Copa America 2019 : Japan U22 vs Uruguay

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Keren, Jun 20, 2019.

1. morimotomania93

Japan
    Jan 22, 2019
    Bolivia and Venezuela need to draw to have a better chance of qualifying?

2. Interiores

Interiores Member

East Tokyo United
    Japan
    Jun 3, 2016
    Japan
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    #102 Interiores, Jun 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2019

This is why i am not a fan of sat-back holding on to the result. It could go wrong anytime, anyday, fortunately, it wasn't. We're very lucky for that. Uruguay xG must be reduced by 1 point though, as it comes from Suarez PK.

mushu21_2 and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  3. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    I dunno what it means but if the goal is try to say that Uruguay deserved to win it's utter BS.
    They score 1, I repeat ONE, and suffered 2 by a bunch of kids + 3 overage and the only way they find to equalize was by a VAR incomprehensible mistake (2 times).

Japan dominated Greece in 2014 and Belgium in 2018 but they lost and none give a shit about match stats giving credit to the opponents. Now is Japan (u22) time.

Keren repped this.
  4. mushu21_2

mushu21_2 Member

Manchester United
    Vietnam
    Sep 1, 2018
    This xG thing is too complicated for me but it's clear the eager to score against a so called u22 lesser team made Suarez or Carvani lost their little compose in front of goal. It's not like the Japan's defense had a good game at all. Most of these 2's finishes were in free positions since the defenders were too slow or lost their marks to close them down, if I were Uruguay supporter I would pull my hair off.

Well it seems the lucks in Chile and Uruguay cancelled each other off. Against Chile I think Japan created much more clear cut chances but couldn't finish. Against Uruguay their left back and goalie were so bad that Japan scored, other than that there were all half chances situations. Overall I rate Uruguay more than Chile so this 2-2 match would do wonder for the young players' confidences.

5. Interiores

Interiores Member

East Tokyo United
    Japan
    Jun 3, 2016
    Japan
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    My point is, stopping to put pressure to Uruguay in the middle third of the play, and soaking up the pressure and let Cavani getting near and near towards our goal didn't give us any favour. Uruguay also created a lot of shots in the first half, but they came from an irrelevant zone, so they didn't create enough chances that really threaten us in a very long time, until at roughly 60 minutes until the end of the match, We let them completely taking the control the match and they started to get some more legit threat towards our goal.

Samurai Warrior repped this.