COPA AMERICA ARGENTINA 2011 / Fans & Travel

Discussion in 'Copa América Centenario 2016' started by VAMOS MEXICO, Apr 24, 2011.

1. VAMOS MEXICO

VAMOS MEXICO New Member

Apr 21, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Now, that tix sale will start tonight, let's see who may go & also share some

info about air fares, hotels, car rentals, local atraccions,which team are you

following, etc, etc.;)

2. BarraUru

BarraUru Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Montevideo
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    I hope barra bravas from Uruguay (Peñarol and Nacional) go to Uruguay's game.. Altough I doubt because it is too expensive

3. juvefan4life

juvefan4life New Member

May 14, 2007
    I am interested in purchasing 3 tickets to the opening game. Is anyone selling tickets?

4. VAMOS MEXICO

VAMOS MEXICO New Member

Apr 21, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Got my airfare tix, is a multi-city with LAN for $1,650, I used expedia to book it.:)

San Diego-Mendoza, B's A's-Lima, Lima-San Diego.

5. Crop Circles Maria

Aug 1, 2005
    Valencia, California
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Ojala el bendito volcan este no nos malogre la Copa

6. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Regarding the volcanic ashes, the problem with traveling is to take flights, you can still travel from a venue to another on the road(bus, car, etc), however as far as I know by the time being the only conflictive venues with that are Buenos Aires(only the final will be played there) and La Plata, the rest seem to be fine, even Mendoza and San Juan which are the closer ones to the volcano. And by the time the cup starts the ashes may be gone.

7. Crop Circles Maria

Aug 1, 2005
    Valencia, California
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Si, pero primero tenemos que llegar a la Argentina de otros paises.

http://peru.com/futbol/7623/noticia-atencion-copa-america-sufriria-retraso

8. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  9. Crop Circles Maria

Aug 1, 2005
    Valencia, California
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
  10. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I asked my days off, on June 5,6,7...

I'm looking at flights at them moment, how much is a bus fair from Buenos Aires to Santa Fe? Average price for a decent hotel in Santa Fe? and lastly what are the price ranges for the games???!!?!?!?!

11. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    From Retiro to Buenos Aires its going to be anywhere from 120-160 pesos (30-40 U$S) depending on what line you take.

Not sure what kind of hotel you plan on staying in, but heres a link to the holiday inn in santa fe

http://www.holidaystafe.com.ar/011/

12. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Thank you.

Do you think I will have alot to worry about if I wanted to buy my tickets at the stadium? I'm planning on watching Colombia vs Costa Rica

13. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    sorry meant Colombia vs Argentina...:eek:

14. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    for Argentina vs. Colombia theres no chance you'd be able to buy tickets day of the game. Maybe, through the reventa, but it would be risky to go all the way to santa fe then have no luck.

15. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    :(

is there anyway I can get tickets now!!??

16. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  17. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    :(

Damn it...plans are ruined....Obviously I have no experience traveling.

I'm going to see if I can get a few days off for the Bolivia game....I don't know if travelling to Ju Juy is a good idea for my jobs sake. I can only have 3 or 4 days off.

18. Crop Circles Maria

Aug 1, 2005
    Valencia, California
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    bueno, por lo menos Ezeiza y Aeroparque estan operando con normalidad, por ahora...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeQiXtQssAU"]YouTube - ‪Visión Siete: Reanudan vuelos en Aeroparque y Ezeiza‬‏[/ame]

19. VAMOS MEXICO

VAMOS MEXICO New Member

Apr 21, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Que buena noticia que se reanuden los vuelos a B's A's.

Mi vuelo sale de California el 5 de Julio con escalas en Lima, y Santiago de Chile, y de Santiago un vuelo corto a Mendoza. A ver como me va.:rolleyes:

20. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I have checked a couple of newsplaces from Mendoza and, differently from the ones of Buenos Aires, they don't even mention the ashes in their headlines, evidently they have no troubles with the flights in there, more likely beachesl can confirm this. Also probably by the time of your flight the ashes may be gone from the affected areas involved in the Copa América, as far as I can tell it's mostly Buenos Aires and La Plata.

21. beachesl

beachesl Member

Oct 21, 2002
    Mendoza, Argentina
    Yeah, 2 to 3 weeks is a long time for things to change, no way we can say now.

The ashes have not reached Mendoza, the winds just have not blown this way.

Funny-strange, airports closed in Australia because of the ash, but no ash in El Bolson, 100 kms south of hard hit Bariloche. Depends on the air currents at the time.

------------------

Today from LAN webpage:

http://www.lan.com/en_us/sitio_personas/news/news-item/lan-flights-continue-as-normal

LAN flights continue as normal
    Friday, June 17, 2011, last updated at 00:00 local time in Santiago, Chile, 00:00 hrs. local time in Miami, United States.

As a result of the movement of volcanic ash from the Cordon Caulle chain, LAN’s flights continue as normal and flights to/ from both airports in Buenos Aires (Ezeiza and Aeroparque), as well as in the rest of the American continent, have been successfully resumed.

At present, only flights to/from Auckland in New Zealand and Sydney in Australia remain cancelled due to the position of this cloud and to the forecast for the ash’s movement. The company is constantly monitoring developments in the meteorological conditions to be able to resume affected flights and will update the status of its operations during the next few hours.

To find out which flights are affected, we are asking passengers to check this section, which will be kept permanently updated:

See details of affected international flights
    See details of affected domestic flights in Argentina

22. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Si es que tuviese que suspenderse algún vuelo de LAN Chile, a Argentina, se anunciará sólo 48 horas antes.

23. yessam1277

yessam1277 Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Haiti
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Late interest in going to Copa America. I have no tickets yet, I plan to go there for the final week and watch both Semis and the Final.

What are my chances of finding these tickets, and where? I don't mind paying over face value for tickets, but I want to make sure they will be available wherever.

If anyone has any idea please let me know.

Thanks