Copa del Rey: 1/32 final vs. Leganes [R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by bkn0528, Oct 24, 2004.

1. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Not exactly video, but you can see pictures of the goal HERE

Just click on the "ver"s next to the Gol de Owen

If you also click on the "oir", and then click on the different "ver"s really fast.....why you can almost pretend you're watching the game on some Spanish tv station. You might need a tad bit....much...of imagination for this though.

2. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Game over!

It's good to win with more than 1 goal again....even if it's 'just' Leganes

3. JimmieLivealot

JimmieLivealot New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    And the match ends with a weak header that Cesar picks of cleanly. Around the 75th minute Leganes pretty clearly ran out of gas and Madrid held onto the match with ease. Owen was almost able to end the game but he pushed a shot past the far post.

4. kaberon10

kaberon10 New Member

Aug 10, 2002
    Evanston
    So which of the young bucks played well? It sounds like Alex Perez did for one; but how did Javi Garcia, Juanfran, and Mejia do? Good to get that out of the way without playing any of the biggest names.

5. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    according to marca samuel injured, could be out for 2 weeks, this is why we shouldnt play our essential players in these games, although it is only getafe at home on sunday i suppose (not to jinks anything of course)

6. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    apparently Samuel has some kind of meniscal injury, the extent of which is not yet certain, although they seem pretty certain that he won't be out for more than two weeks. I believe this means that he could miss the game in Kiev, however,

Alex Perez was arguably man of the match. In the early going he provided great chances that Owen and Morientes in turn failed to convert. I'm not sure why he was subbed off - I thought he was playing quite well. Mejia also looked pretty good in this game. Most of the attack seemed to be coming down the left wing (Alex Perez) so Javi Garcia didn't impress as much but I think he's playing out of position out there on the right wing.

Unsurprisingly Owen and Morientes also were standouts. The first goal came when Owen hit a good shot on the volley inside the box that the keeper did well to save but Morientes was on hand to tap it home. The second was nice work from Morientes getting to the byline to cut it back for Owen who placed it well at the far post past the keeper's stretch.

7. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    Owen hails his best week at Real Madrid

MADRID, Oct 27 (Reuters) - Michael Owen hailed his best week so far at Real Madrid after scoring his third goal in as many games in Tuesday's 2-1 King's Cup victory over third division Leganes.

"It's been a great week as I've scored in every competition and this is certainly the best moment since I've arrived," said the England striker who played the full 90 minutes for the first time since joining Real in the close season.

"I couldn't be happier as I felt good and got another goal."

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=reu-owen&prov=reuters&type=lgns

8. TeddyBear

TeddyBear New Member

Apr 4, 2004
    Bonnie Scotland
    Re: Owen hails his best week at Real Madrid

For Me, Owen's got to start.

I'm not just jumping on the Owen bandwagon but RM should really play their most in form players. As much as I love them, Raul and Ronaldo should not be guaranteed a place in the starting lineup. I'd like to see Ronaldo Owen up front.

9. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    Results from other Copa del Rey matches:

[RESULT]Last year's champion, Zaragoza, beaten. Valencia, beaten. Barcelona, playing a team with most of their stars (no Ronaldhino, Eto'o, Deco, or Valdes) were beaten by third division Gramanet![/RESULT]

10. kaberon10

kaberon10 New Member

Aug 10, 2002
    Evanston
    [result] Wow. That takes away probably the 2 other best teams in Spain (Valencia and Barca), the defending champ, etc. Hopefully we can win this competition without playing our biggest names, so that they will be rested for the later stages of the CL and La Liga, where I'm sure we will be needing everyone due to the inevitable injuries and slumps in form that every team goes through.[/result]

11. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Owen hails his best week at Real Madrid

[​IMG]

12. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [result]Shocking, no doubt, that all those teams would fall in this round. I wonder what the after-effects of this will be. Eto'o was a 73' sub: http://www.marca.es/edicion/noticia/0,2458,552977,00.html ... One thing is for certain and should never be overlooked... provincial and lower league Catalan teams will play their hearts out when they are facing any b*rsa side for so many reasons that I won't go into here... so I can't say that I'm too surprised by this particular result.[/result]

13. feverpitchusa

feverpitchusa New Member

Jun 2, 2004
    Alexandria, VA
    You know, I like Mejia almost as much as I dislike Raul Bravo. Celades seems to be getting some playing time as well, even with the Big Boys. I don't think Raul Bravo will be transferred or loaned out anytime soon...but I'm sure holding my breath in hope. Speaking of "gone" defenders, that little mud-thumper Ivan Campo is doing pretty well at Bolton. No more nervous breakdowns, either. Still miss Makelele, though.

14. Lockjaw

Lockjaw BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ha! Puyol says that Barcelona can now concentrate on CL & La Liga and if Barca wins those, everyone will forget about the Copa del Rey. That is what losers always say when they are knocked out of the tournament.

15. anirbanblah

anirbanblah New Member

Jan 16, 2002
    India
    Which is not to say that it's not true. Should not matter if you play pretty much 2 squads though

16. illuminatus

illuminatus New Member

Mar 29, 2004
    Malaysia
    Can anyone who watched the game give a more detailed description of how it went? Who did well, who didn't? Anyway sounds like Moro and Owen do well together, even in Owen's 2nd game where he and Moro were on late, they seemed to click and Moro's passing nearly set up a couple of goals.