FINALS BITCHES!

im getting hammered come weekend.

Dustyvinyl and dreyx2000 repped this.
  6. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ^^ lol. I have to wait til the weekend too!

7. dsauna

dsauna Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I'll wait not until this weekend, but the next one ;)

Dustyvinyl repped this.
  8. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    Its halftime and Lanús is beating Santos in México 1-0. The Aggregate is 1-3 and Both have the same number of away goals, so Santos needs 2 goals to go to penalties/overtime (i dunno which in Libertadores), and 3 goals to qualify directly. And all in 45 mins. Not likely. Let's get ready for Bolivar to win in Argentina!

9. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Lanus is a tough team--but I like our chances of going to Argentina FIRST and taking them on at home in La Paz.

10. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Schelotto's Lanus is up 4-1, looks like Bolivar will be going to Argentina.

11. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    We gonna have a tough opponent with Lanus, they played great today. however I think it was better for us than Santos for three reasons. 1. We play in Argentina first and close it down in La Paz. 2. We don't have to travel 20 hours to get to Mexico. And most importantly 3. There is no one that fears La Paz more than Argentinians (Santos would've been used to it like Leon was).

It will still be a tall order, but we've shown that we can do damage away, let's hope Azkargota can keep his invicto going :cool:

dreyx2000 repped this.
  12. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Bolivar vs Lanus in quarter finals.

Let's not forget, however, that Argentina has always been the toughest terrain to play on for any bolivian club. As a matter of fact, I don't think a Bolivian team has ever gotten any points out of Argentina.

13. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    With this team--anything is possible.

sergtp repped this.
  14. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Agreed, this is a very talented team. The good thing is Bolivar goes to Argentina first, then closes it in La Paz. If they can come back with no more than a 2-1 loss I like our chances. However Lanus will be much tougher than Leon, they like all Argentinian teams will try to play fast and score as many as possible to then come to La Paz.

16. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I did see that, looks crazy, don't know what to make of it.

17. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Its crazy and im not sure if its been debunked yet. But I have heard that there have been tortures held at the stadium during a dictatorship in the past and also that the stadium was built upon an old cemetery. An older family member also told me that when the stadium is empty, you can hear noises in different parts of stadium inclidng the preference section where there is individual seating.

MADPUPPY repped this.
  18. MADPUPPY

MADPUPPY Member

Apr 4, 2000
    HOLY $#!÷

19. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I hear the ghosts only show up during The Strongest games, cuz they they feel bad the stadium is never full... :p

Dustyvinyl and dreyx2000 repped this.
  20. dsauna

dsauna Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Huge game today. It can mark the history of el tigre. I think the chances to make it are huge. I don't mind if we play like crap this game as long as we make it though.

Interesting note. Each team that makes it to quarter final get 650k. I think with the extra 1.4m they already received, it will be very hard for other Bolivian teams to compete with salaries. I think some eyes will be in our players, but the trust in Bolivian futbol is not there yet.

sergtp repped this.
  21. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Very big game. Strongest never play pretty it's always more effort than skill. I think we'll see more of the same tonight, these guys are gonna run like crazy. I hope Strongest can score one in the first half, that would put Defansor in a very tough position, they would need to attack leaving the back exposed for counters. Let's go baby!!
    About our players leaving to better teams because of their good performance in La Libertadores, I hope some Bolivian players get their shot , from both Bolivar and Strongest..

dsauna repped this.
  22. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    agreed, scoring a goal is key for the strongest, cuz Defensor would have to score 4 goals to go through... 2 goals advantage can go away quick!

dreyx2000 repped this.
  23. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    So far the Strongest is holding up well!

24. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    True, I think so far Strongest had the two clearest chances. Defensor is dominating possession, but no clear chances. Strongest needs to keep up the pace, the weather is also a factor. Hope they are able to hold the off, and if Strongest scores it'll be a good security blanket.