Copa Libertadores 2011: The Final (R)

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by MetroChile, Jun 8, 2011.

1. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No one said that... Just sore losers...

I think that a duel is a man fight while stabbing someone from behind is a cowards way....

Did someone say something about poor Neymar? Not me
    Did he shrink? Not certainly, he was still running circles around Penarol defenders in the 93rd minute..
    Did Penarol defenders came to say "Hey kiddo great game" after the end of the game? No, instead they threw punches from behind him, pulled his hair and chase him around the field...

We do not see two different sports, you just refuse to acknowledge bad behaviour by your team.

I do not recall who said this but I am sure that it was an uruguayan (although I think it was either Forlan senior or some famous comentator):

"Garra charrua is not hacking your opponent with hard fouls and getting him injured and out of the game for life; no, is giving 110% and not assuming that anything is lost until the game has ended."

We saw the latest kind of garra charrua in las WC and during the last 10 or 15 minutes last night; we saw the sore losers that do not respect a superior oponent after the end of last night's game. I respect uruguayan teams because they never give up.. but I also extremely dislike how a game of skill and finess can be transformed in a wrestling match according to their convenience..

Or if you prefer to read it from other poster:

2. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

thats ridiculous. Fair play has nothing to do with that. Nor is Havelange to blame for that to help Brazilians :rolleyes:

if anything, you can say brazilian sides got much more physical since the times of Havelange, not the opposite.

also, you blame Brazilians, but what Uruguayans do, NO european team would do.

you take those physical european teams... like Scotland, England, Norway, Denmark, etc... you do a "tunel" or "cano" against them and THEY ACCEPT IT!!

its just in South America that we have this macho man notion that we will "clean" our honor by behaving like savages and letting temper take over, going for such brawls

lets not forget that in the 60s and 70s, plenty of european teams would NOT come to play the Intercontinental Cup in South America because of the behavior of fans and players.

3. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    yes, a mixture of football and UFC.

I suppose our players should start training with brazilians like Anderson Silva and Lyoto Machida everytime they go facing a team from Uruguay :D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_7uezGfzz4"]YouTube - ‪Lyoto Machida vs Anderson Silva vs Karate kid front kick..MMA‬‏[/ame]

;)

4. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
  5. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Sería bonito que la final terminará con "caballerosidad", como los ejemplos de la Champs. League.

Lo triste es que decir eso para algunos es sinónimo de falta de virilidad: es decir saber perder/ganar sin insultar/pelear/atacar al rival significa una falta de hombría.

En fin...

6. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I have no doubt that the Brazilians started the incidents after the match. To me the brazucas are the biggest hypocrites in the game: supposedly humble when they lose, but arrogant tw@ts when they win.

7. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    A cinderella team makes it all the way to the final; If they win is a great story, if the lose they will try to kill their rivals.

yes you did

what the hell are you talking about?

who the hell mentioned "poor Neymar"? I told you how we see the game of football, i dont know what you're reading bud

which behavior are you talking about now? after the game? I already acknowledged in a previous post Peñarol's portion of guilt in what happened after the game. read man, read

I agree with that.
    Now this is when you tell me how many Santos' players had to leave the game due to injuries caused by Peñarol players...

does Alejandro Gonzalez' name ring a bell? (not whining about it btw, it happens)

As I said before respect is earned not given,
    and last night's fight had nothing to do with the Santos players, look at the video, they were mostly going after the "fans" or security people and I said mostly because it was a melee and when that happens they're just reacting to whatever is happening around you and survival instinct takes over.
    And I'm not saying, again, that Peñarol's players were not guilty.(but you and the rest will ignore this, again)

This is what I'm talking about
    Football is a game of much more than skill and fitness, like any other sport, it's will power, it's character, it's upmanship, it's intimidation, it's war, and a lot more than that, man

but you can keep drinking the coolaid if you want, and keep admiring and believing "the jogo bonito" crap, me on the other hand feel like throwing up when I see it

and I really dont have the time to answer everyone of you, nor want to, I told you how I see football, and I didnt ask nor need your approval
    it's right there, simple enough to read, just dont try to put words in my mouth

over and out

8. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    un decoroso punado de fair play!!!

no creo otros urguayos piensen igual o parecido:eek:

the shaking hand 'part' certainly did not came up last nite

10. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I

:rolleyes:
    I posted a video. Unless you want to disagree with a video!

you can see that Santos guy, who DOES NOT attacks the peñarol player (only says something to him), is chased by all Peñarol players. It HIM they wanted.

If Santos fans had attacked Peñarol players, they wouldnt be chasing after the Santos fan who only said something.

11. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    there is no DOUBT, because there is a video, that a brazilian SAID something to a Peñarol player. Even if it was a nasty thing, and the guy who said it was an idiot and a TERRIBLY BAD WINNER, only in a twisted mind can someone think a massive brawl should be started because of what someone said.

12. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  13. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
  14. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yes, but in the Champions League they didn't allow any stranger into the pitch which seems was the case with some Santos supporters that were on the tunnel, for what they said on FOX Sports there were about 50.

15. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    para llegar a esa "caballerosidad" artificial se necesita organizacion
    en las canchas europeas nadie pisa la cancha sin que le caigan 5 "roperos" de seguridad encima

no se donde leiste la otra bobada que escribiste, pero yo no la vi en ninguna declaracion de la gente de Peñarol, o sera una apreciacion personal tuya y de muchos en este foro? o sera una manera de perpetuar el mito?

[​IMG]

ahi lo vemos al pobrecito de Neymar "ayudando" a un jugador de Peñarol a levantarse
    como? surprised?

http://www.ovaciondigital.com.uy/11...ibertadores/video-incidentes-tras-el-partido/

16. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Hence why I said people from both teams were at fault.

Someone explain that to mentally challenged guria's ass: the violence was caused/generated whatever you wanna call it by one guy but it takes two to tango.

Cheers and godspeed. :cool:

17. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Settle down buddy. I'm not able to view that video in the United States anyway because of copyright issues, yet I'm not going to disagree with you.

Realize that when I posted that comment it was almost immediately as the melee was unfolding. Okay?

Regardless of who was at fault, the security at the stadium failed.
    The reaction of the Peñarol players was disappointing and the escalation brought forth by the Santos players who participated in the chaos was deplorable.

18. tavoludo

tavoludo Member

Jan 24, 2007
    Huntsville, AL
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Bottom line is that something needs to be done about Brazilian stadiums. Last year Chivas lost after which a brawl was started for the same reason as yesterdays game (fans mocking or attacking players). back then everyone was saying chivas was a sore loser. I hope now everyone sees where the real problem is.

19. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Not what happened. Chivas players attacked Inter's players thanks to Reynoso's antics.

Saying Brazilian are the cause is like me saying Chivas is the cause because I can also bring up the Chivas-Boca brawl.

20. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    To be fair, Reynoso is the same d!ck that spat/snorted shit at an Everton player in the 2009 Libertadores. I would not be surprised if he started last year's brawl, as well.

21. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Reynoso "coughed" all over the Everton player as if he had the swine flu, which stopped Mexican participation that year.

Earlier in the Inter game, he had punched Rafael Sobis several teams on the back.

22. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    That Reynoso guy must be a RACIST...

23. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    shouldn't we be discussing the greatness of Santos and Neymar and not what makes certain teams and people sore losers?

24. Broncano

Broncano Moderator

Jul 31, 2006
    Lima
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    fyp

25. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He may have entered his name in the history books of the Libertadores, but I'd like to see him do the same on the international level at the Copa America. This will be his first official international tournament with the national team, so now is a good time to show his greatness along with Ganso.