Copa America Centenario 2016

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by barcelonista1981, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Arbitro hijoeputa

Jefe Esco repped this.
  2. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I hope we f them up en las eliminatorias.

cabezamagica and Jefe Esco repped this.
  3. Jefe Esco

Jefe Esco Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Refs robbed us that was a goal

4. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Damn. At least the teams knows they can win it!

5. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    IMO I think we played great and should have won it. The defense sometime shaky but very organized. Mina did really good in such limited time. He is going to be one of the best defenders from Ecuador ever to this point. Period. Not kidding. We need Caicedo...

ECUAlex and Jefe Esco repped this.
  6. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Meh, hard to complain about drawing Brasil, specially since we suck in CA, I really digged our defense

7. midfield.design

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    I love Mina what a player even the announcer said so. He should start going foward. We should of have won that ball did not cross out of bounds.

8. fafaco

fafaco Member+

Jun 16, 2015
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    That was definitely an OWN GOAL from Brazil!! The referee ********ed us over.. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

9. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    BS call but with Felipao this Brasil eats it.As much as I like Enner ,he needs to sit out ,maybe bring him in second half.good work by Mina and Achilier didn't suck.Montero ,meh ,bring in Arroyo for him.

10. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I agree about Felipao, I believe he is our best forward by far but about Montero? I Thought he was solid asf today, helped a ton on defense too, the distance that guy ran today Arroyo doesnt do in 2 games, Dont get me wrong I love Arroyo but as a sub

11. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yeah I agree that Montero played well. He didn't attack much because he helped defend a lot. Actually I think one of his best games in a while.

PLEASE bring Jose Angulo!!!! He is the future and can do what Caicedo does and more! If Caicedo was here then I understand not having him start but he isn't. E. Valencia isn't going to do anything.

12. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Really worried about Enner,when I think he was going to shine he either fell,tripped or lost the ball.theres too much pressure on him and he feels it,don't know why Angulo is not in but let's give yoya a chance to start against Peru the dude is tall and can work that defense

fafaco repped this.
  13. fafaco

fafaco Member+

Jun 16, 2015
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yes, I was just about to write about Angulo, until I saw your post.. Enner is losing it.. damn. What happen? Bolanos on the other hand, did great today! Way better than Enner.. I want to experiment with Miller and Angulo.. or Angulo and Felipe

14. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Oh man, That Wednesday game against Peru will be crazy

15. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I liked Mina and Dreer.
    too much sex probably. I heard he had a kid last year or something and now I saw this pic of his wife touching her belly lol

fafaco repped this.
  16. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Am I blind? I didn't noticed Gruezo until he commuted those fouls.

cabezamagica repped this.
  17. fafaco

fafaco Member+

Jun 16, 2015
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    We NEED to go all out on peru! That's the key match, that will determine whether we pass the next round or not.. and knowing peru in Copa America.. it's not gonna be easy

cabezamagica repped this.
  18. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    We have this horrible habit of choking in our second game after a decent first game, in the last 2 Copas we dropped the ball against Bolivia and Venezuela

19. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito

Well Bagui did fine to defend against Nani vs Portugal he also played the game when we tied in a friendly vs Netherlands good thing about him if that he is consistent. And as far as Ramirez, Pineida, Madrid they never faced players like that before I wish Ramirez would out of all of them I fell like Ramirez would have the diligence to learn how to defend against a player like that and adapt rather quickly.

I dont see any issues so far when he has started or got some playing time in the NT that would lead me to believe that. Pineida and Madrid unfortunately have less experience in the NT than Ramirez so they might get owned by a player like that lol.

20. bourne1

bourne1 Member

Jun 21, 2015
    Croatia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Watched the game and I'm fine with a draw. A. Valencia is hell of a player, with his speed he did very well. Montero was fine, although he didn't get the ball often. Gruezo and Ayovi the worst. I was impressed with Paredes block on Coutinho in the first half!!!!! 3 different situations vs Peru. If we lose, we're done, if we play tie, just need to win vs Haiti(cause Brazil will win vs Peru), and if we win, we're in the quaterfinals

21. ECUAlex

ECUAlex Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    where's the love for Dreer?? He had a really good game!

Ecuador played well in my opinion. Even though a few individual performances weren't good, the team as a whole played well. The result would've been nice but it was an encouraging performance.

Luigi408 repped this.
  22. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Mina was solid. Even if Erazo is good to go for the game against Peru I think Mina should start. He was also decently comfortable when on the ball. That was my biggest knock on him but he played within his limits yesterday. Achilier was also solid.

Walter struggled. That being said a lot of defenders are gonna struggle when going up against Wilian. Given his age and mileage he's gonna struggle when matched up against players with pace.

Montero, Bolanos, and A. Valencia were decent. Against a team like Brazil they defended a lot more than you would like but that helped us get the result. They did what was asked of them. I give Montero flack for being a ball hog at times but i don't think Arroyo or Martinez help would've covered the distance he covered.

As I said in previous post, Enner struggles against big physical defenders. When going up against quality opposition he's not going to be able to get by on his speed and athleticism alone. We obviously miss Caicedo. Can't help but wonder that the result might've been different had he played.

23. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Do Chileans think they look cute with those haircuts?

24. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Great test for our boys, a few things concern me.

1) Our Copa America history is absolutely terrible and its usually the second game that breaks our heart.

2) Peru is a great team in this tournament and they have 3 points already so they can just wait for us.

3) Gruezo is a serious problem

25. fafaco

fafaco Member+

Jun 16, 2015
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    #125 fafaco, Jun 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
    Peru already made it to the semis two Copas in a row.. THEY NEED TO GIVE US A CHANCE, GOD DAMIT.. Come on Peru, don't be greedy.. LET US BEAT YOU! and your right about Gruezo, I expected more from him.. Enner is also a problem.. he's just not scoring like he used to.. my question is.. who is going to start VS Peru.. Enner or J ayovi? I think maybe we should take our chances with ayovi.. but if J ayovi gets another yellow.. does that mean he won't play against Haiti? ... wait, I had to edit my post, cuz I just noticed Enner has a yellow too.. smh both our fowards have yellow. Anybody know how many cards they have accumulated?