Copa America Chile 2015 ( June–July 2015)

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by viagoal, Nov 23, 2014.

1. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    #51 viagoal, May 26, 2015
    Last edited: May 26, 2015
    Ibarra is for sure a great option to replace Antonio.

Felt bad for Emelec losing today. Lastra's passing needs to improve for Copa America.

I like the new kits. I'm ordering one of each black, yellow burgandy as soon as they go on sale..
    [​IMG]

2. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Lineups, anybody have a clue?

3. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    not sure what the line up will be, but it may look like this:

----------------------------Dreer

Narvaez-----------Achiller-----------Erazo------------Bagui

Mena------------Lastra--------------Quinones------Montero

-----------------------Enner--------Miller

Luigi408 repped this.
  4. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Please let Chiriboga be one of the people arrested in the FIFA corruption charges lol.

5. midfield.design

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    He was not named. This is big as some of bribes includes tournamentents in South America. Wonder if the 2016 version of the Copa America will be affected

6. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Lol

7. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    A lot of those guys are from concacaf I wonder if they had anything to do with stripping us with our 5th spot.

8. Jefe Esco

Jefe Esco Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    His name was just brought up i posted the article in the other thread we may finally be done with that scumbag

midfield.design repped this.
  9. midfield.design

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Get out of here. He lied he stated to the ecu press that he will prove to the world that he didn't do anything wrong....[emoji481] [emoji481] [emoji481] [emoji481] [emoji481] time to celebrate

10. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Michael Arroyo with a muscle problem in his right leg could miss out on the CA. The injuries just keep on piling up

11. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Renato Ibarra also out of the CA. That means Felipe Caicedo, Antonio Valencia, Angel Mena, Michael Arroyo, and Renato Ibarra are out. If theres anytime to call Guerron it is now, we really need him.

12. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    hmmm... ?

----------------------------Dreer

Paredes-----------Achiller-----------Erazo------------Bagui

----Quinonez--------Lastra----------Noboa-----

-----------------Cazares------------------Montero

-----------------------Enner--------

13. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    What happened to Renato?

14. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Or...

Dominguez
    Paredes, Achiller, Erazo, Ayovi
    Quinonez, Noboa
    Montero, Cazares, Martinez
    Valencia
    This is where we start testing what Quinteros is capable of lost of injure players but we are still not facing a big team this is where he is forced to make changes react and adjust to circumstances and obstacles pressure and time.
    I still expect a win with a 2+ goal difference we are more than capable of doing so.

15. Ecuador_Cali

Ecuador_Cali New Member

Mar 24, 2014
    Orange County, Ca
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    The final call up list is up now. I'm hoping for a decent Copa America.

Arqueros

1.- Librado Azcona (Independiente del Valle)

2.- Alexander Domínguez (Liga de Quito)

3.- Esteban Dreer (Emelec)

Defensas

4.- Frickson Erazo (Gremio, Brasil)

5.- Juan Carlos Paredes (Watford, Inglaterra)

6.- Walter Ayoví (Pachuca, México)

7.- Gabriel Achilier (Emelec)

8.- John Narváez (Emelec)

9.- Óscar Bagüí (Emelec)

10.- Arturo Mina (Independiente del Valle)

11.- Mario Pineida (Independiente del Valle)

Mediocampistas

12.- Cristhian Noboa (PAOK FC, Grecia)

13.- Michael Arroyo (América de México)

14.- Jonathan González (Leones Negros, México)

15.- Juan Cazares (Banfield, Argentina)

16.- Renato Ibarra (Vitesse, Holanda)

17.- Pedro Quiñónez (Emelec)

18.- Osbaldo Lastra (Emelec)

19.- Fidel Martínez (Pumas, México)

Delanteros

20.- Enner Valencia (West Ham, Inglaterra)

21.- Jaime Ayoví (Godoy Cruz, Argentina)

22.- Jefferson Montero (Swansea, Inglaterra)

23.- Miler Bolaños (Emelec)

16. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    That's the best we have other than A. Valencia not making it. Don't think it will be good honestly. Still, hoping that we show up somehow.

17. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    #67 viagoal, Jun 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
    a lot of bashing going on at the futbolecuador website about the convocatoria because there are 7 players from Emelec and only one Liga player. Some complain that Quinteros has put a base of Emelec players for the NT.
    Do you think he'll be starting those 7 players? would this be a logical tactic ?

If he did the line up would look something like this:

-------------------------------Dreer 1

Narvaez 2-----------Achiller 3-----------Erazo--------------Bagui 4

---------------------Lastra 5-------------Quinonez 6

Montero (xe)----------------------------------------Martinez

------------------Miller 7--------------Enner (xe)

OR should we go by player statistics and team standings:

-------------------------- Azcona IDV

Pineda IDV ---------Achiller----------Mina IDV ----------Ayovi

------------------Quinonez----------Noboa

Montero------------------------------------------Aroyo

---------------------Miller------------Enner

Or should we go with NT experience:

Dominguez

Paredes, Achiller, Erazo, Ayovi
    Ibara, Noboa, Aroyo
    Cazares
    Enner, Montero

18. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I know people will bash me but I don't know why Erazo is being called up. I rather have Romero in than him. IMO Erazo is not good at all, he is the same defense that failed in the WC and the past Copa America. He hasn't won or done anything important at all. Plus he is benched all the time or doesn't even get called up. I actually like Achilier more than Erazo and that is crazy lol. IMO the biggest mistake is not calling Romero up to the line up.

Hidalgo over Quinonez in another one. Hidalgo IMO is better than Quinonez but not by much. So I can see why the coach too Quinonez ahead of Hidalgo because his familiarity with him.

Other than that I can't really say we have anyone else that is worth it.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The defense still super weak and its the main reason why we will not have a good Copa America.

Midfield is okay when we attack but defending is REALLY bad. Specially since we lost Valencia. We really have terrible defensive midfield players. This is the second biggest weakness we have. Our defensive midfield is slow, prone to red cards, and have done nothing important internationally.

Offense (midfield and forwards) I think we are okay here. The bad thing is that the only scoring player we have is Miller. Enner hasn't done anything at all with his opportunities. Everyone else hasn't done anything at all lately either. Even though Montero comes in one of his best moments at club level, he just doesn't score. Noboa is okay but I've read he got booed by his own fans this season and his performance hasn't been good. Lets see if Noboa shows up.

Overall from what I've seen the players do lately we aren't going to do so hot but we MIGHT pass to the next stage. Why? Because we got the easiest group! Mexico is taking the U23 only and Bolivia lol. If Mexico took their A team we have no chance at all. Since they are only taking their U23 players we might be able to pass them. Bolivia is Bolivia so yeah. Against Chile no way, we will get owned.

After that I don't think we will get any further. Lets hope we at least make it to the next stage.

19. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Screen Shot 2015-06-01 at 8.56.24 PM.png

20. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Okay... They are taking their B squad. Compare it to what they will take to the Gold Cup, which is more important to Mexico where they will be taking their A team to win it. If Mexico shows up with their A team we wouldn't have any chance in making it to the next stage. Since they won't we can at least have a chance to make it pass the first stage. If not it's going to be extremely sad. Easiest group.

Arroyo is out from be Copa America. Just like that our offense just went down a notch. The only positive aspect of this NT team.

21. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    A team or not, the Mexicans always bring it to our tournaments so expect a tough Mexico side. That's a solid team they are bringing, well balanced. The team for the GC is an overkill for that tourney and set up to make it to finals. Either way, Ecuador has to bring their best to this. It's a great test as Ecuador has always been AValencia dependent so now someone will have to step up and make the difference. Better now than later.

22. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    That awkward moment when we win the Copa America undefeated, with the best defense (0 goals scored), top scorer, top keeper, mvp, and average 3 goals a game . #stayingpositiveboys

barcelonista1981 repped this.
  23. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    In all seriousness tho my preferred line-up is
    Dominguez
    Paredes-Mina-Erazo-Ayovi
    Noboa-Quinonez
    Ibarra-Cazares-Montero
    Valencia
    3 subs would be Martinez, Pinieda, and Gonzales

Chile: Our hardest opponent in the group, home advantage, have an amazing crop of players, Ecuador have never won in Chile ( don't quote me on that, i heard it on the tv awhile back). This is a game we will lose no matter how much we try they will come out on top of this group. Last 2 friendlies ended in losses (Iran, Brazil). One point is all Ecuador needs and this will be a golden point for us. Prediction 2-0 Loss, a draw would be amazing but it won't be soo

Bolivia: We beat then 4-0 last time, the easiest game of the group. There is no reason for us to lose. But knowing us we could easily f*$k it up. Prediction 3-0 win.

