Copa Libertadores 2012 [R]

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by JAIME CHILE, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Bostero818

Bostero818 Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Group 7 definitely
    All strong teams

2. Bostero818

Bostero818 Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    As Promised: I don;'t keep up with every league I am just basing it off team history and what not. Give your opinions. I want discussion.
    Group 1
    Santos & Inter
    Group 2
    Olimpia & Flamengo
    Group 3
    U. Catolica & Bolivar confused about this one??
    Group 4
    Boca Juniors & Fluminense
    Group 5
    Libertad & Nacional(URU)
    Group 6
    Corinthians & Nacional(PAR) Also confused about the second team ????
    Group 7
    Velez & Chivas
    Group 8
    Peñarol & Godoy Cruz

3. tavoludo

tavoludo Member

Jan 24, 2007
    Huntsville, AL
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Mexican teams success will depend in how serious they take the tournament. Chivas will treat it as priority but I dont think they have enough talent in their team, Tigres has a very good team but a very assholish couch so i wouldnt be surprised if he plays this touney with reserves: if that happens, they wont make it to the group stage. Cruz azul is the team I see with the better chance to go further, they have a good experince team with hunger to win a trophy, no matter where.
    Predictions:
    Chivas: Lose in 2nd round
    Tigres: If playing with starters: quarters; if reserves: ousted by UE
    Cruz Azul- semis

4. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    You should look up the statistics achieved by Universidad de Chile in 2011.

5. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    My predictions:

1: Santos(BRA) and Internacional(BRA)
    2: Flamengo(BRA) and Olimpia(PAR)
    3: Tigres(MEX) and Univ.Católica(CHI)
    4: Boca Juniors(ARG) and Fluminense(BRA)
    5: Vasco da Gama(BRA) and Nacional(URU)
    6: Cruz Azul(MEX) and Corinthians(BRA)
    7: Velez Sarsfield(ARG) and Guadalajara(MEX)
    8: Universidad de Chile(CHI) and Peñarol(URU)

6. tavoludo

tavoludo Member

Jan 24, 2007
    Huntsville, AL
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Group 8 is the death group imo. Univ catolica y Atl Nac will come out if that one

7. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ya whats the deal with this? I heard tigres is going to use reserves and cruz azul won't make semis lol.

8. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    But they sold Vargas and Rojas during the winter break. :mad:

9. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    La U finally has something to cheer about, supposedly we are 90% sure with the signing of Morante of Emelec for 2 million dolars for 90% of his pass, one of the top two defenders in Ecuador and NT player. This would more than replace Rojas and would potentially be better, he is also 1,88! So we gain in height and danger in dead ball situations. So that is defence patched and fixed... great surprise move for la U if it works out.

Up front there is no way to replace Vargas as there is no one like him in America that we could afford. But as long as we patch up the defence I can rest a bit easier...

Apart from that we have also aded depth in the bench. We got back Morales on loan from Dinamo Zagreb, who could add something with his freekick abilities. From the local league we have Cereceda as a backup for Mena and brazilian/chilean Junior Fernandez who IMO is a future Chilean NT material. If people thought Vargas was fast, they should check out this kid. I think he will surprise many. There are also rumours we might get Emilio Hernandez back from Arg Juniors... not sure if he has improved or not in Argentina but if he is back I guess not so much. Still, benches are important in long cups like Copa Libertadores, so they are all welcome.

10. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Now you must replace Marcos González (he's gone to Flamengo).
    Also, Gustavo Canales could go to China and Matías Rodríguez to Portugal.

11. zasal911

zasal911 Member

Sep 1, 2000
    se desarmaron.....

but media reports say they have a shot at landing both Iturbe and Pinilla....thats an incredibly skilled duo right there

12. tavoludo

tavoludo Member

Jan 24, 2007
    Huntsville, AL
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Yup, its been confirmed that tigres will be using reserves to play libertadores. What a huge mediocre pieces of doodoo. I hope UE beats the crap out of them in Chile.
    As for Cruz azul, I think they have a good chance to make it. They have a good team, they play at Mexico DF, they have plenty of player to juggle during both tournaments and very important, they are a big club in Mexico that hasnt won shit in ages, so they are hungry for something.

Its kind of sad to see lots of south american power houses being disarmed right before the start of the tournament. I guess it happens every year

13. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    I call BS. Best case scenario we will get a loan for Olivera.

14. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If I recall correctly, Matias Rodríguez is wanted by Racing too.

D'Alessandro may be heading to China too.:eek:

15. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    What's with this sudden burst of Chinese interest in S.American players? It's like the floodgates of cash have opened for Chinese clubs... so much for communism.

Apparently La U rejected a Chinese offer for Canales as they considered it insufficient. Canales will stay at the club for one more year. :)

As for Rodríguez... I would understand a move to Benfica, but at this moment in time, moving to San Lorenzo or Racing would be a step down from La U... he's got better exposure here as we are playing all international tournaments and another good season could see him in Europe.

16. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ya tigres using reserves is a huge let down , i even watch the mexican lg but still cant understand why any team would half ass it in the libertadores especially considering the fact it may be embarrassing.

17. fero

fero Member

Oct 31, 2011
    Argentina
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    the 16 games between January-July of Copa Libertadores must be hard to a mexican team with 23 dates of the national championsip in the same time, also the MFM move his date to stay okey with Concacaf competitions, I guess they not help the timing of mexicans in "some Conmebol competition"

18. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I heard La U was going for Pablo Zeballos, me personally as an Olimpia fan I wanna keep him at least until after the Libertadores. :eek:

19. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    That would be massive news if it was true. So far our president has said we will make no further purchases, but we still have 1 slot left for an international and there are rumours the final signing will be presented as a surprise in the 'Noche Azul' party. I would love it Zeballos joins us...

20. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The storyline that interests me most about the libertadores qualifying round is ronaldhinos battles with the flamengo administration and how the manager luxemburgo appears to have lost the team. Ronaldhinos been missing training for diarhea and also one time for saying he couldn't sleep at night.

21. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So, the best sports tournament in the world is about to start again, in about twenty more minutes. And Boca is back in it!!!

Life is good.

22. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  23. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Arsenal draws first blood at home.

24. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    ASF, hasn't the Libertadores forum been rather civil over the years? Relatively speaking that is. I've seen bad troll-like behavior, but generally not when we dealt w/ the Libertadores.

25. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Two of the weakest teams (on paper) open the prelim round.

Arsenal

-------------Campestrini------------
    Gonzalez----Lichi----Pichon----Perez
    Carbonero--Marcone---Nico----Caffa
    ---------Cordoba---Zelaya----------

Banca: Orcellet; Nervo, Trombetta; Mosca, Gato; Diegui, Blanco.

Goal at 21' - Cordoba, assist Carbonero. Right side of Arsenal a lot stronger so far.