PBP: Copa do Mundo - Qatar 2022: Brasil vs Croácia | QF - 9 de Dez, 2022 [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by celito, Dec 5, 2022.

1. MIGkiller

MIGkiller Member+

Flamengo
    Brazil
    May 9, 2003
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That would be a great idea.

2. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He scored.

celito repped this.
  3. ripalino

ripalino Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Sao Paulo
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Brazil was terribly mismanaged today by tite.
    Made horrible decisions and the result is a disaster

4. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That is a rare breed of player. What we have lacked for decades is a real clinical #9 to finish off chances that we have not finished.

5. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    EXACTLY !!!!!!!!!!!!
    SPOT ON !!!!!!!!!
    Didn't Rodrygo look so unbelievably nervous that he was shacking. I KNEW HE WAS GOING TO MIKSS ! HORRIBLE CHOICE for the first. And as you stated, I don't believe Neymar asked to be the last kicker so he can be some kind of hero, BS.

Deep Pal repped this.
  6. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Neymar does not deserve any bashing. He played half-fit and you can cleary see that on the field. All those talented attackers, we have none of them brough any creativity when Neymar did not play and probably don't score today if it wasn't for him.

Lockeroom and celito repped this.
  7. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    IMO, it has to be someone that has worked in Brazil. His style of play is also more conducive to what we expect from the Selecao than someone like Abel Ferreira. This is an error other teams have made -- hiring a manager that never coached in their domestic league. I may be biased, but JJ fits the bill.

celito repped this.
  8. Brazil_1500

Brazil_1500 Member

Nov 3, 2003
    NY
    okay, I truly see that Brazil needs a kick in the butt to wake up for next world cup by having Argentina winning this one!

9. Redshift

Redshift Member+

Dec 14, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'm not gone yet.

Some more thoughts:

1. Once you get that goal, in OT of a WC quarter, you've gotta park the bus and play on the counter. Who cares how it looks? You have one foot in the semi. Let everyone whine about it after the classificação. The whole thing about getting the second to kill the game applies earlier in a match, certainly not at that point.

2. If Danilo had câimbras, he needed to be subbed off. If there were no subs left, we should not have burned them all before the final half of ET with position for position changes. Also, what excuse is there not to have two laterais convocados for each side? We should not have to play an improvised player in such an important position except in a truly extraordinary circumstance. Poor planning.

3. Croatia is a good team and we always have difficulty with this kind of defense. We needed to try some good chutes de fora da área and be much better with the bola parada. All of our corners and free kicks felt like a complete waste.

Deep Pal and MerlinRM repped this.
  10. samuel_clemens

Dec 20, 2005
    Los Angeles CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The good news is that Tite is done. Between this and 2018 I want 20 hours of my life back. Some of the most boring performances we ever had in a WC tournament .

Deep Pal and Brazil_1500 repped this.
  11. ripalino

ripalino Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Sao Paulo
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    See you guys in 2026.
    Wish Brazil NT all the very best
    Waiting for Hexa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Agree. He showed up by scoring a critical goal. Hard to judge him when he is clearly not 100%. Brazil needs another player to help take the load off of him and we have failed to do so in 2014, 2018 and 2022. Messi has had more higher quality players to help him on the attacking end than Neymar has had. Neymar has his fault and he isn't free from critiques, but let's be real here.

Kaka10725 and Redshift repped this.
  13. Redshift

Redshift Member+

Dec 14, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    4. You have to have some of the best penalty kick takers up front. Especially the first. Because if you miss, the plan to have the best last to close it out goes out the window. Weaker takers will do better when they don't have the weight of the world on them.

IVO ! repped this.
  14. ripalino

ripalino Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Sao Paulo
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    On paper, even Brazil has very good players to help Neymar .

15. Lockeroom

Lockeroom Member

Apr 11, 2008
    Modric, Kovacic and Brozovic is maybe the best midfield in the World Cup. And they had Majer, he will be new Modric in my opinion.

Deep Pal repped this.
  16. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    As annoying and irritating as I find many voices within Brazil's sports news commentariat to be, one thing I read this week that I agreed with was that Neymar has been well-behaved in this tournament. He didn't do anything else other than withdraw and recover after the first match. And as we all know, many journalist-wannabes openly criticized members of the team going with Ronaldo to that expensive steakhouse, where they ate gold-covered steaks which costs thousands of reais.

I don't care that they went; they're millionaires and they can afford it. The critics say nothing about the extravagant lifestyles, including sumptuous meals on a daily basis for years, enjoyed by corrupt politicians whose salaries are paid by the Brazilian working man. And that gold sheeting is inexpensive; it's more show and glitter.

He was not 100%, he gave it his best, and he is the one player from Brazil who scored today. He executed a brilliant play and it's only because of him that Brazil was in the semifinals until the 115th minute.

Really, people need to get over their biases. He will be gone one day, and it doesn't look like we're going to have another Ronaldo/Rivaldo/Romario/Ronaldinho Gaucho period again anytime soon. They will miss him - and Tite, even though Tite did make mistakes.

IVO ! repped this.
  17. samuel_clemens

Dec 20, 2005
    Los Angeles CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    O time e bem a cara do Tite. Apático e pouco senso de urgência , trocando goleiro em oitavas, time reserva, se abriu mais nos últimos minutos da prorrogação do que o jogo inteiro (foi o primeiro e único chute a gol da Croácia iirc ).

bring on Jorge Jesus .

18. ripalino

ripalino Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Sao Paulo
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I would love somebody like Pep Guardiola to manage our NT
    Being egoist and saying " A brazilian can manage the NT better" wont work. Football is evolving and a new coach ( Doesnt matter whether he is Brazilian or Non Brazilian ) may bring fresh ideas about how to manage this exciting team.

19. Brazil_1500

Brazil_1500 Member

Nov 3, 2003
    NY
    Players that shouldn't had played this world cup...Dani Alves, Fred, Gabriel Jesus. They literally took space from other players who had be called up and probably would had made a difference!

20. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think that is a high risk, high reward hire. Pep doesn't know anything about the domestic league. Less of factor than it is for an European team because we have a significant amount of players playing in Europe, but it's important to identify up and coming players and giving them opportunities. England made that mistake a handful of times. France won with Deschamps. Germany won with Loew. Spain won with Aragones. I don't think we need to think Pep or bust.

21. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Which attacking players has Neymar had to help shoulder the load?

22. ripalino

ripalino Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Sao Paulo
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Vini , Raphinha etc all are good enough . I think they are better than what the argies got on those positions

23. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    I forsee the NT struggling if Neymar decides to retire. The other attackers are young but their game is still developing and I like all of them. Vinicius, Rodygo, Martinelli and Antony are fine core for the future.

Richarlison did well for me overall and I wouldn't mind him continuing to get calls. Raphinha is probably done with the NT. Just wasn't good enough overall and so was Paqueta.

Shout out to Thiago Silva, Casemiro, Militao, Marquinhos, Danilo, Alisson and Alex Sandro. They all had fine to excellent world cups and some of them it will be the last time we see them for the NT. I salute them.

Nothing against him but I am tired of seeing Fred or any midfielders in his mold on the NT. Enough already.

celito repped this.
  24. ripalino

ripalino Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Sao Paulo
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I would love to see Brazil go completely under the radar in WC 2026. Let people think that we are NOT favorites .
    I am sick and tired of hearing " Brazil this Brazil that " before the WC.

25. ripalino

ripalino Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Sao Paulo
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yes, we had one of the best defenses in this WC.