COPA LIB, after the grp stage - R & comments

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by Dr. Know, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Don't remind me. Juninho Paulista self-destructed our team in Uruguay. The final result wasn't humilhating (3-2 agg), but the fact we got eliminated by them was.

2. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Flamengo was much better than last year's result indicated. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Flamengo's management maintain the core of last year's team? The good results your team has had in this Libertadores is proof that your side knows what it's doing.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure the Nacao Rubro-Negra will pack Maracana next week. America is as good as eliminated, and your team will probably win by 3 goals if not more.

3. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nacional 0 - 0 São Paulo

4. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Atlético Nacional 1 - 2 Fluminense

5. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Nacional (URUGUAY) 0 - Sao Paulo Futebol Clube (BRASIL) - 0

Well, at least they didn't win... and if the team plays the way it did in the last 20 minutes I can hope for a win at Morumbi stadium. Now what the hell was that bottle?

6. el chingon

el chingon Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    :mad: We're fuked now, Cabañas wasn't able to do sh*t he was well defended. Hopefully a miracle happens and we somehow win by 3 goals in Brazil.

7. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Flamengo's team after the Libertadores last year is fairly different than the one that played in the Libertadores. In June, we got Ibson, Fábio Luciano, Roger, and our current coach, Joel Santana (Ney Franco got fired). Flamengo's core from their run from last place to 3rd place after those moves were made was kept this year.

8. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I picked America because they were home, and I figured they might pull it out at the Azteca. I thought they would lose the series in Brazil.

9. paulo_mengao

paulo_mengao New Member

Feb 21, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ, USA
    Que venga el River, o el San Lorenzo !

10. CyberAce100

CyberAce100 Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    That's what I asked before the game started. Obviously a lot of the posters here haven't seen any of America's games. It's sad how bad they've become. On Flamengo's last gol three of their players were in position to put the ball in after the ball hit the post and no defenders around them. Hopefully they get better, well it can't get any worse.

11. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Santos ou Cúcuta primeiro, amigo.

12. Arañas

Arañas New Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
  13. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think extra time got cut short because the ref got hit in the head by an object.

14. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!
    And to think that this was a mediocre showing from Liga,,hopefully they learn from about 3 years ago when they got f!cked over in Buenos Aires from the ref and Cheating Plate.

15. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!
    I wonder what the cry babies dirigentes del Flamengo are thinking about the altura now?:rolleyes:

16. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    HDP Baldassi.. penalty (in the 88th minute) my ass. Alexis Sanchez was clearly pushed, and if anything, it should have been a freekick for River - not a penalty for CASLA. :mad:

Yoryi: chupame un huevo. Siempre apareces en cualquier thread hablando pelotudeces de los Argentinos. Y eso que pones "LA ENVIDIA MATA!" bajo to username. :rolleyes: :p

17. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Another victim of Hector Baldassi? I didn't see the game so I don't know what play was like, but it wouldn't surprise me a bit considering who the ref is. The same man who last year didn't mark 2 clear PKs in Rio that would have allowed Flamengo (vs. Defensor) move on.

18. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Won't change a thing. They already said so after we won in Cusco. They aren't complaining about the chances of winning there being diminished, they think someone is going to die there:rolleyes: Like I have already said numerous times, they both want to show their faces on the international stage.

19. Arañas

Arañas New Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    After the refs didn't give Cruzeiro a penalty the fans hit the linesman anyway.

[youtube]bbHKwo25tCc[/youtube]

20. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
  21. Mengao81

Mengao81 New Member

Apr 5, 2006
    I wouldn't bet a penny on it....look up Flamengo's record at home since Joel arrived....I can't remember the last time we lost to a non-Rio team at the Maraca, let alone by 3 goals.....well, good luck next year.

22. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    Baldasi was too permisive...all game long
    the pk call was BAD......baldasi days should be over in copa for 2008

que bruto!

23. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Palmeiras, first game of the Brasileirao last year, when Ney was still our coach.

24. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Santos FC 2 - 0 Cúcuta Deportivo

25. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Some ass threw an ice cube and the fourth ref got cut and was bleeding. I am sure they are going to suspend La Bombonera because of it. There always has to be an idiot. And as the announcers said, it had to be a rich idiot, because it came from one of the luxury boxes.

Boca's president Pompilio asked Boca fans that if anybody has any information to help identify the culprit to bring it. Hopefully they'll be able to identify whoever did this.