Copa Libertadores 2009 - grp stage part 2 [R]

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by Century's Best, Apr 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Then i can bring again the example of Internacional against Barcelona in 2006... The money thing may make things easier, but in the end of the day it's all in the pitch, fortunately.

2. Dominican Lou

Dominican Lou Member+

Nov 27, 2004
    1936 Catalonia
    If by "compete" you mean completely bunker down and hope and pray to score on a counter then yes, you're right.

I think a lot of you guys are confusing style and pride with money. This is all about MONEY. They have tons of it, we don't.

I'm a firm believer that the South American style is the best one. Some dude before me was saying how he proud he was that South American teams have a lot of young talent. I agree, but what do we do with that young talent? Do we let it develop here so we can enjoy the fruits of it? No, we sell them off when they're 20, they spend their best years abroad and we get them back when they're 32 and all worn out.

ASF hit it right on the head. The top European clubs extract the best talent from the rest of the world so clearly they have to have the best teams. And since it's these super teams that win the Champion's League every year, it's not a fair fight when it comes time to face off against the Libertadores champ.

Sometimes I think what a team like Santos would look like now if they could afford to keep Robinho, Diego, Elano, Alex and Gomes. They'd wreck all, or at least most, European superpowers. Boca with Tevez, Gago and Banega and River with Mascherano, D'Alessandro and Aimar. But that's all a pipedream.

I'm not saying we should stop competing and I'm not saying we should stop rooting for the Libertadores champ (which I'm sure most of us do), I'm just saying that we shouldn't make a big deal out of it because the talent level is completely lopsided.

3. FARFAN 17

FARFAN 17 Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Back in NJ :(
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    All I'm saying is bring back the old Intercontinental.

Screw the African, Asian, and Concacaf teams. :cool:

4. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    http://www.cooperativa.cl/plantel-d...e-caracas/prontus_nots/2009-04-13/203913.html
    13/04/2009
    Plantel de Everton criticó el pésimo estado del Estadio Olímpico de Caracas

El técnico Nelson Acosta calificó al terreno de juego como “de barrio”.

En tanto, Gustavo Dalsasso se quejó por la excesiva cantidad de piedras presentes en el césped.:eek:

El plantel de Everton realizó este lunes el reconocimiento del Estadio Olímpico UCV, donde enfrentará este martes a Caracas FC por el Grupo 6 de Copa Libertadores, y se quejó por el pésimo estado del campo de juego, el cual fue calificado como de "barrio".

"Es un desastre y una vergüenza, en los años que llevo dirigiendo nunca vi una cancha tan mala, es de barrio, esto es tierra y piedras. Tanto que se habla de cuidar el espectáculo y lo fundamental para jugar bien es una cancha con condiciones, hasta su propio técnico se quejó", expresó Nelson Acosta al enviado especial de Al Aire Libre en Cooperativa, Roberto López.

El entrenador ruletero centró sus dardos en la Conmebol, ya que el organismo que rige el fútbol sudamericano debería preocuparse de los recintos deportivos, más que de aspectos externos al juego.

"La Confederación Sudamericana debería preocuparse de que las canchas este en condiciones, se preocupan de los auspiciadores, de la plata y no que los recintos estén en condiciones", disparó el técnico.

Por su parte, el portero Gustavo Dalsasso se mostró preocupado porque las notorias imperfecciones del césped pueden afectar la trayectoria del balón, lo que puede ser aprovechado por la escuadra local.

"Está blando, hay piedras, hay muchos hoyos, la pelota es liviana, por lo que me imagino que disparan de media distancia y a ras de piso, para que el balón dé un pique malo y me complique, por lo que los defensores deben estar atentos al rebote que pueda dar", explicó el arquero.

Everton y Caracas FC se verán las caras este martes por el Grupo 6 de Copa Libertadores, a partir de las 20:15 horas (00:15 GMT) en el Estadio Olímpico UCV.
    ------------------------
    Fotos del pésimo estado de la cancha del estadio "olímpico" de Caracas:
    http://www.cooperativa.cl/prontus_nots/site/edic/base/port/deportes.html

Es lo más parecido que he visto a la cancha del estadio Regional de Antofagasta, o al Municipal de San Felipe, las 2 peores canchas de 2da división chilena.

5. gethomas3

gethomas3 Red Card

Aug 3, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Bueno, veo que todavian tiene la confiancia para ganar esta vara. Eso se ve muy bien.

Muchos han dicho esto y el otro y esta bien. La unica pregunta ahora es...

...¿Quien de estos sera el que vaya a Japon?

¿Ganara Boca su Heptacampeonato?

¿O sera Sao Paulo de nuevo?

¿Podra Estudiantes o Nacional volver a la gloria?

¿O talvez puede ir Colo Colo, River, Libertad, o Palmeiras?

¿Quien es el mejor ahora?

6. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    :rolleyes::D

Si no bajan a segunda división este año, claro.:D (están en zona de promoción de descenso).

7. gethomas3

gethomas3 Red Card

Aug 3, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    ¡¿Como?!

Holy Sh¡t! I went to check out the standings to see if you were just BS'ing and they are 14th. What happened to them? They are doing a good job on the Libertadores. :eek:

8. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

My top five right now are Boca, Sao Paulo, Nacional, Gremio, Libertad. But it's still very much wide open. Boca and Sao Paulo I think are still the favorites, but while they are winning, neither has played up to its potential yet. Boca has not done as well domestically, they've shown some weaknesses. I think they have the players to win but as they are playing now they are vulnerable for a possible upset in a home and home series.