Mexico: The most important game for us. Mexico are coming of a 3-0 win against Guatemala, things looked shaky for them but they pulled it together. La plena es que Mexico puede ganar y por goleada tambien. Even if this is the B-team it can 100% go toe to toe with us. There next games are against Peru and Brazil so be sure to watch and see what we are up against. Prediction 2-1 win. I think we'll barely get through this game and i expect Mexico to strike first. If we draw we'll get through the next round a best 3rd... Hopefully.

24. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Good Analysis yet I believe you are being very optimistic, in my opinion Ecuador has a VERY high chance to be the worst team in this Copa allow me to say why.

Defense: I can't seem to remember a time when our defense looked weaker, perhaps the era Pre-Ivan Hurtado, Erazo again finds himself on the bench, this makes him easily our longest benched starting player, Achillier might be our best option to start along him, let us remember that Acxhillier has showed us time and time again big flaws in Seleccion and manages to get carded A LOT. Paredez and Walter are more offense oriented than defensive and we have to admit that we allow A LOT of goals that come from the opponents wing play.

Midfield, Our defense midfield, a key position under any formation is a huge negative for us, not only we were never able to replace Castillo, but no one is anywhere near to provide what he brought to the table, with our coach Quinonez seems like the most logical candidate, not a bad player (local standards) but plays in the edge ALL THE TIME, it seems it's the Emelec way, Narvaez, Achillier and Quinonez are good players but yet they always seem to be carded, Quinonez leads that category by far add that to the fact that he isnt a great passer not a fast player and gets caught out of position very often. Noboa is definitely our positive on this part of the field, he's a solid player and our one experienced player on the midfield.

Wingers Montero is our best player today, whoever disagrees must not watch his games, but in a classic "be careful what you wish for" he stopped being a selfish player and became a full time assist man, which by no means is a bad thing but we need offense power. without Valencia, Arroyo and possibly Ibarra (Mena's injury is not crucial in my opinion) our right wing just became obsolete which sucks because we been used to a lot of plays coming from that side, we all know Larrea, Lastra are not NT material, same for Gonzales and I hope Cazares can work that right wing.

Forwards I know most will say that Caicedo's injury doesnt affect us but to me he was the only one that plays well with his back against the goal, holds the ball well and allows others to have time to open up, scoring is a huuuuuge problem we have, Enner hasnt scored in 2015 If I'm not correct, Yoya has scored 1 goal this tournament (14 games in) Enner has only showed that the NT jersey is too big for him as for now, Fidel scores but has his flaws.

as you guys can see all our areas are suffering now add a coach whose INTERNATIONAL career can be called mediocre at its best that plays a system that it's attractive and efficient against Ecuadorian clubs but becomes easily predicted and stopped in International tournaments (please check all of Emelec eliminations Internationally under Quinteros) and now he's competing against BETTER coaches.

As if all these things aren't a concern,I am also bothered by the lack of confidence and comfort I see in our players, god knows what really happened, are the rumors about Erazo not getting along true? Vito Munoz said on Friday that there's somewhat of "tension" in the Seleccion, Quinteros' closeness with the Emelec guys have created a type of "separacion" in the NT, I will see if I find a link.

If you ask me, we lose to Chile in a close one 2-1, we choke with Bolivia (we tend to ALWAYS understimate them yet they always give us a challenge) and Mexico nos gana poniendo huevos.

25. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Possible line ups ???
    (According to Ecuagol)

Alexander Domínguez;
    Juan Carlos Paredes, Arturo Mina, Frickson Erazo, Walter Ayoví;
    Jonathan González, Pedro Quiñónez, Osbaldo Lastra, Fidel Martínez;
    Miller Bolaños y Jaime Ayoví​

(According to FutbolEcuador)