Copa del Rey: Barca vs Zamora [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by krazbo, Jan 1, 2006.

1. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    Hm, I am not sure but I havent found a thread with this subject on this board. Now here it is..

We are going to play our first cup match on tuesday. Opponent is club Zamora. I dont know them but if they have coem so far they must be good team. The game is on tuesday at 20.30 and I doubt it will be on TV while there are several "better" matches as Real Madrid vs. Bilbao ...

Barca is a club with most Copa del Ray trophys but we havent won it for seven years now. Its time to win it again. Here are some states and useful information on this subject:
    http://www.fcbarcelona.com/eng/noticias/noticias/n05123020.shtml

Good news is that Van Bommel is back in squad for this match. As repoted we are going to play without ard has advanced his squad for the game, which will be without Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Larsson, Edmílson, Deco, Motta and Messi. But instead of them some young players are given the chance, their names are Cristian (striker), Rodri (defender) and Jordi Gómez (midfielder). Gabri is also in squad after his injury.

With names given I guess our starting line up will be something like this:

___Jorquera

Belletti__Puyol__Oleguer__Sylvinho

Gabri__Van Bommel__Iniesta

Giuly___Maxi__Ezquerro

Marques was injured so I dont believe that he will start a match. It would also be nice if Puyol would get some rest. He is the only player who played all the matches. He was also injured and might be given a rest. More will be known tomorrow when press conference will be given.

2. Ublydok

Ublydok New Member

Mar 4, 2005
    browsing bigsoccer
    I hope Cristian will get some minutes. In Barça B he had notched up 8 goals so far this season.

3. acmilan_barcelona

acmilan_barcelona Nou Camp-San Siro

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat
    First of all i like the attitude of the team as they are taking this match very very serious. We need to win the Copay Del Rey cup this season as it is a long time since we last won it.

Great news that Van Bommel is back, i wouldn`t rush him may be bring him on as a sub to gain some match fitness but he might as well start. The formation below posted by Krazbo might be the one we will see , may be Puyol will be rested.

Jorquera

Belletti__Puyol__Oleguer__Sylvinho

Gabri__Van Bommel__Iniesta

Giuly___Maxi__Ezquerro

Belletti is another player coming back from injury and i hope he doesn`t aggravate that injury. I would definately leave out Puyol and use may be Rodri from Barca-B. Also i`m not sure if Gio was included in this match squad but i would use him and rest Sylvinho.

another player i wanted to be selected is Verdu, not sure if he is part of the squad for this match. I think it will be a tough match for us as we are playing away against a very highly motivated Zamora team but we will get a good result. Hoping that we come up top with out any injury concerns.
    On a positive note there is a second leg at home so all is good.

Atl-Bilboa hosting Real Madrid is another good match up and Osasuna Vs Depor. Valencia also will have to be at thier very best against Villareal if they have any hopes of advancing.

I hope Van Bommel and Belletti return to full fitness before the league begins. Marquez too is on the recovery as we will need them on saturday when we match up against a tough Espanyol side.

4. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    Here is lineup that EMD came up with:

[​IMG]

Dani Fernández and Joan Verdú wont travel to Zamora.

I am bit surprised that Larsson isnt in the team. Same goes for Maxi, I tought he will play it but as far as know he isnt even in the team. This Christian should better be good!

5. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    I like this one ;)

[​IMG]

Here is the squad for Zamora match:

Valdés, Jorquera, Gabri, Iniesta, Van Bommel, Sylvinho, Oleguer, Van Bronckhorst, Puyol, Rodri, Márquez, Jordi Gómez, Cristian, Belletti, Giuly, Santi Ezquerro

6. acmilan_barcelona

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat
    The absence of Maxi is a concern to me, i thought that he would start this game but he is out. Not a good sign if we hope to keep him. Good that Puyol is rested. I can see that Frank has confidence in our youth players, Rodri and Christian should be able to gain valuable experience. I would have wanted both Dani and Verdu to make the team.

It will be a tough away match.

7. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    i believe maxi is not included because he's been given extra holiday time in recognition of the long distance he has to travel to argentina. same case as most of the other south american players (except for sylvinho who spent the holdays in europe), and also eto'o.

8. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    Basic news about B team players that has been called for Zamora match:

Sergio Rodríguez García, 'Rodri'

Central defender born in Mataró on August 17, 1984. Joined FC Barcelona in 2001 from CE Mataró. The under 18 international has played at the following clubs: 1993/95 PSV Pla d'en Boet (Benjamin and Alevin); 1995/99 RCD Espanyol (Alevin, Infantil and Cadet); 1999/01 CE Mataró (Cadet and Juvenil); 2001/03 (Juvenil) FC Barcelona; 2003-04 FC Barcelona B.

Rodri has often worked with the first team, including participation in last season's training camp at Peralada. He made his first team debut in the Banyoles-Barça friendly in July 2004. He and Pitu toured Denmark with the first team before the start of the present season.

Cristian Hidalgo González, 'Cristian'

With Eto'o, Larsson, Ronaldinho, Maxi and Messi away, coach Frank Rijkaard has decided to give a chance to this young striker, who was the top scorer in the 2000-01 third division with 38 goals in 31 matches.

