Copa America 2024 tix and stuff

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by wixson7, Feb 9, 2024.

1. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Details coming to Insiders on Feb 14th.

Will be interesting to see how US can fill these massive 80k+ stadiums vs these teams.

Big tournament for sure and hopefully lots of promotion/hype.. but no way US/Bolivia fills AT&T... lower bowl type of thing.

2. soccer_23

soccer_23 Member

Feb 6, 2014
    It’s a Sunday, which helps. But the US is also playing two games at the same stadium in March. I’d say maybe close to a full lower bowl and sporadic people in the upper (if they open it).

Panama and Uruguay games should be decent. Both in passionate sports (and soccer) cities. And the US rarely plays in Atlanta.

But still, I doubt any of these three sell out.

wixson7 repped this.
  3. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member+

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Thanks for the information. I am hoping to get a venue pass for the two matches at Levis, so I periodically check Ticketmaster for an on sale date.

I'll see what the Insiders option is for the US games. I think I can attend all the US group matches.

wixson7 repped this.
  4. mnsportsgeek

mnsportsgeek Member

Minnesota United FC
    United States
    Jan 12, 2022
    What a dumpster fire

Attached Files:

Eddie Stiel repped this.
  5. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member+

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I figured as much because the events had not yet made it to the ticketing platforms. It will happen eventually. I am a Premium Insider and have not gotten a similar notification for US Soccer. Come on, talk to the cheap seaters as well.

6. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member+

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I just started researching airfares for the US group games. Wow, expensive. It is probably too early to get a good price or so I hope.

7. Imtiaz

Imtiaz Member

United States
    Feb 23, 2018
    Any pre sale code sent for premium insider members ? I haven't received a single email from anywhere. And it seems prrsale starts In a day.

8. Bruins

Bruins New Member

May 19, 2006
    Haven’t received insider email yet. I know those that have season tickets for NFL venues hosting the tournament they received pre-sale emails.

9. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member+

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    There are many presales for these games, including an Insider presale on Friday. For the game in KC, it is the ninth presale after the Chiefs and SKC. It is similar for the games at Levi's Stadium. The 49ers and Quakes are before Insider.

Now that doesn't mean necessarily that Premium and above Insiders will have to wait until Friday, maybe the Insider presale is for the free Insiders and we get earlier access. Hopefully. We'll see when US Soccer sends us the promised email.

I can't find the sales platform for the US game in Atlanta. The link from the Copa America site goes to a dead Ticketmaster page. Ticketmaster itself shows nothing when I search the venue and "Copa America."

10. birdzilla123

birdzilla123 New Member

Manchester United
    United States
    May 26, 2021
    Does anyone know anything about the CONMEBOL presale and when those codes might come out? I signed up like 3 times on the site a few months ago and I still have heard nothing and I think that presale is tomorrow morning.

11. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member+

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I hope that the CONMEBOL presale is the one paid Insiders will have. I doubt that the first presale would be for anyone who filled out an online form. We should find out later today or tomorrow. I am waiting on US Soccer and the Earthquakes.

12. MLSfan66

MLSfan66 Member

NYCFC
    United States
    Feb 3, 2023
    This whole thing has been a total shit show.

wixson7 and Old Man! repped this.
  13. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member+

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I just got an exclusive presale code from SUM for presales starting at 10 AM venue time tomorrow morning. I am guessing this is the CONMEBOL presale code. The online form was pretty much identical to what SUM has used for many years.

There is a 12 ticket limit across the tournament per code. I think I am all set. I need 7 tickets, 4 for 2 games at Levi's and one for each of the US group matches.

Good luck.

wixson7 repped this.
  14. birdzilla123

birdzilla123 New Member

Manchester United
    United States
    May 26, 2021
    Is the form you are referring to the one that was on CONMEBOL's Copa America website for like 6 months?

15. Vahldoh

Vahldoh Member

Jun 30, 2013
    Texas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I haven't received anything yet. For reference, I'm a Premium Insider and signed up on compaemerica.com.

I think season ticket holders are the ones that are starting to receive codes.

birdzilla123 repped this.
  16. mnsportsgeek

mnsportsgeek Member

Minnesota United FC
    United States
    Jan 12, 2022
    I just got an email from USSF saying I’ll be able to buy at 2pm Friday. Lame.

Old Man! repped this.
  17. Old Man!

Old Man! BigSoccer Supporter

RIP Chicago Fire
    Mar 11, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It’s a little grating that Chiefs STHs get dibs before paying Circle Club members.

NNNJJJ repped this.
  18. birdzilla123

birdzilla123 New Member

Manchester United
    United States
    May 26, 2021
    I just got my code from Soccer United Marketing as well. So if you signed up via the Copa America site, look for it to be coming.

19. Old Man!

Old Man! BigSoccer Supporter

RIP Chicago Fire
    Mar 11, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And it’s 2PM at the time of the venue you’re trying to get tickets at. Bizarre. Why not just say 2PM ET and make it simple?

20. mnsportsgeek

mnsportsgeek Member

Minnesota United FC
    United States
    Jan 12, 2022
    I am not optimistic

21. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Definitely not the smoothest or most transparent that's for sure. Still 5 months out though..

I still remain confident since these are huge stadiums and I just can't see US group games selling out. Hope I'm wrong.

I know Insiders can use "it's a conmebol event" as an excuse.. and probably rightfully so. The Captains email went out with same form again. Pre-sale opportunity with the vague Cat 1,2,3 buckets. Ok so that's a positive I guess.
    My question is around supporters section as that's my preferred seating section. Fingers crossed that AO/Sammers have their own sales...but it would be interesting that it would happen outside of Insiders. Like a mix/match.

Either way, I'm going to the games and paying whatever the cost..

NNNJJJ repped this.
  22. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member+

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Yes.

I am Premium Insider and have heard nothing from US Soccer. It is a real bummer that Insiders are so far down the pecking order for presales. I always fill out online forms for alerts for soccer games I might want to attend. For years now, CONCACAF hasn't respond before the general onsale. CONMEBOL did. Lots of people must have filled out that form.

23. ifsteve

ifsteve Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Jul 7, 2013
    MS and ID
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Total BS. No email from USSF but seems like Insiders can get tix starting at 2pm tomorrow. Yet the email I got form SUM lets me go for tix at the Atlanta group stage match at 10 this morning. NO FREAKING idea if this presale will be the same seats or same costs as the Insider presale this morning. And its a total joke that there are all these other presales prior to the Insiders. I get the venue season ticket holders should get first crack. That's fine but it seems like USSF is way down the pecking order.

NNNJJJ repped this.
  24. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member+

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I got one ticket for the US/Panama match. This will be an expensive tournament. I bought the cheapest ticket ($80), upper deck behind the goal, lower row. By the time I got through the queue, I saw only one ticket at that price. I was rushing. The queue was over 2000.

NNNJJJ repped this.
  25. ifsteve

ifsteve Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Jul 7, 2013
    MS and ID
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So my experience with the queue.
    1. When it started I was llike 1650 but it took less than 5 minutes for me to be in the buy tickets mode. That's the good news.
    2. Buying tickets was a freaking joke. At least 5 times I had clicked on two tickets and added them to my cart and got a message "checking availability." All were already sold. So I finally got two tickets upper deck (section 112) midfield. Only problem was there are two other seats between us so hopefully it will be easy enough to move next to each other.
    3. KEY - When you are in the buying mode zoom WAY in. It wont let you click on a seat to buy it unless you are really zoomed in close.

Going to try again tomorrow with the Insider presale and see if better tickets show as available.

wixson7 repped this.