Also both Boca and Sao Paulo are dealing with injuries. Well, everybody has injuries, so that's the wildcard. Right now losing Rogerio Ceni has to be a big deal for Sao Paulo. He's not just a good goalkeeper, he is a strong leader on the team, so we'll have to see how they react to his absence, how much they miss him on the field.

Gremio, Colo Colo and Estudiantes have played some of the best football at times, but neither is doing well domestically. Estudiantes is one point out of last place in Argentina. Gremio was eliminated from their State tournament. Colo Colo is also near the bottom. So who knows? Is that a negative?

Sometimes getting bad results domestically can be a motivating factor to do well internationally. It gives the team a single purpose. Teams that are still trying to fight it in both fronts can be at a bit of a disadvantage.

9. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We've had plenty of those thread in The Beautiful Game and they always devolve into severe trolling. If you want to start one here in the CONMEBOL forums, about the CWC and the relative strength of the clubs from Europe and S.America, I'd like to hear your point of view. Maybe here there's a chance we can discuss it from our point of view as South American fans, without getting into another idiotic pissing contest with the European fans.

But yeah, lets talk about Copa Libertadores in this thread

10. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    La de Copiapo tambien es un chiste: perdimos el invicto el dgo. ahi. :mad::rolleyes:

11. Futjol

Futjol New Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    My favorite still is Libertad (Paraguay).
    Boca might have for the last 20 years a great history in CL, but I doubt this year will get further than Quarter-Finals.
    Sao Paulo, I have always liked Sao Paulo, but I think they will be eliminated on 8th round. (If I'am wrong then SaoPaulo will win the CL).

Esta edicion se la lleva un equipo chico asi como esta pasando ultimamente.
    LDU, Once Caldas, etc.......

Lastimosamente cuando llega la Intercontinental ya el equipo esta mas desarmado que un puzzle. La necesidad del dinero en los Clubes SudAmericanos nos afecta demasiado y tambien el Calendario de las fechas de las competencias.

Aunque LDU, fue casi entero pero sin su megaestrella Guero, y les metieron unas pepeadas. Si desean la Copa Intercontinental tiene que ir un equipo de historia y que pese como aquel Velez que se llevo todas las copas.

12. Spencer

Spencer Member

Mar 11, 2002
    Quito
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Ah si? capaz vimos diferentes intercontinentales porque no les pepearon ni una sola vez, es mas ganaron un partido a los chicanos y perdieron contra el mejor equipo del mundo 1-0...

13. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    No solo la cancha de Copiapo es un chiste, el equipo y esos arbitros localistas tambien...

Wanderito sube como sea este año en todo caso... tomaremos el lugar que deje Colo Colo cuando descienda (?).

Despues a salir campeon para enseñarles a las ruletas como se juega la Libertadores. Regla #1, que no te metan 6 goles en un partido...

:D

14. Dominican Lou

Dominican Lou Member+

Nov 27, 2004
    1936 Catalonia
    It can also mean that the team has specifically chosen to concentrate on the international competition rather than the domestic one. Resting key players, etc.

I'd add Libertad to Boca and Sao Paulo as the favorites. They actually got a decent number of NT-level people from outside Paraguay like the Bolivian Alvarez, the Colombian Marin and the Peruvian Ramirez.

They've also been playing really well.

15. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    5ª fecha:

Caracas 1 Everton 0
    Gol de penal.

Guadalajara 0 Lanús 0

TABLA:

Caracas(VEN) 9
    Guadalajara(MÉX) 8
    ------------------
    Everton(CHI) 7
    Lanús(ARG) 3 (ELIMINADO)

29 de abril, última fecha:
    Everton-Guadalajara
    Lanús-Caracas

16. Socrates_81

Socrates_81 Red Card

May 27, 2008
    Blank
    ...on to the next one...

17. Futjol

Futjol New Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Ese penal a favor de Caracas me parecio sumamente dudoso. Incluso creo que ese no era penal por nada del mundo.

Everton merecio llevarse 1 punto de una cancha que esta para el olvido.

18. Arthur V

Arthur V Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Brasilia, BRASIL
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    São Paulo will play today with the team B, basically. Only 2 players from team A will start the match.

That's because we have a tough game against Corinthians on sunday;

19. Danilo-11

Danilo-11 Member

Dec 20, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    Everton pago los platos rotos del juego Colo-Colo 3-2 Caracas en el que el arbitro les regalo un penal a ColoColo en el min. 92.

Donde estan todos los que decian que Chivas y Lanus pasaban a 8vos y Caracas no? :cool:

[​IMG]

20. gethomas3

gethomas3 Red Card

Aug 3, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Congratulations on your third time making it to the 2nd round for the third time in your history.

But the competition is far fiercer this year then ever. That series vs Santos a while ago will be nothing compared to now.

21. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Ese partido termino 2-1 y fue un penal a favor del Colo Colo. El defensor de Caracas nunca toco el balon en esa jugada y hace un claro contacto con Alexis Sanchez.

22. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    quien era el arbitro que la kgo con el PK vs. everton? en caracas.
    parecia conocido....

23. spc3sc

spc3sc Member+

Jul 24, 2008
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Qué pasó con la cancha del Caracas? Estaba impresentable...

24. Arango82

Arango82 Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Venezuela
    Club:
    Caracas FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    Hard to believe since Santos was #1 best team overall in the tournament when we played and exposed them.

25. Arango82

Arango82 Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Venezuela
    Club:
    Caracas FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    Paso la lluvia y el equipo rugby de la UCV. Es increible pero dos equipos pagan para jugar en ese potrero.

Como dice Danilo alguien tenia que pagar los platos rots del "Robo en Santiago"
    [​IMG]