Born in Barcelona on September 21, 1983, he joined FC Barcelona in 2002-03 from CE Sant Gabriel, where he had played since 1991, playing at benjamín, alevín, infantil, cadet and juvenil levels. In 2003-04 he played for Barça B. This season he has already scored eight goals, and like 'Rodri', he made his first team debut in the Banyoles-Barça friendly on July 16, 2004. He has played in several other friendlies, such as the ones against Elche and Porto, and in Copa Catalunya matches.

Jordi Gómez García-Penche, 'Jordi Gómez'

Born in Barcelona on March 24, 1985 this 21-year-old youngster has scored three goals this season. Jordi Gómez is a great friend of Leo Messi, with whom he had a strong understanding when they played alongside each other. The midfielder arrived at Barça from UB Catalonia in 1996-97.

9. acmilan_barcelona

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat
    I think youngsters like Rodri, Christian, Pitu and Verdu have will soon be playing with the senior side. i`m not sure how old Dos santos is, 16 years may be or 17 should be making some good progress.

10. acmilan_barcelona

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat
    Got you, i was getting surprised on Maxi`s omission.

11. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Give him time. I don't see him making his debut this season. Not saying it's impossible, I just doubt it will happen.

12. Matrim55

Matrim55 Member+

Aug 14, 2000
    Berkeley
    Club:
    Connecticut
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is Rodri considered a top prospect - someone who could be a defensive anchor for years? Or more a squad player like Oleguer?

Thanks and rep to anyone who knows for certain.

13. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can I pretend to know and still get rep?

14. Matrim55

Matrim55 Member+

Aug 14, 2000
    Berkeley
    Club:
    Connecticut
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sure.

15. Ublydok

Ublydok New Member

Mar 4, 2005
    browsing bigsoccer
    From ********.com:

Zamora - Barcelona

New Macao Soccer TV PP Live:

synacast://09jN1+TK3K3nnK7LpqfRnNuS09KfoKOZqdOclteap9aZma+ao6Ohm6nJ0qKf5pzI2dSpmqqeltvbpuvJ4OSmmKXR2dOgl+ne3tHPyunZntPb1rCdoKCcpOrI4OSmmKXR2dOel+ne3tHPyunZntPb1rCeoKCcpOvJ4OSmmKXR2dOdl+ne3tHPyunZntPb1rCdoKCcj+TG3dWpGTooNTdeNmsxGKqemauXq73NzNfUkLbb2OrH0dzY/

16. acmilan_barcelona

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat
    Rodri if he keeps working hard he has a great future at Barca, he is one of the junior players who have featured most with the senior side and he has qualities of a future star defender. So far so good with his progress and i won`t be surprised if next season he makes the jump to the senior side. He is one of those junior players who have been consistent season in and out.
    [​IMG][/QUOTE]
    Plus he is already a spanish youth international, at the last two preseasons he was invinted to train with the senior side which of course included trips to other european countries. He has potential and i think Frank is trying to upgrade him with time. I think Verdu also might be part of the senior side next season.

More of him from other fans or be on the look out for Krazbo, he might have some video footage of Rodri in action.

17. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like Rodri has a euro mullet/7 like Oleguer did when he broke through.

18. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think its Standard issue when moving up to Barca B.

Like a buzzcut, only Catalan. ;)

19. Culé...

Culé... New Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Brooklyn, NY
    this match in pplive tv????
    cadena ser is not broadcasting it neither is goltv (********!)
    :mad:

20. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    someone posted a copy/paste URL above the big Rodri picture.

21. Culé...

Culé... New Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Brooklyn, NY
    is that channel mentioned in this list???
    http://pplive.com/en/programlist.shtml

I have never been able to make this pplive work when some1 posts a link like this. sorry to be a pain , but a little help would be appreciated :)

22. Culé...

Culé... New Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Brooklyn, NY
    omg :mad:
    Zamora just scored
    cant really say what happened as I am listening to RAC1 (Catala) and I can barely understand it. THey did mentioned Oleguer in the run of play
    so I am guessing he screwed up.
    :mad:

23. Ublydok

Ublydok New Member

Mar 4, 2005
    browsing bigsoccer
  24. Culé...

Culé... New Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Brooklyn, NY
    Cadena Ser is broadcasting now

Ublydok...
    some help pls :)

25. Ublydok

Ublydok New Member

Mar 4, 2005
    browsing bigsoccer
    synacast://09jN1+TK3K3nnK7LpqfRnNuS09KfoKOZqdOclteap9aZma+ao6Ohm6nJ0qKf5pzI2dSpmqqeltvbpuvJ4OSmmKXR2dOgl+ne3tHPyunZntPb1rCdoKCcpOrI4OSmmKXR2dOel+ne3tHPyunZntPb1rCeoKCcpOvJ4OSmmKXR2dOdl+ne3tHPyunZntPb1rCdoKCcj+TG3dWpGTooNTdeNmsxGKqemauXq73NzNfUkLbb2OrH0dzY

Just open this link in your internet browser. Anyway I see this transparent blue menu in the middle of the screen that fcks up everything.