Copa America 2019: Japan vs Chile

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Kenny South, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Keren

Keren Member+

Feb 15, 2013
    France
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  2. mushu21_2

mushu21_2 Member

Manchester United
    Vietnam
    Sep 1, 2018
    I only watched the 2nd half live, just re-watched the 1st half. What was Nakayama thinking? Despite playing at the DM, he spent his time fouling around, trying to fuel the physical game and intimidate Chile. Unlucky for him Chile and Uruguay are more than happy to play the game like that. By doing that he made Japan's central field looked extremely unbalance.
    Also, he used to be a CB but let the Chilean dominate and score from corner kick far too easy.

Japan brought too few DM/CM in this tournament and he has to sort it out real fast.

teioh, Kakeru and Keren repped this.
  3. HTCONEM8

HTCONEM8 Member+

AC Milan
    May 16, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Well, it's like they are asking for it by sending this u-23 team. And the search for a clinical Japanese striker is still going on. :(

seolseol and Kakeru repped this.
  4. Kakeru

Kakeru Member+

Manchester United
    Japan
    Feb 22, 2016
    Montréal, QC, Canada
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    That is very frustrating. When you think that even the likes of Gabon (Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang), Bulgaria (Hristo Stoichkov), Hungary (Ferenc Puskás), Ukraine (Andriy Shevchenko), and Sweden (Henrik Larsson, Zlatan Ibrahimovic) can seldom produce respectable and even legendary strikers who become names associated forever with their respective countries, people ought to ask WTF are Japanese coaches doing in their work of teaching football to the kids after all of this time.

5. Sheer Cold

Sheer Cold Red Card

Borussia Dortmund
    South Korea
    Jun 12, 2019
    Interesting to see that despite a poor showing, the Japanese Big Soccer forum doesn't shit on their players, as BSK would.

6. morimotomania93

Japan
    Jan 22, 2019
    I wonder if it was worth sending the young people to the slaughterhouse because if the goal was the Olympic Games, then the toulon tournament was for that and maybe he would have won by bringing back the best staff to toulon.

7. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Ueda and Nakajima's finishing was really poor today. Ueda as usual had good positioning but missed boat load of chances. Nakajima dribbled with the ball well but also missed several chances. Kubo was decent tho, could have scored some goals but overall decent.

Nakayama, Sugioka and Hara was not that good imo. Looks like the replacement for Gotoku Sakai/Uchida's fullback position is still ongoing.

Shibasaki was overall decent for someone who hasn't had much minutes at his club, i guess.

Kakeru and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  8. Sheer Cold

Sheer Cold Red Card

Borussia Dortmund
    South Korea
    Jun 12, 2019
    So this Korean Youtuber I follow is saying that Kubo's highlight reels make him look like a next Messi, but watching him in the 90 minutes makes him a bit less impressive. In the sense that he has great displays of skills but when it comes to a match, he doesn't get the chance to do much. Do you guys agree?

9. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Agree to a certain extent, he is good but still have some ways to go.

On the other hand, Tagawa among the all young CFs I have seen from the recent U-20/Toulon/Copa America seem to be the one with potential imo. The match against Korea would maybe turn out differently with him there. I hope he can have more chances in the JNT if possible bit overall the FW i think JNT needs the most currently is still Yuma Suzuki due to his physical ability.

10. Keren

Keren Member+

Feb 15, 2013
    France
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Unless you expect him to be perfect at 18 yo (for his first real cap) vs the outgoing champion of South America which had some weeks to prepare (contrary to Japan), and in a rookie's team, I don't know how you can seriously (and already) be disappointed with Kubo.

On the contrary, I found him encouraging.

But we really should stop talking about Messi.
    1) There's only one Messi.
    2) It's not doing Kubo a service.

Interiores and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  11. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I think Matsumoto shall start instead of him, and Iwata instead of Hara.

12. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Men vs boys...

Kakeru and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  13. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Hopefully the Osako overhype died here. Next, Wakahara

14. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Koki Ogawa also misses a few chances in the games he play, I would say. He is not extremely clinical too imo.

15. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Why they had only 4 days of training before this?
    Anyway if Moriyasu's goal is to give kids some lessons facing stronger adult opponents I can't understand why call and give minutes to the like of Okazaki.
    Then is A.Ueda the only fw to test in this tournament?
    Nakayama was the worst, cost us a goal and deserved a red card (imagine the final result with 10 men...).
    GK and SBs need to improve or be subbed by other youngsters to test (if any).

Anyway it's obvious that Japan will never reach the ko stage then let's hope in come good football vs Uruguay and Ecuador this time scoring too.

Kakeru repped this.
  16. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    I wondered if Yuma Suzuki wasn't injured, would Moriyasu call him. I feel that Japan could do with his presence upfront imo.

17. morimotomania93

Japan
    Jan 22, 2019
    In fact, Japan came to take a 4-0 against Chile, 5-1 against Uruguay and a 2-0 against Ecuador. Well, if it can help them improve why not... but until yesterday's result, I'm right why I didn't want to see them at the copa. 1 they are not legitimate to play in this cup. 2 after a nice world cup people see having a bad image of Japan, knowing that they will not take into account their age

18. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    I'm pretty sure only dumb people couldn't realized that Japan fielded a team of youngsters. The same A.Ueda has that high school student type face while some of the chileans had those veteran faces that could be fathers of their opponents.

Samurai Warrior and morimotomania93 repped this.
  19. Interiores

Interiores Member

East Tokyo United
    Japan
    Jun 3, 2016
    Japan
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Even Messi was suffering in full string Argentina. Korean youtuber? Rotfl

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  20. morimotomania93

Japan
    Jan 22, 2019
    yes that's true! but I would have liked him to put in the titles u22 japan 0-4 chile. it would be more true. others will not only see the match but just see the score unfortunately

21. NaohiroTakahara

NaohiroTakahara Member+

Nov 12, 2013
    Japan played awesome. They have golden chances for maybe 6-7 goals yesterday. Very good chances. The only difference was the scoring ability and bad luck. The 2 headers can anytime happe, especially vs young teams and the deflected goal was such a bad luck. Chile has 2-3 chances but nothing that good. The first 20 minutes of the first half and 40 minutes of the second half Japan played like gods. So fearless, so aggressiv so joyfull. It was a pleasure to watch. Even the defence was great. They blocked almost everything and I think at some time Chile was very scared.
    When Ueada scored the Chance he has in the 45 minute when the goal was empy I would say Japan has won this game but like often they beat himself.

Japan has enough Chances to score 3-4 goals easily and from speed, stamina and aggressivity Japan was was above Chile but Chile was clinical and a bit lucky, that's football sometimes.

Keren and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  22. mushu21_2

mushu21_2 Member

Manchester United
    Vietnam
    Sep 1, 2018
    If the jfa, the coaches, the managers decided to sent olympics team to this copa tournament, I don't think they care about 'face' or 'image' at the moment at all.

Get over it guys, the decision was made, the 'face' / 'image' is saved for next year, we just have to accept it and wait.
    Man, if Japan doesn't make it next year, it's time for us to release some sh!tstorms, not now.

Keren, teioh and morimotomania93 repped this.
  23. mushu21_2

mushu21_2 Member

Manchester United
    Vietnam
    Sep 1, 2018
    And I think the players are fully understand their responsibility. Despite their ages, they are playing as national team now. Splashing the tag #u22 or something just to save face is useless, if I were in Kubo or Abe's shoes I would feel a little bit insulted.

24. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    People who comment on a match giving no attention to huge details as the age of the athletes on the field and the chances they have created or worst without even having seen it, are not worthy of your time.
    I don't know in other countries but the Italian commentary underlined that Moriyasu called and fielded the Tokyo2020 Japan Olympics Team more than once and he praised their efforts and skills.

Morimoto I know you are genuinely worried but in some terms you remind me a (korean) troll of some time ago.. Prince Samurai if my memory serves me right...

25. morimotomania93

Japan
    Jan 22, 2019
    #100 morimotomania93, Jun 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    you're implying that I'm a troll ? You're serious? Yes, I'm sad because I've loved this team since 2000... I don't have to justify myself anyway. At some point you have to stop the paranoia, thank you.