Copa Libertadores 2009 - grp stage part 2 [R]

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by Century's Best, Apr 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    How was that selling out? Bobadilla got an undeserved red card and we where forced to play with 10 men and a 3rd string keeper (same keeper who took in 7 goals with Bolivar against Boca) plus the fact that the team just fell apart in that game while Mexico had a great game, it was a freak accident of a game but defenently not a fixed game.

Besides, it wasen't Libertad's job to help out La U, Libertad did what they needed to do to qualify comfortably and deserved to take it easy. La U should have been the one to beat an already eliminated San Lorenzo playing with reserves.

2. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Falso. Les van a pedir que no jueguen en Mexico, pero no los pueden echar...

Y creo que ya se decidieron por Bogota, lo cual indica que los colombianos vamos a hinchar por Mexico!!!!

http://www.conmebol.com/articulos_ver.jsp?id=63753&slangab=S

Los equipos mexicanos Chivas Guadalajara y San Luis FC jugarán de local en Bogotá, Colombia
    30 / 04 / 2009
    Ante las contingencias sanitarias existentes en México por la aparición de la gripe porcina, que está causando temor internacional, y habiendo clasificado dos equipos mexicanos para proseguir la disputa de la Copa Santander Libertadores de America, para los Octavos de Final, la CONMEBOL, en consulta con los Presidentes de las Asociaciones Nacionales afiliadas, y en consenso con la Federación Mexicana de Fútbol, ha determinado trasladar los partidos que debían jugarse en México a la ciudad de Bogotá, Colombia, en doble jornada, el día miércoles 6 de mayo, para lo cual se obtuvo la colaboración de la Federación Colombiana de Fútbol. Esta resolución es válida sólo para esta fase, haciendo votos porque la causa que origina esta decisión sea prontamente superada. En las próximas horas se informara la programación de los partidos.

3. el Rafaa

el Rafaa Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 7, 2007
    Somewhere in MA
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Re: Los equipos mexicanos jugarán de local en Bogotá

they should have choosed cities in the States instead, would have pulled a larger amount of fans...

4. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    It would've been way too unfair to kick them out.

5. spc3sc

spc3sc Member+

Jul 24, 2008
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Qué asco (no el gesto, sino el comentarista)

"jajaja, le está tosiendo en la cara, qué gracioso..."

6. Panfilo

Panfilo Member+

May 9, 2003
    INLAND EMPIRE
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Especially since they've played for a week with these conditions and nothing has happened. The dam thing might end up being less severe than the regular flu.

Anyway the dumbass Chiva fan is out of his mind.

They were in an uproar with the Boca coach spit on Bofo now he is trying to justify Reynoso's actions.

NO seas pendejo

Reynoso should be suspended for the rest of the tournament

7. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Re: Los equipos mexicanos jugarán de local en Bogotá

Hate you chaski, because you're right...:(

[​IMG]

8. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I am surprised that nobody mentioned the goal that was taken away from Universitario, that, assuming the game would have ended 2-1, would have qualified them to the next round.

The ball was kicked back by a player from San Lorenzo, so it was not offside.

My speculation is that it was an honest mistake, it's easy to see it in replay, but maybe not so easy for the lineman in real time.

But it sucks for Universitario.

9. KesOne

KesOne BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    LInk? THe replay didnt show it hitting off an SL player.

10. Futjol

Futjol New Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Yes it was a legitimo GOAL, but hey, who was the referee? A chilean.
    I mean no offense but every time we have a Chilean referee we loose.

Cristal can give testimony to it, and even the NAtional team.

11. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tkbz0CKOkSs"]YouTube - Fase de Grupos: San Lorenzo 2 - Universitario (PER) 0 / Libertadores 2009[/ame]

Watch starting at 2:03. Botinelli of San Lorenzo touches the ball back. The striker was alone with the goalie. Would that have gone in if they didn't mistakenly stop the play?

It was a key play in eliminating Universitario, right near the end of the match. But as I said, it was a very confusing play in the penalty area, and I think the lineman and the ref can be justified in not seeing it as well as we can see it on the replay.

12. KesOne

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Nah man, now thats stretching the truth. What sloppyness, truth is La U didnt deserve to advance with the way they played that game. I was talking about a different play that was for sure offsides but ball went in.

13. Futjol

Futjol New Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    El Juez de Linea cobra fuera de Juego, cuando la pelota estaba en el aire cuando fue cabezeada por el jugador de la "U", pero de ahi la toca el jugador de San Lorenzo y sale hacia atras.

Lo cual deja a Piero Alva en legitima posicion. Es ahi que el Arbitro (chileno) cobra el fuera de juega, cuando debio seguir el juego.
    El Arbitro estuvo cerca a la jugada, y fue muy evidente que dos jugadores de San Lorenzo la tocan antes que llegue a los pies de Alva.

No me cabe duda, que iba hacer gol. Pero gracias a las tipicas fallas de la baja calidad de arbitros en Sudamerica y el Dinero. La U quedo fuera.

Ahora si me preguntan si la "U" merecio pasar?
    Talvez si, por lo hecho durante la campaña, pero por lo que hizo ante San Lorenzo, se merecio ser eliminado.

Tipico equipo Peruano, confiado en otros resultados.

14. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I agree that they didn't deserve to advance based on this match, getting outplayed by a team that really had mailed it in long ago. And not having Solano at the end hurt them.

But still, I think odds are that if they don't wrongly blow the whistle, that play is most likely a goal that puts them in the next round.

15. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    So is it official by South American confederation that the two Mexican clubs continue in Copa Libertadores or are they still deciding? I say Chivas and San Luis should play their home games if they continue in this event in Venezuela seems they have new stadiums that were built for Copa America 2007 why not make use of them.

16. KesOne

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Not sure yet but La U feel they still have a chance to go to the next round :D
    http://peru.com/futbol/sgc/portada/2009/04/30/detalle32160.aspx

17. El_LatinLover

El_LatinLover BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 27, 2007
    The Poorside
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    I got one better, lets crucify him.
    [​IMG]

18. El_LatinLover

Nov 27, 2007
    The Poorside
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Cheers to colombia, they aint afraid of no ghosts.

19. Socrates_81

Socrates_81 Red Card

May 27, 2008
    Blank
  20. FARFAN 17

FARFAN 17 Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Back in NJ :(
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    So if it's less severe than the common flu, why play the games outside of Mexico?

I don't think we know everything there is to know about this influenza epidemic so all precautions should be taken.

21. el Rafaa

el Rafaa Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 7, 2007
    Somewhere in MA
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru

that was completely crap.... but it hurts more to mention it than to forget about it.!

22. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    When there is a clear video of it, people will just forget about it?
    You need to shut your mouth yourself and like 2-3 other people have said already, stop trying to justify it/hide it under the rug.
    You defended the act as I expected and most people disagreed with that (one of your compatriots, included).
    ;)

23. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    palermo just scored his 199th goal.

So is that counting everything Libertadores, Sudamericana, liga, recopa, Intercontinental/CWC or just some and not others? or counting friendlies also?

24. Arango82

Arango82 Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Venezuela
    Club:
    Caracas FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    Told you Arangodamus knows.

[​IMG]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNv84WrDA4o"]YouTube - Hector Reynoso de CHIVAS contra jugador de EVERTON[/ame]

[​IMG]

25. El_LatinLover

Nov 27, 2007
    The Poorside
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    ?
    [​IMG]