Copa America 2020 (in 2021) not in Colombia & Argentina, but maybe Brasil? (Pre-thread)

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by Froboy69, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I was thinking Bayern vs Dortmund in 2012-2013. And Bayern in 2012 but then I realized that’s just about a decade ago LOL

2. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    You are getting old kid. And just to make clear, that's one of the things I hate the most about modern football; it was a joy to watch humbler teams from humbler leagues, made of 7-8 locals, reach the highest point of Euro competition, and then watch a competitive match against the Libertadores champs. Those days are now distant memories.

Furnaccio repped this.
  3. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Fok you super league.....

the copa america and euro cup was won by a bunch of players that plauyed in Torino, Atalanta, Sassuolo, Udinese, Lazio, Roma, Fiorentina, Sporting, aston villa,

also importanbt for those who try to take out merit to our colombians that are sucesfull in italy..........

Furnaccio repped this.
  4. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Oh you sweet summer child...

dapip and Furnaccio repped this.
  5. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    [​IMG]

6. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    well we have only one in the top 10 of the scoring list.......that didnt complete 200 minutes in field because the coach

upload_2021-7-12_10-36-32.png

upload_2021-7-12_10-37-56.png

7. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    lol you are the man dap

And I agree with you on most things in life

except the shitpl

pepinointer and dapip repped this.
  8. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The most enjoyable league this season was the Calcio, by far, but EPL was entertaining too. If the argument about which is the better league, the results speak by themselves. Finally, which country is better at football, I think Italy won the bragging rights this time, but the English came pretty close, and lost in big part because their coach made some pretty dumb decisions in the PKs. I'm not going to die in this hill, because everything can change next season.

ryu79, pepinointer and Furnaccio repped this.
  9. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    yeah i agree, actually the biggest loser was la LIGA.......even spain didnt have almost people of their league in his team...or at least the torunament with less representative of the league.....only pedri maybe was the only player with outstanding cup...

10. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It's crazy how dynamic this stuff shifts.

11. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Basically whoever gets the better TV contract gets the better teams and players. Unfortunately league managers and team owners think it’s all about their genius and systems, but nowadays it seldom is, and if it is, is mostly because they got the right players.

The incredible part is how much they keep trying to recreate the same system after players move or retire, and they look puzzled when they’re not able to do it anymore.

12. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Don't disagree. But the EPL has a disproportionate TV rights deal and on avg the wealthiest owners, right? And yet, I'd argue Seria A has been great to watch the past two seasons.

13. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    epl has had the best tv contracts for a while and they have a lot of oil money in it

yet their dominance has been just for the past few seasons

la liga for example have had champions winners 6 times since 2011 and Atlético reached the final twice

they also dominated Europa league

All with much less money

Serie A was definitely more fun to watch than EPL this past season. Those super 6 matches are always almost a guaranteed bore fest

14. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Entertaining is not dominating. Serie A has been lagging behind for a decade or so, with Juventus being the only team able to compete in Europe until the last two seasons. I have high hopes for Calcio this season, since their teams are becoming, not only a joy to watch, but very competitive.

EPL is a more even league in monetary terms, and their richest teams are not richer than Real and Barcelona. Atletico was a good project that overachieved in their early years, but now they're on par with the richest teams in the world, yet they have not replicated their early success.

For the previous decade, Barcelona and Madrid had arguably two of the best rosters ever, and they had the two best players of the last 20 years; however, despite their success between 2006 and 2018, Barcelona has not been to semifinal in 7 years and Real has not been to a final in 3; OTOH of the last 10 UCL finalist, 5 have been from EPL.

Now, you may have a point that Europa league has been dominated by La Liga teams, but, with the exception of some terribly managed English teams, and the Portuguese powerhouses, Spaniard teams are usually among the richest teams in that tournament.

Finally, if you look at the last decade, Spain dominated the early years, but the second half veered gradually towards EPL teams, but as I've said before, this is always in flux, at we had seen Italy, Germany, the EPL and la Liga take turns as the top competitors in Europe. I really hope that Italian teams become a force for the next few years, since they have more comprehensive projects and they play a very entertaining brand of football.

15. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  16. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007