Alert: COPA DEL MONDO BRAZIL 2014: GROUP STAGE (3) ITALY VS URUGUAY, Estádio das Dunas, Natal

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by OldLady, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Or Montolivo, who I'm told gets either 1 goal a game or 2 assists and whom our favorite midfield midget should aim to become! ;)

2. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    problem with this is it wouldnt have changed anything because the real issue isnt why didnt anoher player in a different game get sent off for the same kind of tackle, the issue is this same reff in the same game used different meassures of judication (did i just make that word up?), he missed all of the tough tackles on italy, even the bitting, he had no desire to discuss it with his assistant, he ignored the elbow in de sciglio's head which should have been a red for SFP, the reff had his own interests and it always seams to be reffs from these countries in central or south america, only the best reffs should be at the world cup even if that means 5 from the same country

Pietro Calcio, Calcio Pauly and jerrito repped this.
  3. jerrito

jerrito Member+

Jun 22, 2006
    America
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Exactly.

4. Pietro Calcio

Pietro Calcio Member+

Jul 28, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think the word is adjudication ...lol ....though I've seen judication used before without the "ad" prefix so it may also be a word for the same thing perhaps?

5. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    lol no idea, i heard someone say the other day that they were being made an "escape goat" made me lol

6. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Did you ever lose marks in school when you wrote essays because you didn't read the question properly? :cool:

7. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    #1007 Calcio Pauly, Jul 4, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
    If I remember correctly, I was asking the questions, you were giving the answers :) This could be a good discussion to pass time the two days after the next two days, if you know what I'm saying ?

So do I have permission to quote you? Or are you denying that you said what we both know you said? ;)

8. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    How can we have a discussion when you won't even read what I write?

Try copy and paste.

9. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    #1009 Calcio Pauly, Jul 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2014

The real problem here is that you don't know how to deal with someone who reads you well, which is why you need to change your story every so often and go off on what you think are clever detours, but really just end up making you more lost ;)

But ya, your expectations of our midfield midget was to be a midfielder that either scores a goal a game or creates two opportunities per game. One or the other. So far so good? I believe you said specifically "like any world class central midfielder"

So I asked you to name one that does that. Realizing at that point if you did name one who is actually at that level you would confirm my claim that your current expectations are just a little out of whack, you said Montolivo :laugh:

And got yourself caught up in another trap. Don't be too ashamed through, I just knew the right questions to ask. I might have set it all up that way too :)

Let me guess, I imagined all of that right?

10. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    An ad hominem attack. Not a good start.

What you said I said yesterday:
    What you're saying I said today:
    "Assists" v "opportunities to score" not a small difference.

You got it right the second time and I stand by the statement.

Relax. I'm not trying to get into a pissing contest with you.

You incorrectly paraphrased my statement from a private conversation, ridiculed it then and now. After I prompted you twice you then corrected yourself without any acknowledgement of your error.

I'm happy to have a discussion with you but as a bare minimum you need to read my comments properly.

11. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    #1011 Calcio Pauly, Jul 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
    Mmm I love hummus...detour to the I-15 south coming up.

Thing is did I really actually attribute it to you? Or did you still have a way out but continued to bite with wise cracks? :)

And really all it does is prove your expectations were over blown, but to follow up

"Like any world class midfielder should"

Then when pressed to give a name, you say Montolivo is the one the PSG boy needs to become, is like a 180degree turn around.

It's like perfect material for SNL's lowered-expectations skits.

Either way the argument is ridiculous and you know it, but refer to my first comment in this posting. You always had a way out.

you think ;)

12. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Me neither brah...I just thought you liked this sort of banter based on past comments and messaging?

If not...sorry, I won't reference you and the midget in the same sentence again!! :thumbsup:

13. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Verita, suo nome e ancora proibita?

14. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    :laugh:

Il gioco è ancora vivo

15. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    E vero! O e vera?

16. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    ad hominem -> hummus. And you accuse me of taking detours.
    Hypocritical much?

Weak. Time to man up and admit what you did.

Montolivo is a world class midfielder. Any midfielder who represents the NT should be world class.
    Montolivo > Verratti.

Seems to me you disagree but beyond ridiculing my point of view you don't have a counter argument.

I made some wise cracks about school essays and copy and paste. If I knew that you were going to be offended and react the way you did I would have phrased my comments differently.

But coming from someone whose standard modus operandi is the wise crack to be honest I'm baffled by your reaction.

17. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    All of a sudden you lost your sense of humor. Taking all this way too personally much?

Lol...if you say so...but I didn't really let the cat out of the bag, till you bit. Or am I wrong?

:laugh:
    If you say so.

Are you saying Italy only has world class midfielders taking field of play?

Only because you say I don't? I've given many, the best of which I conclusively proved is that your expectation of him is exaggerated at this time ... But if your new argument is that he must be better than Montolivo...let's give him more than 2 games to prove himself aye?

And a couple bout head up arse, but who's counting? Seems like you're ok dishing out, but whinge when in return and you're taking about hypocrisy? Cmon dude, quit yer crying and "man up", no?

Hey you read the part where I said I don't mind this sort of banter, right? I didn't anticipate that you'd get all defensive getting it in return, or I wouldn't have returned in kind. Guess I know better now. No offense intended mate! :)

18. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What vesuviani said:

What I said to you @Calcio Pauly:

If this, the school and copy and paste comments (which you should understand by now) are the reason for the personal insults you've obviously overreacted.

19. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    i have to disagree there, montolivo isnt even class let alone world class, and to add to that he will is nowhere near in the same league as verratti right now and verratti will get better, monto is weak

La Magica and Calcio Pauly repped this.
  20. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    just pointing out, that post of vesuviani's you quoted was regarding the england game, in the uruguay game he showed skill and coolness montolivo could never show in a thousand lives

Calcio Pauly and totti fan repped this.
  21. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Fair enough there's your opinion and there's mine. I know that most people will probably disagree that
    Montolivo > Verratti
    but as I've said before diverse opinions make this forum interesting.

I will attempt to further support my argument later on, go to go and be productive in life now.

Edit: Re potential. Always hard to know what a player will become. I'm specifically talking about their current qualities.

22. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Good point. In the past Montolivo has struggled under pressure.

But different players have different strengths.

23. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    i dont know what montos strengths are though lol, not when you take away his ability to be a leader, i always remember when we went to the olympics in china 08 and monto was meant to be the leader as he had the most experience and was the older guy and he just completely went into hiding and left nocerino to drag the team, its been the story of his career unfortunately.

i have no fear of that ever happening to verratti, when morosini collapsed it was verratti who sprung into action to try to take control of the situation, he was only 18. we're lucky to have him, better just hope we dont make the team rely on him like pirlo

24. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Monty shines Verratti shoes at practice. He's got a better shoe shiner for game day.

La Magica, el napulitan and Calcio Pauly repped this.
  25. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    #1025 Calcio Pauly, Jul 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2014
    Alrighty dude, I thought you were just taking the piss as you Aussies like to say, and enjoyed this sort of banter. I guess I was wrong, so I apologize for ruffling your feathers. No insults were ever intended. Im sorry you took it that way. Peace :)