Copa del Rey | 6th Round, 1st Leg | Hércules CF v FC Barcelona | 30 November 2016 [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by inswinger, Nov 29, 2016.

1. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I just remember Rafinha was actually doing well and even scoring goals earlier in the season. Didn't watch the game today.

2. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I did not watch but the player ratings, esp for Rafinha seem to support your comment. As much as we may not love Gomes and his play, Rafinha did himself no favors tonight and Arda only did a bit better (IF these ratings are an indicator): http://www.sport-english.com/en/new...r-disappointing-draw-against-hercules-5664071

Goal.com is much much more favorable to Rafinha and harsh on Arda, so I'm confused, but reading both summaries it seems bright spots were generally lacking, but include Umtiti's return, Alena's play esp. that goal, Vidal doing OK which might get him out of the Lucho doghouse, and Cardona bringing some late threats on goal as a sub, though he missed the goal on his best chance. It sounded like Digne had a stinker game as did Alcacer: http://www.goal.com/en-us/match/hércules-vs-barcelona/2364634/ratings

3. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I did not watch but the player ratings, esp for Rafinha seem to support your comment. As much as we may not love Gomes and his play, Rafinha did himself no favors tonight and Arda only did a bit better (IF these ratings are an indicator): http://www.sport-english.com/en/new...r-disappointing-draw-against-hercules-5664071

Goal.com is much much more favorable to Rafinha and harsh on Arda, so I'm confused, but reading both summaries it seems bright spots were generally lacking, but include Umtiti's return, Alena's play esp. that goal, Vidal doing OK which might get him out of the Lucho doghouse, and Cardona bringing some late threats on goal as a sub, though he missed the goal on his best chance. It sounded like Digne had a stinker game as did Alcacer: http://www.goal.com/en-us/match/hércules-vs-barcelona/2364634/ratings

4. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Usually playing in the Club WC is a disadvantage for teams but now Barca have to field a strong side for the second-leg against Hercules (while Madrid are playing in Japan). Otherwise they could go out in this round (don't see Barca getting another fluke goal like So not much rest advantage for Barca.

Of course if they lose on Saturday it doesn't matter anyway. They'd be in 4th place and out of the title race.

5. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don't know about the ratings but both played badly. I still think the main problem is Lucho not the players, one should wonder how Barca B players thrashed Hercules few months ago and now struggling against the same team even though we were boosted with 6 first team players.

6. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Barca B hasn't played Hercules yet this season, they play mid January in the first of two games.

7. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    One must assume that Hercules would be a bit more motivated playing at home against the Barca A team than in a third-division league match against Barca B. Still a terrible result for Barca no matter what though, especially since they were lucky not to lose (the goal could never be replicated).

Barca B beat them 1-3 early this season. Not exactly a thrashing though.

8. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]

9. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My bad, I knew they were in the same Tercera sub-group and tried to look up results and completely missed that one, just saw that they were playing in January and I figured that could've been the first game. Sorry to try to correct you with faulty info.

illusion repped this.
  10. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

This means Barca B can beat the A team [emoji33] [emoji23]