Copa America 2021 - Final - Brasil x Argentina - 7/10/21 [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by celito, Jul 7, 2021.

1. Brazil_1500

Brazil_1500 Member

Nov 3, 2003
    NY
    - Create youth centre for sports development.

- Brazilian coaches needs a forum to debate ideas and make it once a year event and never divulge the ideas debated.

2. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think your ideas are fine overall, I'm just going to comment on two I found interesting in some way:

1. Changing the national championship to mata-mata and the Copa to pontos corridos. As well as changing the State Championship.

League basically means "pontos corridos" (some have a mata-mata at the end like Brazil used to, some don't) and Copa is "mata-mata" by definition (though some use groups with points in early stages).

In the end it's really just a question of how you define words. If you were to change the format overnight, the Copa do Brasil would become a more prestigious tournament. It's not the name that makes it important.

I agree State Championships need to change.

2. Coach forum.
    A nice idea, but without stability for coaches, it wouldn't matter.

This year CBF said that you could not have more than two coaches for the Brasileirão - if you fired one, you could hire one, but you couldn't keep doing it.

Well, the clubs ignored that because there was a loophole. If you say it was a "mutual decision" to end the contract then it doesn't count. So clubs are firing coaches and then going back and saying to the coach "hey, please agree to say we didn't fire you and instead let's say it was a mutual decision".

The awareness that coaches need stability is there, we just need an environment for it.

If there were a forum, it would be a little silly in the modern world. The second a coach uses something new on the field it would be recorded and analyzed and all coaches in the world, at least those who have resources, would have access to it.
    The exchange of ideas is always out in the open today.

If you said tomorrow that all 20 clubs in Série A will have their current coach until the end of 2022 (and you could somehow enforce this), you would almost instantly see more ideas and variety in how teams play and you would see considerable progress in the league's general tactics.

3. Brazil_1500

Brazil_1500 Member

Nov 3, 2003
    NY
    It up for debate and not if you sign a NDA.

4. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil